PDA

View Full Version : Product News / Reviews Reverse Logic Jack Pad - Track prep made easy

tim330i
08-25-2009, 08:51 PM
198551As with most do-it-yourself projects, getting my car ready for a local BMW CCA track day seems like a simple affair. All I needed to do was check the brakes and flush the fluid. But as with most projects what should be simple always ends up taking a few more steps than you'd like, is more time consuming that you'd like or leaves you with a big mess.

Jacking up your car, the basic start to any project seems simple but you don't want to rush and have you car fall off the jack or damage your side skirts. BMW provides a great starting point with the stock jack locations, but they're precariously close to your side skirts and properly centering the jack is critical so you car doesn't fall off.

Reverse Logic (http://www.reverselogic.us) solves these common problems with their simple, innovative, well built and cool looking jack pad tool. The tool pops into the stock jack pad location providing you with an easy and side skirt safe location to use your floor jack from. After a DIY project I leave it on my desk as a paper weight simply because it looks so cool!

With the Reverse Logic jack pad I was able to quickly get my car up in the air with the popular Craftsman racing jack, or with a deep saddle steel jack that I normally can't use because it would damage my side skirts. I then proceeded on with my track prep, which of course had other issues but at least the jacking up and down went smoothly!

I got the track just in time for tech and passed with flying colors and a complement on having flushed my fluid so recently (the day before). I had a good run with my new to me 2003 M3 (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=690728) and the new Nitto NT05 (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=392196&highlight=) that I'll be posting a review of soon.

All in all it was a great day at the track and I was lucky enough to get a ride in Turner Motorsports new 2008 M3 with none other that Will Turner himself at the wheel! Power sliding at 100 MPH out of a turn is something to be experienced.

Reekinghavoc702
08-28-2009, 10:44 PM
thats what we use at discount tires, been out for awhile

Solidjake
08-28-2009, 10:53 PM
I saw that product before, it is very very useful. I still need to buy two more jack pads because they are missing.

atr_hugo
08-30-2009, 06:37 PM
Boy howdy - I don't track my car, but when it comes time to pulling the wheels for cleaning, the Reverse Logic pad comes in handy - and it beats the beejeebers outta the custom piece I was using. ; -)

pimpin.dre
09-18-2009, 05:59 PM
only problem is, my car is still too low to fit a trolley jack under.

instead, i plan to make up (as dad has done for his prosche) a pad that will slide into the standard jacking points (in the skirts) and allow me to use a trolley jack from there.

looks like a cool product tho, good find!

ventsyv
09-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Its a nice product but $35 ?? For one pad ? I could even understand $35 for 4 or even 2 pads but $35 is way overpriced.

BIMMERUSAM5
09-28-2009, 03:34 PM
I like it.

I take my M3 to the track and almost evey time I use the jack pad. It comes in handy for all the bs that happens there.

mujjuman
12-04-2009, 02:35 AM
cool, but the car they are jacking up is an E46... but the car they are driving on the track is a E9x. What gives?

tim330i
12-04-2009, 07:33 AM
cool, but the car they are jacking up is an E46... but the car they are driving on the track is a E9x. What gives?
I got a ride along with Will Turner of Turner Motorsport at the track. Thought it was a cool picture so I included it :)

Tim

Oulixes
01-19-2010, 09:57 AM
The BMW jacking point is designed to make sure the jack cannot slide out of it. The adapter interface with the car is well thought out, since it includes a spring-loaded pin, which is convenient. The interface with the jack is not so good, since its bottom is flat and there is no guarantee that the adapter will not slide off the jack. To put it differently, the adapter guarantees a safe interface with the car, but not with the jack. The BMW design guarantees both.

GoRavens
01-30-2010, 06:43 PM
Where is the jack-stand in the picture???? Looks like the car has been up for a little while. Not very safe.

tim330i
02-01-2010, 09:32 AM
Where is the jack-stand in the picture???? Looks like the car has been up for a little while. Not very safe.
I wouldn't get under a car without jack stands but swapping wheels or flushing the brake fluid seems safe enough.