PDA

View Full Version : 330Ci stolen from my driveway!

CPS
09-01-2003, 10:55 AM
Unbelieveable. I lost my wallet on Saturday afternoon. By midnight, I gave up on finding it and called my credit card companies. I discovered that whoever picked up my wallet had gone on a spending spree. I cancelled all the cards, but forgot that I was carrying the little plastic BMW emergency key in the wallet. I woke up Sunday morning to find my newly leased 330Ci stolen from my driveway.

Needless to say, the police don't promise to be helpful. They took my report by phone rather than come down to the house. They told me --displaying their shrewd detecting intellects -- that they can't assume that whoever had my wallet stole my car. They also expressed surprise and suspicion at my calm demeanor on the phone, suggesting that I wasn't acting the way someone with a stolen car should. And to cap it off, they told me they would use only "the level of diligence appropriate to a minor property crime" in investigating the theft. By this I understand that they intend to do nothing.

I had leased the car about 4 months ago, and thankfully didn't pay anything down. I have 9 MSDs in the car, which I assume are not in jeopardy. I would nonetheless be greatful to hear from others what I can expect from BMW in this situation. If the car isn't found, or is totalled, do they pony up a new one, or cancel the lease? How long does it take for them (and/or the insurance company) to take action? And what if its found intact, but with some damage?

Look forward to your replies. And if you see someone driving a 2003 orient blue/natural brown 330Ci (SP/PP/5-speed), kindly run them off the road.

Brashland
09-01-2003, 11:19 AM
WOW and OUCH!

You'll have to get your insurance company to talk with BMW financial services.

Standard of the police though. They talk about how they're underpaid (they are), understaffed (they are), and unappreciated (well...). Then they pull this sort of attitude and how do they expect to be treated?

nowonder
09-01-2003, 11:21 AM
Ouch! Sorry to hear about the loss. The level of incompetence shown by the local police never fails to astound me.... They have the gall to imply that you were somehow in on it just because you weren't screaming at them on the phone? Horrible.

Anyway, best of luck with the insurance.

--nw

The Roadstergal
09-01-2003, 11:21 AM
:jawdrop:

Hell, man. I'm so sorry. There are some real &^%$ers out there. Good for you for keeping calm. I hope it works out well - they just go joy-riding and drop the car off somewhere.

tgravo2
09-01-2003, 11:37 AM
:yikes:

That is unbelievable. It's crazy that something like this could happen. Maybe they saw your key in the wallet then found your house by looking at your address on your license, and stole the car. That is nuts.

Good luck with everything. I hope that you get what you deserve. Hopefully they can find the people and you get your car back.

tgravo2
09-01-2003, 12:03 PM
[QUOTE=tgravo2]:yikes:

Maybe they saw your key in the wallet then found your house by looking at your address on your license, and stole the car. That is nuts.

QUOTE]

:rofl: Brilliant deduction, Travis :rofl:

Seriously, that does suck though. As if losing your wallet wasn't bad enough. Sorry to hear that :(

I know :D

It's amazing how quick I am at thinking of these things :rofl:

___lk___
09-01-2003, 12:04 PM
the E36 had a computer that required u enter a PIN code before the engine would start...didnt matter what key u had. i absolutely loved that feature and thot it was an amazingly bad decision to cripple the OBC on the E46 car the way they did.

the CODE? feature alone paid for the $500 computer option on my E36 because u got an insurance discount on theft... it was an amazingly good feature. figures they would dump it for no reason. :thumbdwn:

anyhoo, sorry about your car. smart move not putting money down on it...no idea what happens to your MSD's tho, but i bet u get 'em back. :rolleyes:

tgravo2
09-01-2003, 12:13 PM
the E36 had a computer that required u enter a PIN code before the engine would start...didnt matter what key u had. i absolutely loved that feature and thot it was an amazingly bad decision to cripple the OBC on the E46 car the way they did.

the CODE? feature alone paid for the $500 computer option on my E36 because u got an insurance discount on theft... it was an amazingly good feature. figures they would dump it for no reason. :thumbdwn:

anyhoo, sorry about your car. smart move not putting money down on it...no idea what happens to your MSD's tho, but i bet u get 'em back. :rolleyes:

so you had to put in a pin # everytime you got in the car?

CPS
09-01-2003, 12:45 PM
so you had to put in a pin # everytime you got in the car?

