PDA

View Full Version : Rear seat

jss
08-21-2009, 10:26 PM
I have 3 young kids and love the large rear seating of the 750. I would like to get the rear entertainment package, thought the bmw dealer stated that with that package the middle of the rear seat was extremely firm and not suitable for a third person. I believe he was likely mistaken, and was confusing the rear seat luxury package. I called bmw usa and they were not able to give me any information. Does anyone know if the "standard" rear seat remains if only the rear entertaiment package is purchased (without the rear luxury seat package)?? Thank you.

hayden
08-22-2009, 09:33 AM
I have 3 young kids and love the large rear seating of the 750. I would like to get the rear entertainment package, thought the bmw dealer stated that with that package the middle of the rear seat was extremely firm and not suitable for a third person. I believe he was likely mistaken, and was confusing the rear seat luxury package. I called bmw usa and they were not able to give me any information. Does anyone know if the "standard" rear seat remains if only the rear entertaiment package is purchased (without the rear luxury seat package)?? Thank you.

The rear seat entertainment has no effect on seating. The only way to go from 3 seatbelts to 2 seatbelts in the back is with the addition of the "Luxury Rear Seating Package" on the Li.

jss
08-22-2009, 10:36 AM
Thank you; that is what I assumed

jss
10-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Sorry to bring this up again, but I have now been told by 2 independent bmw dealers and a general mgr that if one were to order the rear entertainment pkg, then there are only two rear seats; the middle is hard plastic w/o a seat belt. This is independent of ordering the rear seat luxury pkg.

Has anyone who has ordered the rear entertainment system received a car with seating for three in the rear seat? Thank you.

hayden
10-08-2009, 12:43 PM
Can you ask them how a 750i can get the rear seat entertainment and it doesn't even have a rear seat package available? These guys don't know what they are talking about...

BMR2009
10-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Uh, BS. I have it in my LI. I even took a pic at the Welt. Hold on...

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u134/nightwalker21/DSC_2846-1.jpg

I sat there and it's not hard plastic, but it's not as padded as the seats since it's the middle etc. I DO NOT HAVE THE LUXURY SEATING PACKAGE!!!! Don't need it with the kids.

hayden
10-08-2009, 07:21 PM

I sat there and it's not hard plastic, but it's not as padded as the seats since it's the middle etc. I DO NOT HAVE THE LUXURY SEATING PACKAGE!!!! Don't need it with the kids.

And you had 3 seatbelts in the back, correct?

tturedraider
10-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Sorry to bring this up again, but I have now been told by 2 independent bmw dealers and a general mgr that if one were to order the rear entertainment pkg, then there are only two rear seats; the middle is hard plastic w/o a seat belt. This is independent of ordering the rear seat luxury pkg.

Has anyone who has ordered the rear entertainment system received a car with seating for three in the rear seat? Thank you.

Good Lord where DO they finds these guys?! I recommend you find another dealership.

LovinM6
10-08-2009, 10:40 PM

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u134/nightwalker21/DSC_2846-1.jpg

I am a little confused looking at your signature. It says "Lux seating."

What other option is that referring to?

Thanks for the clarification.

hayden
10-08-2009, 10:49 PM
I am a little confused looking at your signature. It says "Lux seating."

What other option is that referring to?

Thanks for the clarification.

I assume he means "Luxury Seating Package" for the front seats.

LovinM6
10-09-2009, 07:23 AM
I assume he means "Luxury Seating Package" for the front seats.

Thanks Hayden, I am sure that is it.

Sorry for the confusion.

BMR2009
10-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Yes, three seat belts. Yes, front seats for the LUX pkg. If you get the rear seat upgrade, you lose the center seat but gain two incredibly comfotable seats. Your choice...