PDA

View Full Version : horizontal scrolling

·clyde·
08-29-2003, 06:38 PM
Hopefully, there will be some way to limit horizontal scaling to the post with the extra wide images and sigs that will be implemented at some point.

It really sucks to have to scroll horizontally in order to read each and every post in a thread because someone posted an image that was 2 million pixels wide or has a sig that is wider than you prefer to have your browser window.

I recall it being an issue in an older version of the software, but it was "fixed" at some point. :dunno:

Spectre
09-12-2003, 06:03 PM
You've got my vote on that one. Just went through one too many pages where I had to scroll back and forth.

Of course, my ultimate solution is the 1600x1200 resolution of the new laptop I'm getting. :D

·clyde·
09-12-2003, 06:12 PM
You've got my vote on that one. Just went through one too many pages where I had to scroll back and forth.

Of course, my ultimate solution is the 1600x1200 resolution of the new laptop I'm getting. :D
Even that's not effective IMO. I don't like browser windows that fill up the entire screen.

There's a reason that type only runs a couple inches across before breaking for the next line in magazines and newspapers.

Spectre
09-17-2003, 12:06 AM
Even that's not effective IMO. I don't like browser windows that fill up the entire screen.
I always run my windows in full-screen mode. Must be UNIX/terminal background where it was always full-screen. :)
There's a reason that type only runs a couple inches across before breaking for the next line in magazines and newspapers.
Sure, but given the alternative that involves scrolling the screen back and forth, I'll take long lines any day.

·clyde·
01-04-2004, 08:23 AM
Not a problem anymore! :thumbup:

The Roadstergal
01-04-2004, 10:31 AM
Not a problem anymore! :thumbup:

I just read the Stuka thread, and the pictures are still pushing the text of all messages on that page off of the screen. :dunno: :(

·clyde·
01-04-2004, 10:41 AM
Only the text in the message with the pic(s) is running off the edge on all the browsers on my Mac. :dunno:

Also, at one point earlier today, I thought I saw that the text was limited to the window width for the post with the wide pics. I was probably imagining things.