Ironically, I am now driving an E36 325 with this feature. (On loan from my brother). I understand that you can enter the pin to lock up the ignition, which will then demand the pin when you start it up. But you certainly don't need to enter the pin every time. Useful feature if you're parking in a sketchy area, or if you lose your wallet and key!

tgravo2
09-01-2003, 12:45 PM
if u wanted to.. u could set the code when u parked the car, and it wouldn't start until u entered that code again when u returned... so if u knew u were in a bad area, or parking it overnite, then set the code and there's no way anyone was getting ur car unless they had a flatbed :thumbup:

I wish I had that feature :(

srcstc
09-01-2003, 01:18 PM
:yikes:
Maybe they saw your key in the wallet then found your house by looking at your address on your license, and stole the car.

The FBI needs people like you.

tgravo2
09-01-2003, 02:53 PM
The FBI needs people like you.

Do they pay well? :D :angel: :p :thumbup:

Bruce
09-01-2003, 03:43 PM
The only thing BMW FS expects is the monthly payments. Beyond that they are not involved.

You need to call your insurance and get them to iron the situation out and pay off the loan.

SARAFIL
09-01-2003, 05:13 PM
The only thing BMW FS expects is the monthly payments. Beyond that they are not involved.

You need to call your insurance and get them to iron the situation out and pay off the loan.

Good advice. The difference between a down payment (cap cost reduction) and a multiple security deposit program is that the down payment reduces the balance you owe BMW, while the security deposits are just used to lower the financing rate on the lease. BMW leases come with GAP insurance, which will cover the likely gap between your payoff and the amount the insurance company wants to settle for, so you should make out fine in that aspect. Also, once the lease is terminated and paid off, you shoud get the MSD's back. Had you put that money in as a cap cost reduction, you wouldn't be entitled to get it back. Also, your payoff would be much lower, and likely close to the current value of the car, which means in that case, the GAP insurance, and not you, is the winner.

remington
09-01-2003, 05:21 PM
That really sucks, my condolences. I can't help but point out that if you lose a key to your car along with the address to your home attached to it, it would have been wise to have your car key reprogrammed. :nono: I guess hindsight is 20/20. I think those plastic keys are trouble, every story I have heard about how they saved someone from getting locked out of their car is countered by an account of how one was used to steal the car :eek:

tgravo2
09-01-2003, 05:25 PM
u cant have tattoo's :rolleyes:

I don't :dunno:

SARAFIL
09-01-2003, 05:27 PM
That really sucks, my condolences. I can't help but point out that if you lose a key to your car along with the address to your home attached to it, it would have been wise to have your car key reprogrammed. :nono: I guess hindsight is 20/20. I think those plastic keys are trouble, every story I have heard about how they saved someone from getting locked out of their car is countered by an account of how one was used to steal the car :eek:

Reprogramming does nothing to change the fact that the actual key will still fit in the door lock cylinder and ignition. So, the thief will have to manually turn the key in the door to gain access to the car. Luckily, the car will not recognize the key and will not start if it is reprogrammed.

That being said, I can't seem to recall if you can reprogram the car to delete the wallet key from its memory. :dunno:

CPS
09-01-2003, 05:41 PM
BMW leases come with GAP insurance, which will cover the likely gap between your payoff and the amount the insurance company wants to settle for, so you should make out fine in that aspect. Also, once the lease is terminated and paid off, you shoud get the MSD's back. Had you put that money in as a cap cost reduction, you wouldn't be entitled to get it back. Also, your payoff would be much lower, and likely close to the current value of the car, which means in that case, the GAP insurance, and not you, is the winner.

Thanks for the info. While I was aware of the gap insurance/cap cost reduction dynamic, I am still not sure what to expect as a resolution to the theft. Assuming the car is not found--or is totalled--what happens? Do I get a new or similar used car and remain obligated under the lease agreement? Or is the lease terminated?

SARAFIL
09-01-2003, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the info. While I was aware of the gap insurance/cap cost reduction dynamic, I am still not sure what to expect as a resolution to the theft. Assuming the car is not found--or is totalled--what happens? Do I get a new or similar used car and remain obligated under the lease agreement? Or is the lease terminated?

Your lease is for that specific vehicle. If it is deemed a loss, the insurance company will pay BMWFS, and that's that. Your lease is over. You are free to buy/lease a new BMW, or anything else for that matter. The downside is you have to look for and buy another car, and go through the whole process again.

Sean
09-01-2003, 09:20 PM

My 92 E34 525 has this same feature. :thumbup:

Patrick330i
09-01-2003, 11:54 PM
Hey, man, sorry for your loss. A couple of things...

