PDA

View Full Version : Well I finally started to work on it......

3seriesbimmer
08-31-2003, 07:16 PM
The 1977 320i is finally up on jack stands and has the wheels off. The Harbor Freight Alum. Jack worked like a charm. The only problem I encountered was the fact that these wheels haven't been removed in years. Therefore I had to use the impact wrench to get them off. 120psi to get each bolt off. That was AFTER lubing them up with a rust remover/greaser.....ugghhh. Anyway...now it's time to get the brakes reconditioned and the wheels cleaned thoroughly. :thumbup: :thumbup:

RCK
08-31-2003, 07:19 PM
Just curious, what is your ultimate goal with the 320i :dunno:

3seriesbimmer
08-31-2003, 08:32 PM
Just curious, what is your ultimate goal with the 320i :dunno:

just to use as a commuter here and there or weekend trip car. keep the miles down on the 02. etc. Nothing fancy just trying to get it mechanically sound. It was pratically given to me so I figured what the hell. :D

The Roadstergal
09-01-2003, 09:52 AM
just to use as a commuter here and there or weekend trip car. keep the miles down on the 02. etc. Nothing fancy just trying to get it mechanically sound. It was pratically given to me so I figured what the hell. :D
:thumbup:

Once I got the wheels off of the 325 - sit, kick one side, kick the other, kick, kick, sore legs, wriggle off - I wire-brushed the rust off of the hub, wiped it down with WD-40 on a rag, and smeared a little lube on before remounting the wheel. The old ones freeze on nastily!

joshr
09-01-2003, 10:52 AM
hey, if it doesn't work out you can always give me your 5 speed tranny for my tii.

3seriesbimmer
09-03-2003, 04:21 PM
hey, if it doesn't work out you can always give me your 5 speed tranny for my tii.

Actually I will keep you posted..... I also have a seperate entire tranny out of an 80 that was given to me along with MANY other 320i parts.

dduk
09-03-2003, 06:43 PM
:thumbup:

Once I got the wheels off of the 325 - sit, kick one side, kick the other, kick, kick, sore legs, wriggle off - I wire-brushed the rust off of the hub, wiped it down with WD-40 on a rag, and smeared a little lube on before remounting the wheel. The old ones freeze on nastily!

Had the same problem every spring when the summers went on. I loosen the lugs a little and do some sprited driving before taking the wheels off completely. Works like a charm!