PDA

View Full Version : HACK - Brake Q

LilEccentricJ
12-27-2001, 10:35 PM
The Bentley manual has a warning under brake bleeding that "E46 cars REQUIRE special BMW service equipment...." when bleeding the brake lines. Bentley Manual P 340-5

The procedure goes on to explain that there is a function "bleeding ABS/DSC" throught the MoDic. Have you known there to be a problem with bleeding the lines without this benefit and have you noticed any trouble codes being triggered after a bleed?

TIA

ayn
12-28-2001, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by LilEccentricJ
The Bentley manual has a warning under brake bleeding that "E46 cars REQUIRE special BMW service equipment...." when bleeding the brake lines. Bentley Manual P 340-5

The procedure goes on to explain that there is a function "bleeding ABS/DSC" throught the MoDic. Have you known there to be a problem with bleeding the lines without this benefit and have you noticed any trouble codes being triggered after a bleed?

TIA

Many of us here have bleeded our brakes, I did it with ATE SuperBlue, with a pressure bleeder at 26 psi for the ABS. No fault codes were triggered. No problem with my brakes so far, my brakes got firmer after the fluid change and they performed well on the track.

--Andrew

LilEccentricJ
12-28-2001, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by ayn

Many of us here have bleeded our brakes, I did it with ATE SuperBlue, with a pressure bleeder at 26 psi for the ABS. No fault codes were triggered. No problem with my brakes so far, my brakes got firmer after the fluid change and they performed well on the track.

--Andrew

Is that a DOT4 or 3 fluid? I understand 3 to perform better but require more frequent changes. Thanx for your input on the ABS/PSI OBD question. Maybe the warning statement was meant more to protect the publishers from liability.?.

SteveT
12-28-2001, 09:22 AM
I've also flushed the lines without a problem. Used the pressure bleeder as well.

The HACK
12-28-2001, 10:14 AM
Glad to see there are knowledgeable and experienced enthusiasts on this board to help each other out. :)