PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have an E36 M3 sales brochure?

bren
08-28-2003, 02:20 PM
Sorry to post this in the General Board but I wanted to make sure I got maximum exposure.

I am looking for official BMW language explaining the E36 M3 (96-99), heritage, purpose, etc. and hopefully official Stats, acceleration, braking, etc. I figure a brochure would be the best way to get all of this, or maybe a magazine article.

I tried searching various web sites but couldn't find anything official that I can quote. If you know where I can find this info I would greatly appreciate it....thanks

TD
08-28-2003, 02:31 PM
I've got the Road & Track from (IIRC) August 1997 that has the road test/review of the E36 M3/4.

They more or less called it the best car they'd ever driven.

Will that help?

Mr. The Edge
08-28-2003, 02:34 PM
Are you looking for information specifically for the U.S. version, or the Euro version?

JST
08-28-2003, 02:37 PM
Sorry to post this in the General Board but I wanted to make sure I got maximum exposure.

I am looking for official BMW language explaining the E36 M3 (96-99), heritage, purpose, etc. and hopefully official Stats, acceleration, braking, etc. I figure a brochure would be the best way to get all of this, or maybe a magazine article.

I tried searching various web sites but couldn't find anything official that I can quote. If you know where I can find this info I would greatly appreciate it....thanks

I have a couple at home. I can scan one of them for you, if you like. PM me tonight so I don't forget.

Josh (PA)
08-28-2003, 02:57 PM
I have a couple at home. I can scan one of them for you, if you like. PM me tonight so I don't forget.

If you get a chance to scan it, would you mind posting it here?

Thanks

bren
08-28-2003, 04:43 PM
I've got the Road & Track from (IIRC) August 1997 that has the road test/review of the E36 M3/4.

They more or less called it the best car they'd ever driven.

Will that help?
Couldn't hurt...I am looking for those types of comments.

Aty, I am interested in US only.

Thanks guys!

TD
08-28-2003, 04:47 PM
Then there's the Car and Driver from Sept 1997 that judged the Best Handling Car at Any Price. The M3 won, beating out all of the then-current Porsches and Ferraris and the Vette and Viper.

Sean
08-28-2003, 06:58 PM
I'm the brochure king :D, but I have no way to scan any of them. I have brochures all the way back to the 80's.

JST
08-28-2003, 08:02 PM
If you get a chance to scan it, would you mind posting it here?

Thanks

My scanner is crapping out on me, but I managed to scan a couple of pages.

EDIT: This is a 1997 MY brochure, that I picked up on 12/29/1997 from John Roberts BMW in Austin, TX.

bren
08-28-2003, 08:10 PM
I knew you guys would be able to help out....

This stuff isn't really for me, it's for one of the DA's to use in court. Anyway, I can't really go into detail but it would be great to have as many facts as we can get.

Thanks Again

Sean, check your PM....we can't let all of those brochures go to waste.

Sean
08-28-2003, 10:05 PM
I knew you guys would be able to help out....

This stuff isn't really for me, it's for one of the DA's to use in court. Anyway, I can't really go into detail but it would be great to have as many facts as we can get.

Thanks Again

Sean, check your PM....we can't let all of those brochures go to waste.

Checked your PM.

They are all boxed up. They actually might be worth something one day. 30+ years from now.