First, don't go entering into a new lease or buy a new car just yet. Your car could appear at any moment and it might not be a total loss. If you haven't already done so, ask your insurance company about this. Tell them you don't want to get stuck holding the bag once your car is found. I assume, but don't know for sure, that once insurance pays off the loss (assuming complete), then you are off the hook unless fraud is involved. If the car appears later, the insurance company will just sell it off to recoup as much money as possible. This is just my guess, so clarification from someone else would be welcome.

Second, don't blame the cops. They have a thankless job and other than stopping murderers, rapists, and kidnappers, local governments want them to collect revenue first and foremost. :tsk: It's bass ackwards if you ask me, but that is another matter.

Third, as to the issue of the little key and the use of hindsight, well, all I can say is that I keep my little key in the house. I never keep it with me or in the car. If someone breaks into my house, they might find the key and then steal the car out of my garage, but they will probably find my regular key chain first and then steal the car out of my garage.

Again, sorry for your loss! :thumbdwn:

LeucX3
09-02-2003, 10:41 AM
Wow, that really does suck. And when my car was left of bricks when my rims were stolen from my carport, the police took the report over the phone as well. I was perfectly calm, probably because i was more dumbfounded more than anything else.

Hope everything works out.

OBS3SSION
09-02-2003, 11:26 AM
Sorry to hear what happened.

As for keeping the spare key in the wallet, what's the difference between that and a woman keeping her keys in her purse?

I had a similar situation, and found how little the police can do, and how bad insurance coverage is. My wife left her purse on the kitchen table, and during the night, someone broke in our back door and took it and a couple other items from the kitchen. We were lucky, because we were home and who knows what could have happened. Plus, they could have walked with much more than they did, but probably was only an opportunity hit and they got too scared to stay for more swag.

Anyway, my wife had a set of keys in her purse. We knew that the thief now had the ability to get into our house at any time, or drive away with our car. The police came and took a report... but honestly, what can they do? Set up roadblocks looking for a purse!? The homeowner's insurance would pay for the items in the purse, but not the consequentials. In other words... my wife and I had to eat the cost of changing 6 deadbolts on the house, but the insurance paid for the new keys. We were also responsible for the keys on the car... which was a fortune (VW switchblade remote keys, plus all the locks would have been over a grand!) Only 1 key would have been covered. We took our chances on the car, since both homeowner's and auto ins. wouldn't cover it. We were lucky.

bluer1
09-02-2003, 12:03 PM
Ironically, I am now driving an E36 325 with this feature. (On loan from my brother). I understand that you can enter the pin to lock up the ignition, which will then demand the pin when you start it up. But you certainly don't need to enter the pin every time. Useful feature if you're parking in a sketchy area, or if you lose your wallet and key!

My truck has the same feature and I've used it many times when parking at the airport long-term. I just pop the hood and stick the coil wire in my suitcase.
:eeps:

Good luck with the insurance company and here's to hoping they never find your car, (since you probably won't want it back in whatever condition they find it in).
:bawling:

FireFly
09-02-2003, 01:35 PM
Man that does suck- the car and all the stuff in your wallet!

My E36 had the same feature- it was great! I could "arm" it and leave for the weekend. My sister would see me Sunday night and say " I think your BMW has a dead battery or something- I tried to borrow it and all it did is go errrrrr....errrrrrrrr.......errrrrrrr"

:) :)

Don't bother thinking your police will solve this crime. I had someone break into my house while I was home. He ran off with a few grand in jewels. The ironic part is I recognized him as being one of the employee's from one of the contractors who built my house.

Found out his name and address and gave it to the police. They were nice enough to inform me that they called the suspect on the phone and he did not want to go to the station to answer questions.

2 years later and 10 or so letters to the chief of police got me squat! I did get 1/2 of the value from my insurance. That was the coverage amount under my regular policy.

I have a rider for the "expensive" pieces but none of them were found/taken by the thief.

Silver
09-02-2003, 02:30 PM
That realy pisses me off!!

Not only do you have material loss but also emotional stress that will last for a long time..

Thet tried to break in my car. It seems here in Europe (especially since more population of the eastern countries are moving to the West) there is a theft wave going on!

Lukily I had a alarm system coimbined with a mechanical block.

The alarm system was not very expensive, it cut the ignition and had a ultra sensor, Kwik detector (when car is lifted certain angle) and voltage drop sensor (when door, trunk opens).
And offcourse a siren/ combined with my blinking lights and horn...

