PDA

View Full Version : Pricing for AWD?

davidc1
08-13-2009, 09:52 AM
Any idea? I don't see that you can build one on bmwusa.com yet.

New Motors
08-13-2009, 10:04 AM
PM'D you

Spiroman
08-13-2009, 12:41 PM
I suspect that pricing has not yet been released for the MY2010 F01/F02.

Best regards.

Spiroman

davidc1
08-13-2009, 12:46 PM
I am very happy to learn that active steering is now a separate option outside the sport package. I always like the sport pkg but not the active steering.

hayden
08-13-2009, 03:51 PM
I am very happy to learn that active steering is now a separate option outside the sport package. I always like the sport pkg but not the active steering.

What is the issue with Integral Active Steering? Note that this is a new system previously unavailable on any model.

davidc1
08-14-2009, 07:40 AM
What is the issue with Integral Active Steering? Note that this is a new system previously unavailable on any model.

I think it felt unnatural. I know some folks like it a lot but I never did. And I think it will confuse my wife. But everyone wins now.

asaseaban
08-14-2009, 08:07 AM
I think it felt unnatural. I know some folks like it a lot but I never did. And I think it will confuse my wife. But everyone wins now.

Not sure how it'll confuse your wife because you can't even see the rear wheel steering other than you know it's there and it improves turning radius and help keep the 7er flat on highways when changing lanes.

FYI, Rear steering has been tried by many car manufacturers in the past and has typically been abandoned because of weight, cost and complications but BMW has almost perfected it; emphasis on almost.

davidc1
08-14-2009, 08:21 AM
Not sure how it'll confuse your wife because you can't even see the rear wheel steering other than you know it's there and it improves turning radius and help keep the 7er flat on highways when changing lanes.

FYI, Rear steering has been tried by many car manufacturers in the past and has typically been abandoned because of weight, cost and complications but BMW has almost perfected it; emphasis on almost.

Maybe I am confused about what this is. Isn't this the variable ratio steering where you turn less at low speeds and more at high speed? I am not worried about rear steering as I am not sure if anyone would actually notice that.

davidc1
08-14-2009, 08:26 AM
By the way, Jim at NewMotors sent me some product info. and I saw the images of Msport package. It looked FANTASTIC! I think it was in carbon black.

asaseaban
08-14-2009, 08:59 AM
Maybe I am confused about what this is. Isn't this the variable ratio steering where you turn less at low speeds and more at high speed? I am not worried about rear steering as I am not sure if anyone would actually notice that.

Integral Active Steering which varies the steering angle of the rear wheels increases safety, stability and comfort to particularly benefit rear-seat passengers. At higher speeds Integral Active Steering ensures extremely comfortable and superior response on the road when changing lanes and in bends. At low speeds the car's turning circle is decreased to significantly enhance agility and nimble performance. In addition to the enhancement of stability in quick direction changes, Active Steering also ensures even greater superiority and better handling in brake manoeuvres.

XZLR8
08-14-2009, 09:19 PM
Any idea? I don't see that you can build one on bmwusa.com yet.
I was told $3000.

XZLR8
08-14-2009, 09:22 PM
I have never been a fan of A/S on any of the BMWs that I've driven and have declined it every time it was available. Until now. I love it on the new 7 and can't imagine NOT getting it. It's just that different from any experience that I've had with it before this.