PDA

View Full Version : Loaner car for warranty work

neil55
08-23-2003, 08:38 PM
Hello all,

I am aware of the fact that many dealers only offer loaners for routine service if you bought the car from them.
Is the same true for warranty repairs ? One would imagine if the car is in for warranty related work for a few days , they would give a loaner and not discriminate as to where the car was purchased.
thanks

neil

tommyd
08-23-2003, 09:12 PM
Hello all,

I am aware of the fact that many dealers only offer loaners for routine service if you bought the car from them.
Is the same true for warranty repairs ? One would imagine if the car is in for warranty related work for a few days , they would give a loaner and not discriminate as to where the car was purchased.
thanks

neil

why not just go back to where you bought the car? as a dealer, if i had a loaner and two people in for service... one who bought the car from us and the other not... who do you think i'd give the loaner to if i had a choice? ...it's all about availability...

:dunno:

now if you're out of town and need warranty work, i believe bmw roadside will reimburse you hotel while your car is being repaired... not sure about the loaner but i think you might be able to get one if they're available...

neil55
08-23-2003, 10:18 PM
I was thinking of a situation when one moves and are no longer in the town where you purchased the car. :)

neil