It seems they where already in my car , but had to run because they apperently had no time left for the bypassing of the alarm...

That alarm of about 200$ saved my car!

But I am now more alert with everything in these mathers...

I will bet you will be more alert too..

Best regards,

variable42
09-03-2003, 03:02 PM
Aren't you guys forgetting something? The wallet key can't be used to start the car, correct? Its design is to save you from those moments when you accidentally lock your real key inside the car. So, they've now got access to the car... but in order to start it, they'll need at least an intermediate understanding of stealing cars...

CPS
09-03-2003, 03:11 PM
Aren't you guys forgetting something? The wallet key can't be used to start the car, correct? Its design is to save you from those moments when you accidentally lock your real key inside the car. So, they've now got access to the car... but in order to start it, they'll need at least an intermediate understanding of stealing cars...

If you're right about this, I'd love to know how they started the car. I thought it was next to impossible to hotwire BMWs. As you suggest, it would imply my car was taken by pros, and not by a couple of crackheads, as I initially suspected. I heard a couple of weekks ago that there's an auto theft ring hard at work here in Charlotte.

ayn
09-03-2003, 03:12 PM
i asked that once when i bot my car and my sales guy said the wallet key had a lil chip in it as well to start the car...

tommyd
09-03-2003, 03:15 PM
If you're right about this, I'd love to know how they started the car. I thought it was next to impossible to hotwire BMWs. As you suggest, it would imply my car was taken by pros, and not by a couple of crackheads, as I initially suspected. I heard a couple of weekks ago that there's an auto theft ring hard at work here in Charlotte.

i was told the plastic wallet key "replacement valet key" would start the car... what it wouldn't do was allow access to the glove and trunk...

SARAFIL
09-03-2003, 04:01 PM
i was told the plastic wallet key "replacement valet key" would start the car... what it wouldn't do was allow access to the glove and trunk...

They DO have chips in them, and they WILL start the engine. Anyone that told you otherwise must have been out partying very late the night before and gotten a bit wasted to the point of loosing all memory.

z0mb13
09-03-2003, 04:33 PM
this reminds me to take my valet out from my wallet

Chaaaosss
09-03-2003, 05:18 PM
The plastic key is the valet key. Plain and simple.

Pinecone
09-03-2003, 05:18 PM
I asked about it startin gthe car when we bought our Roadster. The salesman thought it would not, but he tried it. It did start the car.

I have not tried it on the trunk and glove box, but AFIAK only the valet key does not allow access to those, but only if you physicaly lock them with regular key.

Chaaaosss
09-03-2003, 05:20 PM
I asked about it startin gthe car when we bought our Roadster. The salesman thought it would not, but he tried it. It did start the car.

I have not tried it on the trunk and glove box, but AFIAK only the valet key does not allow access to those, but only if you physicaly lock them with regular key.

Actually, it's been my experience that once the valet key has started the car, there's no way to access the trunk. It locks itself. The glove box is another story -- that needs to be locked manually.

CPS
09-03-2003, 06:04 PM
Actually, it's been my experience that once the valet key has started the car, there's no way to access the trunk. It locks itself. The glove box is another story -- that needs to be locked manually.

So either my golf clubs and CD changer are still in the trunk, or they've ripped off the rear seats to get at them.

e46shift
09-04-2003, 09:13 AM
so you couldnt handle your lease payments and conveniently "lost" your wallet which happened to have your key and now the car is gone?

just playing :p :eeps:

MikeW
09-04-2003, 09:15 AM
Obviously this isn't too useful after the fact, but it may be useful to people in the future if they lose a key or have it stolen.

If I remember correctly, the keys are coded individually, and the car is programmed to recognise each key. If you get a new key, the car has to have it's code added to the ECU. It stands to reason that a key code could be removed from the ECU if necessary. So if a key goes missing, it might be worth an ASAP trip to the dealer to have the key removed. It would still open the doors, but the car wouldn't start. If you have the alarm, it probably wouldn't shut that off either.

Of course the thief wouldn't know this. Have the alarm programmed not to shut down when the key is used to open the door. The thief goes to unlock the car, the car starts yelping, you grab your shotgun...

GalBimmer
09-04-2003, 01:33 PM

Gosh I'm sorry - as a fellow Charlottean I really hate to hear that. :(

I know there is a huge car theft ring operating around here - my neighbor was recently carjacked while pumping gas. All this for a stupid Corolla - she just ran away (for which I am very thankful) - they held a gun to her face. Pretty gutsy.

