PDA

View Full Version : Preaching BMW( a bit long)

Jeff_DML
08-27-2003, 12:46 PM
This is what my wife told me when she got home last night. She was driving the wagon home after running some errands last night and was driving on a freeway interchange(for the SD peeps-8 to 163) where one freeway merges into another. As she was merging onto the new freeway someone suddenly pulled in front of her and slammed on his brakes. He had no cars in front of him and seem to do it for no reason. She was able to do a emergency dodge of the guy and get around him. The wagon pulled it off no problem and recovered after the swerve. My wife has never been in a accident or gotten a ticket. She said of with all the other vechicles she has driven(not sure if she included my A4 :)) she would of hit the guy, only the wagon could and did avoid this accident.

As BMW says, active safety is very important :thumbup: Not to start the suv flame war going again but it is sad that all these lemmings who think driving a big SUV is safer, with one she would of plowed into the back of him.

I personally think it was some sort of car insurance scam, some guy saw her driving up with the xenons headlights and thought he could make a quick buck off us and our insurance.

The Roadstergal
08-27-2003, 01:07 PM
Some people do it just to be :jack: :bareass: es. Good for your wife to have the presence of mind to react quickly, and good for you two to have her in a very responsive and safe car. :thumbup:

HW
08-27-2003, 01:56 PM
what would be funny is if the joker did this to some luny and the luny pulls out a gun and shoots out his back window! :p :tsk:

kdshapiro
08-27-2003, 08:34 PM
As BMW says, active safety is very important :thumbup: Not to start the suv flame war going again but it is sad that all these lemmings who think driving a big SUV is safer, with one she would of plowed into the back of him.

If a person want to drive a SUV, by all means do so. But don't be lulled into thinking your big SUV or cross-over handles as well as a sedan. If you have CR on-line you can browse the ratings. Most of the cross-overs get a good and below. Even the G35 according to CR doesn't handle as well in an emergency as the 3-series. But it's a fact, the higher the center of gravity, the more prone to roll-overs.

Raffi
08-27-2003, 10:56 PM
Glad she made out ok Jeff. There are too many nutcases out there. :thumbdwn:

EDIT: BTW, you mean praising, not preaching, right? :angel:

Emission
08-28-2003, 12:27 AM
I assume you don't consider the X5 in your SUV class...

My X5 will run circles around my Passat (the center of gravity on the X5 is only 5 inches higher than it is on the E39).

doeboy
08-28-2003, 12:45 AM
I assume you don't consider the X5 in your SUV class...

My X5 will run circles around my Passat (the center of gravity on the X5 is only 5 inches higher than it is on the E39).

Kudos to BMW for making a high profile vehicle like that handle so much like a passenger car. :)

LeucX3
08-28-2003, 10:26 AM
I can see where that interchange can be a bit dangerous, but i like it because i can usually speed through there no problem.

But yeah, that guy seemed like a cheeseball. Did it have Front BC or BC Mex plates on it? :eek:

Jeff_DML
08-28-2003, 11:04 AM
I can see where that interchange can be a bit dangerous, but i like it because i can usually speed through there no problem.

But yeah, that guy seemed like a cheeseball. Did it have Front BC or BC Mex plates on it? :eek:

she didnt mention what the plates where, she said it was some ordinary sedan i.e. camry or something

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
preaching as in :soapbox:

Raffi
08-28-2003, 01:35 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
preaching as in :soapbox:

I see. :D