PDA

View Full Version : Excellent dealer experience...

johnlew
08-29-2003, 05:18 PM
Well, it looks like my dealer is making a real effort at service. The 330CIC has been making a creaking noise that's noticeable at very low speeds when turning or running over uneven surfaces, thought it was a salted up bushing that needed lubing. Nothing awful, but I just procrastinated because I didn't want to do the whole dealer, loaner car business. Left the office early today and pulled into the dealer service bay, whereupon, I was greeted by name. Service rep and I took a ten foot spin and he said they'd look at it right now, that I should go look at some cars and check back. So, I went into the various showrooms and outside spotted a 2003 M3 coupe with 6 speed. Walked back in, bumped into the sales manager and asked if I could take it for a spin. In 1 minute I had the keys and a salesman was putting the dealer plate in the rear window. Off for the test drive. Upon returning I checked with the service rep about my car and he informed me that the car needed a lower left control arm and that they were replacing it right now! Wow! 15 minutes later the car was finished, in the service rep bay, quick sign of the warranty papers, a handshake, complimentary box of mints and I was gone. Without a doubt, best service experience I've ever had. Concours Motors in Milwaukee.

Bobby 325i
08-29-2003, 06:23 PM
Its always good to see a dealership service dept give prompt service like that. There are some places that make you leave the car there for a number of days just for an oil change and brake job (Damn MB dealers:mad:). It was also cool of them to let you take out the ///M3 :thumbup:. I bet when BMWof NA calls you for the service survey, you're gonna be givin high scores:thumbup:.

AndDown
08-30-2003, 10:19 AM
Nice to hear a positive experience - I've had good experiences at both of the dealerships I've gone to. I find that treating the SA with courtesy and not being overly demanding, as well as sticking with the same SA for all services, has helped with improved service. :)

ObD
08-30-2003, 05:07 PM
So where is the M3 review thread? ;)

JetBlack330i
08-30-2003, 05:32 PM
:thumbup:
Agreed. That was the nicest dearlership trip that I've heard of.
So, what do you think of the M3?