Keep us posted on what happens and good luck.

tommyd
09-05-2003, 04:26 AM
Obviously this isn't too useful after the fact, but it may be useful to people in the future if they lose a key or have it stolen.

If I remember correctly, the keys are coded individually, and the car is programmed to recognise each key. If you get a new key, the car has to have it's code added to the ECU. It stands to reason that a key code could be removed from the ECU if necessary. So if a key goes missing, it might be worth an ASAP trip to the dealer to have the key removed. It would still open the doors, but the car wouldn't start. If you have the alarm, it probably wouldn't shut that off either.

Of course the thief wouldn't know this. Have the alarm programmed not to shut down when the key is used to open the door. The thief goes to unlock the car, the car starts yelping, you grab your shotgun...

I wonder if this is possible:
have the stolen key reprogrammed to let the person IN the car, but locks all doors automatically once it's turned in the ignition... car doesn't start... thief is locked in... alarm alerts you of something amiss...

probably not without some extra tinkering... and you'd probably need the key for reprogramming which defeats the purpose...
:dunno:

i'll chalk up the shotgun comment as 'just an expression'... :angel:

MikeW
09-05-2003, 10:05 AM
... and if BMW ever added a telematics system, it could call the cops to come and pick up the miscreant.

As far as the shotgun comment: Many, many moons ago I lived in a house with a bunch of guys, and we were all very well armed. If we caught someone trying to steal one of our cars, well, remember the end of "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid"
:violent:

'nuff said.

I wonder if this is possible:
have the stolen key reprogrammed to let the person IN the car, but locks all doors automatically once it's turned in the ignition... car doesn't start... thief is locked in... alarm alerts you of something amiss...

probably not without some extra tinkering... and you'd probably need the key for reprogramming which defeats the purpose...
:dunno:

i'll chalk up the shotgun comment as 'just an expression'... :angel:

Silver
09-05-2003, 01:23 PM
Hide a mobile phone in the car...

computurk
09-05-2003, 01:30 PM
One of the worst things could be that you could be a car enthusiast...purchasing the vehicle...wake up in the morning to find your $600 a piece Hamann tires stolen and your car sitting on the bare floor. (Happened to someone I know.)

As for I just purchased a 2004 3.30ci, and someone backed into the front of my car. Bent the license plate frame and broke the chrome grill.

I am lucky it was not the hood or anything, luckily the part only costs $40 bucks...but it has been only 3 weeks I got the car!!!!

**** happens man...I will be keeping my wallet safe for sure b/c I have my spare in there too.

Good luck!

-CompuTurk

FlyingDutchMan
09-05-2003, 08:31 PM
[QUOTE=tgravo2]:yikes:

Maybe they saw your key in the wallet then found your house by looking at your address on your license, and stole the car. That is nuts.

QUOTE]

:rofl: Brilliant deduction, Travis :rofl:

Seriously, that does suck though. As if losing your wallet wasn't bad enough. Sorry to hear that :(

Maybe Travis can get a job with the GTA Unit at the local police station.

Chris330Ci
09-08-2003, 10:04 PM
Sorry to hear this happened in my back yard. :( Since I seem to have missed your initial posts, have you heard any news yet? Did you get your car from Hendrick or somewhere else? Let me know if you're planning to go with another BMW and I'll do whatever I can to help you out. PM me and we can talk more.

CPS
09-22-2003, 06:52 PM
After three long weeks, my car was found today in the parking lot of a sketchy apartment complex. The property manager thought my 330 coupe looked out of place and called the police, who called me. When they did, they said the car was "driveable", which I thought sounded pretty ominous (like an ER doctor saying the good news is your loved one will probably live).

Surprisingly, when I got to the scene the car looked pretty good. It needed a wash, but was otherwise pristine (from what I could see.) Apparently the thief took pride in his new ride. Aside from some missing items (discussed below), the only evidence of tampering I could find was a dislodged ceiling panel (the one that covers the front interior light and sunroof motor). The thief was probably checking out my expertly executed Valentine 1 hardwire install.

After the CSI people dusted for prints, I took it straight to the dealer (Hendricks in Charlotte) to have it checked more thoroughly and get the keys reprogrammed. They were very accommodating and slotted me in immediately. I'll get the full report tomorrow on any hidden damage.

Now here are the funny parts:

1. Several of my radio presets had been changed to R&B and hip-hop stations.
2. The driver and passenger seat backrests were set waaay back (I think its called a "gangsta lean"?)
3. There were suspicious ashes in the ashtray that came from no tobacco product I've encountered. :str8pimpi
4. My precious Valentine 1 was on the floor -- presumably to avoid it being seen and stolen.
5. All my CDs (not to mention my Alpine CD MP3 changer) were still in the trunk. I think this may be because they were well hidden behind the little door on the left side of the trunk, and the thief had no reason to suspect there was a changer there. Or maybe he didn't like my music selection.
6. Missing were my owners manual and the little flashlight that lives in the glovebox -- perhaps a memento from the joyride.
7. Also missing were my golf clubs, which are probably easy to fence. Thankfully, insurance covers them.

If the car checks out OK at the dealer, I'll count my lucky stars. I think its probably rare that auto theft recoveries turn out with this little damage. Unbelieveably, the thief even left me half a tank of gas and replaced my license plate (which he had clearly taken off at some point based on the sloppy job he did putting it back on.)

Thanks to all of you who wrote expressing condolences. It was good to be able to b*tch to people who truly understand car obsession.

Next DIY install: alarm system.

SARAFIL
09-22-2003, 07:42 PM
Surprisingly, when I got to the scene the car looked pretty good. It needed a wash, but was otherwise pristine (from what I could see.) Apparently the thief took pride in his new ride..

Great to hear that! Although, I have an even better one for you to hear: my cousin's Infiniti was stolen from right in front of his restaurant a few months ago, only to be found a week later. The thief took the liberty of detailing the car while he had it. My cousin said it was literally spotless, in far nicer condition than he had left it when it was stolen. :rofl:

The Roadstergal
09-22-2003, 11:26 PM
:D Car found!

:clap:

:thumbup:

Terry Kennedy
09-23-2003, 01:59 AM
Great to hear that! Although, I have an even better one for you to hear: my cousin's Infiniti was stolen from right in front of his restaurant a few months ago, only to be found a week later. The thief took the liberty of detailing the car while he had it. My cousin said it was literally spotless, in far nicer condition than he had left it when it was stolen. :rofl:This seems to be a common theme - take a look at this extract from Hot Times on the High Iron (http://www.railroad.net/articles/columns/hottimes/hottimes_20030827.asp) (a railroad forum):

Then there was the guy using the company truck to drive out to give a train an air test. In order to reach the train this guy was required to park the truck in a questionable neighborhood. There is no choice in the matter of leaving the truck here and it was done routinely in order to give such tests on trains at this location. However, his judgment was slightly askew as he not only left the keys in the truck; he left it running as well. To reach the tail end of this train at this particular location required climbing up the embankment to reach the track where the train was located. And when this guy reached the tail end of the train he was out of visual contact with the truck.

Upon completion of the air test this guy drops back down the embankment and returns to the truck; the same truck he had left running several minutes earlier. To his shock and dismay, the truck was gone. Oh, oh. I would have gladly paid $5 to hear him try to explain what happened to the truck to the company officials.

The police found the truck several days later in the driveway of a home several miles from where it had vanished. The decal featuring the railroad logo was still intact on either side of the truck. Even the original license plates belonging to the railroad were still in place. When the truck was seized and the perpetrator of the crime arrested, it was discovered the truck was actually in better condition than when it was stolen. This alleged truck thief had apparently taken the truck to a shop and had it completely detailed. It was nice and shiny clean with a fresh coat of wax that was buffed to a spectacular shine. The interior had also been thoroughly cleaned as well. This truck had not been so clean since it was new several years earlier. The perpetrator had spent good money to spiffy up the truck he had stolen. Whatta guy. Of course Iím curious as to why he didnít try to have the railroad logo decals removed when he had it detailed. It would not have stood out quite so well when the cops spotted it. Perhaps the thief could get an honorable mention in the Darwin Awards.

Brashland
09-23-2003, 11:12 AM
1. Several of my radio presets had been changed to R&B and hip-hop stations.
2. The driver and passenger seat backrests were set waaay back (I think its called a "gangsta lean"?)
3. There were suspicious ashes in the ashtray that came from no tobacco product I've encountered. :str8pimpi

And this would surprise you how???

Glad to hear that she'll be back home soon and there is little obvious damage so far. :)

jr86
09-22-2004, 11:00 PM
LOL.. yeah, definitely that part is not surprising

Artslinger
09-23-2004, 06:20 AM
I thought BMW discontinued the plastic keys because of this problem and that EVERY thief in NJ would break the window of BMW and check the owners manual for the stupid plastic key. :dunno: