PDA

View Full Version : 2010 750 LI ordered

LovinM6
09-01-2009, 08:33 PM
Thanks to all that helped with some color advise. I finally ordered my 2010 750 LI and hopefully it will be here by the end of the year.

Here are the specs:

Citrin Black
Amaro Brown Leather
Individual Composition
Piano Black Wood Trim
Camera Package
Convenience Package
Driver Assistance Package
Luxury Seating Package
Luxury Rear Seating Package
Premium Sound Package
Rear Entertainment Package
Active Roll Stabilization
Integral Active Steering
Ceramic Controls
Active Cruise Control
Head-up Display
Satellite Radio
Smartphone Integration
Night Vision

Really excited to see the car when it comes in.

A special thanks to Neill for his help with the interior color photo.

XZLR8
09-01-2009, 08:44 PM
Sounds nice! Out of curiosity, what does that Amaro interior look like? You said there's a pic posted somewhere? Are you replacing the M6 or adding to the stable?

LovinM6
09-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Below is the picture Neill sent me of one he got in.

I actually turned in my M6 last month so I am really looking forward to getting this car.

XZLR8
09-01-2009, 09:15 PM
That's pretty... and with black carpets, too... nice!

rgbyhkr
09-02-2009, 05:25 AM
By the end of the year? How long is the lead time? I thought it was only 8-10 weeks on a custom build.

Jeff

LovinM6
09-02-2009, 06:09 PM
My build date is the 2nd week in October so I guess I might actually get it before Thanksgiving.

b7series
09-03-2009, 01:01 AM
I'm ordering my xLI Friday for the end of October delivery. How long are you planning to stay over there?

briansbimmer
09-03-2009, 02:46 AM
LovinM6....I thought xdrive (all wheel drive) was available on the MY2010...am I wrong? And I was wondering...why no M Sport package? Just curious.

LovinM6
09-03-2009, 06:44 AM
I'm ordering my xLI Friday for the end of October delivery. How long are you planning to stay over there?

I am going to have the car delivered to the states.

LovinM6
09-03-2009, 06:52 AM
LovinM6....I thought xdrive (all wheel drive) was available on the MY2010...am I wrong? And I was wondering...why no M Sport package? Just curious.

You can't get the M Sport package with with the Individual Composition. You have to choose one or the other and I felt the Individual Composition would be much nicer.

Also, it does come in xDrive but if you get the xDrive you can't get Integral Active Steering and since I don't use the car in the snow I felt I didn't want to give up the Integral Active Steering.

The M Sport Package vs. the Individual was an easy decision. It took some time to make the decision on the xDrive although I am comfortable I made the right choices. The only other option I did not get was the wood inlays in the steering wheel which come at 9 and 3. I like the all leather steering wheel and feel it is more comfortable.

LovinM6
09-04-2009, 08:40 AM
I saw on this site a BMW printed list of all the options, etc for the 2009. Does anyone have this document for the 2010 7 series?

http://www.bimmerfest.com/pdf/pricing/2009/BMW-my-2009-7-series-pricing.pdf

Thanks.

dm5272
09-04-2009, 10:19 AM
Nice Freaking Order!!! You have amazing taste!!!

It is also identical to my order .. but I have the "old" model.. 2009 F02

Heres a few pics for those that want to know what it would look like from my ED in June of 2009!!!! The car has not arrived yet for redelivery! Should be home soon!

LovinM6
09-04-2009, 12:05 PM
Yes, you do have very good taste. :)

Why it is taking so long for your car to come home?

tdwayne69
09-04-2009, 12:49 PM
Nice Freaking Order!!! You have amazing taste!!!

It is also identical to my order .. but I have the "old" model.. 2009 F02

Heres a few pics for those that want to know what it would look like from my ED in June of 2009!!!! The car has not arrived yet for redelivery! Should be home soon!

Those are some really nice pictures, I forget how beautiful Europe is. Also the car looks great, I love the color choice with the Individual Package.

b7series
09-04-2009, 07:49 PM
I went to the dealer today to work a lease on an ED 750 xli with the following and it didn't seem to work as well as others on this board. Here's what I spec'd out-
Mineral White
upgrade 19" wheels
sat radio
smart phone integ (mandatory)
convenience pkge
cold weather pkge
rear ent pkge
premium sound
dark tinted windows

The shocker was a higher MF than I've seen on this Board at .0022 (vs .0012 for '09) and a 51% residual based on 15K mi, the cap cost came to approx $93,100. The dealer MU started at $4100 but after the big boss came out and I explained that the car doesn't come out of their alocation, they dropped the MU to $3400 which resulted in a lease payment (w/ taxes rolled in) of $1510. Is this a good deal?? :tsk:

LovinM6
09-04-2009, 08:58 PM
I went to the dealer today to work a lease on an ED 750 xli with the following and it didn't seem to work as well as others on this board. Here's what I spec'd out-
Mineral White
upgrade 19" wheels
sat radio
smart phone integ (mandatory)
convenience pkge
cold weather pkge
rear ent pkge
premium sound
dark tinted windows

The shocker was a higher MF than I've seen on this Board at .0022 (vs .0012 for '09) and a 51% residual based on 15K mi, the cap cost came to approx $93,100. The dealer MU started at $4100 but after the big boss came out and I explained that the car doesn't come out of their alocation, they dropped the MU to $3400 which resulted in a lease payment (w/ taxes rolled in) of $1510. Is this a good deal?? :tsk:

How many years is the lease for?

Interesting, I wonder if the rates change by region. My money factor is higher but my residual is also higher.

LovinM6
09-05-2009, 08:53 AM
I found out this morning that 51% is the 3 year residual. Mine is higher because I am doing a 2 year lease. What I don't understand is how you are getting .0022 on the MF as that is supposedly below the cost BMW is offering.

Does anyone have some answers?

b7series
09-06-2009, 08:50 PM
What do you mean by below BMW's cost? At first I didn't believe how high it went up from '09 so he showed me his sheets for both years and it was .0022. He started with a higher MF at .0024 until I told him it was too high and then he brought the sheets out and reduced it. Any info on your end?

What about mileage? Any way that the dealer would negotiate a .20c/ mile rate in advance versus .25 c.

LovinM6
09-06-2009, 09:22 PM
What do you mean by below BMW's cost? At first I didn't believe how high it went up from '09 so he showed me his sheets for both years and it was .0022. He started with a higher MF at .0024 until I told him it was too high and then he brought the sheets out and reduced it. Any info on your end?

What about mileage? Any way that the dealer would negotiate a .20c/ mile rate in advance versus .25 c.

I was told by my CA that the "buy rate" which is the rate that they buy the MF for without any mark-up is .0025.

Since your comment and others, I have asked my CA again to clarify what exactly is the buy rate.

I will let you know what he says.

As far as the mileage, I was unaware that was something that can be negotiated but I am going to ask that as well.

Thanks,

Matthew

hayden
09-07-2009, 12:49 AM

Can't be changed. It's $0.25 per mile on all 7 leases.

The buy rate is the base rate charged by BMWFS. A dealer can mark it up a certain amount. For an '09 in August it was .0009

Not sure what the september numbers are.

jasonrhcastle
09-07-2009, 05:20 AM
You can pre pay miles before, I believe, the last 3 months of your lease for like .16$ per mile. I would not pay anything over until I had to. I will be about 5000 miles over on my M5 when I turn it in, at $.16/mile (unless changed, which I think wouldn't matter since my lease was signed 15 months ago), is only $800. So, not too bad.

J

hayden
09-07-2009, 06:47 AM
You can pre pay miles before, I believe, the last 3 months of your lease for like .16$ per mile. I would not pay anything over until I had to. I will be about 5000 miles over on my M5 when I turn it in, at $.16/mile (unless changed, which I think wouldn't matter since my lease was signed 15 months ago), is only $800. So, not too bad.

J

For the 7 (and only the 7) it is $0.22 /mile if up to 3 months prior. I am planning on doing just that. It actually worked out cheaper for me to do that rather than adjust the lease figures for 15k miles.

LovinM6
09-07-2009, 08:56 AM
For the 7 (and only the 7) it is $0.22 /mile if up to 3 months prior. I am planning on doing just that. It actually worked out cheaper for me to do that rather than adjust the lease figures for 15k miles.

With the difference in lease residuals and mileage costs did anyone figure out the break even point where it pays to pay less monthly and then at the end?

hayden
09-07-2009, 09:13 AM
With the difference in lease residuals and mileage costs did anyone figure out the break even point where it pays to pay less monthly and then at the end?

You'll have to do it based on your own data. Try this: http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm

The finance guy at the dealership was amazed when I told him it was cheaper for me to add it later. He told me I was wrong. I asked him to do the math... he did. Right as he saw the final figures... "oh... it's only because it's a really expensive one that it works out that way."

It may be the ED discount that got me there.

dm5272
09-08-2009, 06:05 AM
Yes, you do have very good taste. :)

Why it is taking so long for your car to come home?

The (2009 7 Series) just came out on late spring of 2009, not even 6 months ago.
I purchased it in May and picked up the car at the factory in June 30, drove it for 2 weeks, and dropped it of in Nice mid July. Now I wait for delivery sometime in Mid Sept.
This is the normal process for an ED.

What I want to know is the difference between the 2009 that was just recently released, and the 2010?

thanks
dm

LovinM6
09-08-2009, 06:18 AM
What I want to know is the difference between the 2009 that was just recently released, and the 2010?

thanks
dm

From what I can tell the only difference is that you can now get Integral Active Steering with the Individual Composition.

There is also a new M Sport Package but you can't get that if you get the Individual Composition.

Also, although not on the new 2010 configurator, when we were ordering the car I saw on the computer an option for wood inlays on the steering wheel at 9 and 3. I didn't order this because I like the all leather steering wheel.

Of course, there is also the new xDrive but again, when you order this you can't get the Integral Active Steering. Being in California, that was an easy choice.

From what I can tell, this is it.

b7series
09-08-2009, 10:29 AM

I did the numbers last week on this question. I wanted to know if choosing a lease rate with 12K mileage and a 53% residual on a 750 xli vs. 15K miles with 51% on a 3 yr lease would work out in my favor later on when I had to pay up for extra miles. At 15K miles/ yr, BMWFS charges 20.19. At .22 cents per mile x the difference of 9000 extra miles over 3 yrs, it better to go with the lower residual.

LovinM6
09-08-2009, 01:30 PM
I did the numbers last week on this question. I wanted to know if choosing a lease rate with 12K mileage and a 53% residual on a 750 xli vs. 15K miles with 51% on a 3 yr lease would work out in my favor later on when I had to pay up for extra miles. At 15K miles/ yr, BMWFS charges 20.19. At .22 cents per mile x the difference of 9000 extra miles over 3 yrs, it better to go with the lower residual.

Thank you very much. I am doing a 2 year lease but I assume the principles would be the same.

LovinM6
09-08-2009, 06:46 PM

I think the pricing is different by region as my buy rate is .0025.

MyFirst750Lxi
09-13-2009, 09:43 AM
I ordered my new 750Li w/ xdrive yesterday. I was told with the individual package, delivery would be approx 3 months. Unfortunately, with an end of year delivery, European delivery is not possible for me. DM5272 i looked at your photos and became very sad this won't be a possibility for me this time.

The car I ordered has Azurite exterior - I struggled between that and the Moonstone metallic. Have any of you seen the Azurite Black in person?

This is what I ordered:

750Li
xDrive
Individual Package
Luxury Seating Package
Premium Sound
Camera Package
Convenience Package
Smartphone
Azurite Black Exterior
Platinum Interior
Dark Red Sycamore

I was going to order the heads up display, however, in the car I test drove, my polarized sunglasses made the display almost impossible to see...

I would be interested in any of your feedback as I have a day or two to make any adjustments.

hayden
09-13-2009, 10:02 AM
I was going to order the heads up display, however, in the car I test drove, my polarized sunglasses made the display almost impossible to see...

Yes, polarized glasses make the display unreadable. I'd recommend changing your sunglasses... the head-up display is that good.

LovinM6
09-13-2009, 10:06 AM
I ordered my new 750Li w/ xdrive yesterday. I was told with the individual package, delivery would be approx 3 months.

3 months seems like a very long time. Are you talking about the time for the car to be sent over the the US as well which is 3 weeks.

When I ordered my car I got a production date only 6 weeks out? I wonder why the difference? Do you have the actual production slot? Could it be that this dealer just does not have a production slot that is closer in?

Good luck with your order. I am sure it will be gorgeous.

LovinM6
09-14-2009, 10:28 PM
My production week just got pushed to week 42. :cry:

b7series
09-16-2009, 06:08 AM
I ordered mine on 9/14 and was shockingly told that the Xli's haven't started production yet in Germany? Anyone hear anything about this yet?:mad:

LovinM6
09-16-2009, 06:13 AM
I ordered mine on 9/14 and was shockingly told that the Xli's haven't started production yet in Germany? Anyone hear anything about this yet?:mad:
Did they give you a production week? I thought every order in 111 status had to have a production week?

BPO22
09-16-2009, 12:29 PM
She is BEAUTIFUL !!!! I love the new 7 Series look !!! I currently own a 5 series myself .. but wow , I LOVE YOUR 7 !!!

MyFirst750Lxi
09-16-2009, 07:05 PM
Yes, polarized glasses make the display unreadable. I'd recommend changing your sunglasses... the head-up display is that good.

I took your recommendation and added the heads up display. They have not given me a production week yet, thought I would give him a few days before I asked. I am assuming the 3 month statement was the outside timeframe. I sure hope!

XZLR8
09-16-2009, 07:23 PM
I took your recommendation and added the heads up display. They have not given me a production week yet, thought I would give him a few days before I asked. I am assuming the 3 month statement was the outside timeframe. I sure hope!
I think you'll be very glad that you ordered HUD. While I share your disappointment regarding polarized sunglasses, I wouldn't be without HUD. If nothing else, having it at night would be worth every penny.

I will mention, though, that the "brightness" can be adjusted. When I am wearing my sunglasses, I turn the brightness way up, which helps.

LovinM6
09-28-2009, 09:24 PM
Does anyone understand how the production week works? My car is scheduled for week 42 production which they are telling me is the first week in October which starts with October 5. When I look on a calendar I seem to get that week 42 starts on October 12.

Can anyone give clarity to this?

Spiroman
09-29-2009, 08:42 AM
Does anyone understand how the production week works? My car is scheduled for week 42 production which they are telling me is the first week in October which starts with October 5. When I look on a calendar I seem to get that week 42 starts on October 12.

Can anyone give clarity to this?

Week 42 is October 12 to 18, but they may have just pulled it forward in production to week 41 or even week 40 (this week) in order to pleasantly surprise you!

Best regards.

Spiroman

LovinM6
09-29-2009, 11:42 AM
Hi there Spiroman,

Thanks for the info.

Also, I noticed you listed in your signature the Executive Package and Technology Package. I was looking to see what those packages were and was unable to find them.

Can you please explain them to me?

Thanks,

Matthew

asaseaban
09-29-2009, 12:15 PM
LovinM6,

The Executive package and Technology package are listed at bmw.co.uk but not at bmwusa.com which means its not available on US models.

Here are the two packages side-by-side. Hopefully Spiroman can tell us more about it.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=203190&d=1254251740

Spiroman
09-29-2009, 01:10 PM
Hi there Spiroman,

Thanks for the info.

Also, I noticed you listed in your signature the Executive Package and Technology Package. I was looking to see what those packages were and was unable to find them.

Can you please explain them to me?

Thanks,

Matthew

Depending on the market, the specs for each package will be slightly different. Here are the Executive and Technology Packages offered in the Canadian market for the 750i and 750Li by BMW Canada Inc. for MY2010:

ZQE Executive Package

316 Automatic Trunk
323 Soft Close Doors
3AG Rear View Camera
415 Electric Rear Sunshade
416 Electric Rear Side Sunshades
453 Ventilated Seats, Front
455 Active Seats, Front
4ND Nappa Leather Upper Instrument Panel Includes leather upper door panels
5DK Side View Camera
610 Head-Up Display
655 SIRIUS Satellite Radio Tuner Includes 1 year subscription to SIRIUS Satellite Radio.

ZQF Technology Package

5AD Lane Departure Warning
5AG Active Blind Spot Detection
5DF Automatic Cruise Control with Stop & Go Includes pre-collision notification
6UK Night Vision with Pedestrian Detection Kidney grille design modified to support infrared camera

Best regards.

Spiroman

asaseaban
09-30-2009, 03:33 AM
I think you'll be very glad that you ordered HUD. While I share your disappointment regarding polarized sunglasses, I wouldn't be without HUD. If nothing else, having it at night would be worth every penny.

I will mention, though, that the "brightness" can be adjusted. When I am wearing my sunglasses, I turn the brightness way up, which helps.

In addition the HUD height can be adjusted as well and I recommend you revisit the dealership and play with the HUD adjustments. Am sure you'll find a setting that suits you.I know without a doubt you won't regret getting the HUD. Yeah! Its that useful and helpful. From experience some CAs don't have indepth knowledge about the new iDrive and HUD...just incase you have a hard time with the HUD adjustment from the iDrive.

LovinM6
10-01-2009, 04:18 PM
Went into status 112 today. Production to start any day! :thumbup:

hayden
10-01-2009, 08:32 PM
Went into status 112 today. Production to start any day! :thumbup:

Awesome... this was the schedule on my F02:

In Production 07/16/2009
Paint Shop 07/20/2009
Assembly 07/22/2009
Completion 07/23/2009
Transported to POE 07/24/2009

LovinM6
10-02-2009, 08:07 AM
Awesome... this was the schedule on my F02:

In Production 07/16/2009
Paint Shop 07/20/2009
Assembly 07/22/2009
Completion 07/23/2009
Transported to POE 07/24/2009

Well, even better news. My car went into production yesterday, October 1st. It says the estimated completion date is October 13th but I assume it will be less than that based upon your schedule. We will see.

Pretty cool! :D

LovinM6
10-02-2009, 08:03 PM
Spiroman,

What is the deal with your car? Has it left the port?

Regards,

Matthew

Spiroman
10-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Spiroman,

What is the deal with your car? Has it left the port?

Regards,

Matthew

Just waiting to be loaded on the next ship out of Bremerhaven - then on to Halifax and another couple of weeks of waiting...

Best regards.

Spiroman

LovinM6
10-07-2009, 07:19 AM
I entered the Body Shop yesterday and got my VIN.

Getting closer to getting my car. Scheduled completion is for the 12th.

Hopefully a little sooner but we shall see.

LovinM6
10-08-2009, 06:26 AM
...and the paint shop today. :)

LovinM6
10-09-2009, 06:16 AM
Rolling right along down that production line. 153 today, Assembly Started. :D

LovinM6
10-09-2009, 06:48 AM
I ordered my new 750Li w/ xdrive yesterday. I was told with the individual package, delivery would be approx 3 months. Unfortunately, with an end of year delivery, European delivery is not possible for me.

Any update on your delivery times?

CT7er
10-12-2009, 09:48 AM
Rolling right along down that production line. 153 today, Assembly Started. :D

How soon after your order did you receive a production date, and did that coincide with 112 status (production scheduled)?

LovinM6
10-12-2009, 09:52 AM
How soon after your order did you receive a production date, and did that coincide with 112 status (production scheduled)?

When my order was accepted, 111 they had a production week. About a few weeks later it went to 112 which was when the actual production date was set. It went into production within a few days of going to 112.

Hope this helps.

CT7er
10-12-2009, 09:57 AM
When my order was accepted, 111 they had a production week. About a few weeks later it went to 112 which was when the actual production date was set. It went into production within a few days of going to 112.

Hope this helps.

The reason for my question is that I reached 112 in the middle of last week (about two weeks after the order went in) and I have been informed only by my CA that the production week is THIS week. BMW NA indicates that no production date has been set, even though the car is at 112. Does that make any sense to you based on your experience? Many thanks for the help.

LovinM6
10-12-2009, 10:12 AM
The reason for my question is that I reached 112 in the middle of last week (about two weeks after the order went in) and I have been informed only by my CA that the production week is THIS week. BMW NA indicates that no production date has been set, even though the car is at 112. Does that make any sense to you based on your experience? Many thanks for the help.

Based upon everything I know and have experienced and from what you are saying suggests to me that you car is going into production any day.

CT7er
10-12-2009, 10:26 AM
Based upon everything I know and have experienced and from what you are saying suggests to me that you car is going into production any day.

Wow. That would be spectacularly fast by comparison to other BMWs I have purchased. My guess is that their initial estimates on scheduling may be influenced, in part, by internal projections about demand for a given period based on past years (with higher sales numbers), not just existing orders for the period. Basically, the cars may not be selling as fast as they had hoped. Thanks again for the insight.

LovinM6
10-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Wow. That would be spectacularly fast by comparison to other BMWs I have purchased. My guess is that their initial estimates on scheduling may be influenced, in part, by internal projections about demand for a given period based on past years (with higher sales numbers), not just existing orders for the period. Basically, the cars may not be selling as fast as they had hoped. Thanks again for the insight.

I hope I am right. I can only go by what happened to me and what my CA told me. I was told that once you go into 112 production starts very soon. That is what happened to me. I hope you go into production soon.

My production was done today. Hopefully off to the port soon.

CT7er
10-12-2009, 11:32 AM
I hope I am right. I can only go by what happened to me and what my CA told me. I was told that once you go into 112 production starts very soon. That is what happened to me. I hope you go into production soon.

My production was done today. Hopefully off to the port soon.

Sounds great. Have fun tracking the progress of your new baby!

LovinM6
10-14-2009, 09:22 AM
Well, my dealer said the car was finished and in status 155 with a production completion date of the 12th. It has been sitting there since the 12th and today the changed the completion date to the 16th.

Ouch, what is wrong with my car? :dunno:

Whatever it is, at least they caught it in Germany.

CT7er
10-14-2009, 10:40 AM
Well, my dealer said the car was finished and in status 155 with a production completion date of the 12th. It has been sitting there since the 12th and today the changed the completion date to the 16th.

Ouch, what is wrong with my car? :dunno:

Whatever it is, at least they caught it in Germany.

Again, I assume the delay is because of the emissions system issues (cited on other posts). My car has been at 112 (Production Scheduled) for over 2 weeks now without a production date. I expect it is because of the same thing. Oh well.

LovinM6
10-14-2009, 10:06 PM
I spoke to my Sales Manager today and he said that they have a 7 series at the port since the 28th of last month so I am sure there is a problem.

Hopefully, given that my completion date is now the 16th would give hope that maybe they have this issue resolved and everyone can start to take delivery of their cars.

Let's hope so. :confused:

LovinM6
10-15-2009, 09:18 PM
It has been fixed...on the way to the port. Hope the timing with the ship works and we are not sitting there for a while!

CT7er
10-15-2009, 11:10 PM
It has been fixed...on the way to the port. Hope the timing with the ship works and we are not sitting there for a while!

Did your Sales Manager tell you the problem had been fixed, or did you find out some other way? Just curious.

LovinM6
10-16-2009, 06:09 AM
Did your Sales Manager tell you the problem had been fixed, or did you find out some other way? Just curious.

I apologize for any confusion. I made an assumption and am not even sure if it was the emission control.

My car was done, then they changed the production completion date to a later date and then yesterday it was released to the carrier. Those facts lead me to make the assumption that they had found "something" and then fixed it.

I really, in fact, have no real knowledge as to what the problem was.

Again, sorry for the confusion.

CT7er
10-16-2009, 11:58 AM
I apologize for any confusion. I made an assumption and am not even sure if it was the emission control.

My car was done, then they changed the production completion date to a later date and then yesterday it was released to the carrier. Those facts lead me to make the assumption that they had found "something" and then fixed it.

I really, in fact, have no real knowledge as to what the problem was.

Again, sorry for the confusion.

I remember having read elsewhere on this forum that they encountered a "leak" in the emisisons control system, but I too have no independent knowledge of the specific problem except that BMW NA admitted to me today that there was some kind of emissions issue -- just not a "problem", according to them. I doubt we will ever really know what happened in the end.

LovinM6
10-16-2009, 12:57 PM
I remember having read elsewhere on this forum that they encountered a "leak" in the emisisons control system, but I too have no independent knowledge of the specific problem except that BMW NA admitted to me today that there was some kind of emissions issue -- just not a "problem", according to them. I doubt we will ever really know what happened in the end.

I suspect the problem is fixed because my CA just informed me that a 7 series car they had sitting at the port here in Oxnard since the 28th of last month was also released yesterday. My guess is this car being released yesterday as well as my car would be a strong indication the problem has been resolved.

LovinM6
10-22-2009, 02:22 PM
Here is where a little patience always pays off. :rolleyes:

Does anyone know the approximate amount of time a car hangs out at the port in Germany on 193 status before it gets on a ship?

I am a little paranoid about this because my M6 was lost for 30 plus days at this point.

2010Racer
10-22-2009, 08:02 PM
Just got word from my dealer that my 2010 Lxi will be here in about 4 days. It was also stuck in NJ or NY somewhere.....Will post pics when I can!

CT7er
10-23-2009, 09:01 AM
Here is where a little patience always pays off. :rolleyes:

Does anyone know the approximate amount of time a car hangs out at the port in Germany on 193 status before it gets on a ship?

I am a little paranoid about this because my M6 was lost for 30 plus days at this point.

I understand that the car would normally not be held at the port of exit for more than a week.

LovinM6
10-23-2009, 09:35 AM
I understand that the car would normally not be held at the port of exit for more than a week.

Well then that is what I am going to give it. We are about half way there. After that, it is on the phone to my CA to contact Germany. I am going to speak up this time and not sit there like last time while my M6 got lost for over 30 days.

I am sure we are going to be fine.

LovinM6
10-27-2009, 04:34 PM
Finally, she is on the water. Left yesterday on the Grand Dahlia. Scheduled to arrive in California on November 21st.

On a nice new pretty ship built in 2008. Wonder where on the ship my car is? Given the location it can take a day or up to three to get the car off.

Should have her soon now. Very excited! :thumbup:

bruno787
10-27-2009, 09:33 PM
nah...the drivers at the pier, drive new cars off the ship like crazy........yours should be flying out the ship's ramp in a few hours. :)

LovinM6
10-27-2009, 10:44 PM
nah...the drivers at the pier, drive new cars off the ship like crazy........yours should be flying out the ship's ramp in a few hours. :)

Well, the guy that told me this was a Mercedes guy when I was getting a new SL several years back so maybe he was just stalling for time.

What do those Mercedes guys know anyway! :rofl:

hayden
10-28-2009, 08:17 AM
Given the location it can take a day or up to three to get the car off.

Besides Bremerhaven these ships are rarely in port for more than 12 hours to load/unload.

LovinM6
10-29-2009, 09:02 PM
...so I have been tracking my car as it starts to go across the Atlantic Ocean and everything is going great.

Then tonight I notice this and I say to myself what happened to my poor car? What would cause a ship to do this? A large storm?

Hope my car is in good shape. :eek:

esk
10-30-2009, 11:45 AM
...so I have been tracking my car as it starts to go across the Atlantic Ocean and everything is going great.

Then tonight I notice this and I say to myself what happened to my poor car? What would cause a ship to do this? A large storm?

Hope my car is in good shape. :eek:

Perhaps the capt of the ship was performing a "crazy Ivan" like in the Hunt for Red October! :D

LovinM6
10-30-2009, 11:58 AM
Perhaps the capt of the ship was performing a "crazy Ivan" like in the Hunt for Red October! :D

Maybe they forgot my car and were going to go back to get it and then said "screw it." :mad:

:rofl:

graeboy
10-30-2009, 01:06 PM
Lovin M6 your car came up at my dealership when we were searching for 7 series individuals on their way over here. Imagine your dealer called you and asked you if you still want he car. I noticed though you didnt go for any of the rear seat stuff. Why iss that?

LovinM6
10-30-2009, 01:35 PM
Lovin M6 your car came up at my dealership when we were searching for 7 series individuals on their way over here. Imagine your dealer called you and asked you if you still want he car. I noticed though you didnt go for any of the rear seat stuff. Why iss that?

I have every option there is which of course includes all the rear seat stuff.

My dealer never called me so I am not sure if your dealer ever called them.

graeboy
10-30-2009, 03:21 PM
well we are getting the same car the only differences are mine is 2wd, oyster leather, no auto cruise control, and no smartphone integration

LovinM6
10-30-2009, 07:54 PM
well we are getting the same car the only differences are mine is 2wd, oyster leather, no auto cruise control, and no smartphone integration

Mine is also 2WD because I did not want to give up the integral active steering and in California there is just no need for 4WD

graeboy
10-30-2009, 08:11 PM
for whatever reason my car isnt equipped with active steering but only active roll stabilization. That has been a bummer for me but is active steering worth waiting 2+ months for. In your opinion how will the cars ride differently. Am i making a big mistake? :dunno: By the way we both have M6's now i have a 2008 convertible and hate it the smg transmission is something from hell in my opinion. Want to give up your car? lol

LovinM6
10-30-2009, 09:07 PM
for whatever reason my car isnt equipped with active steering but only active roll stabilization. That has been a bummer for me but is active steering worth waiting 2+ months for. In your opinion how will the cars ride differently. Am i making a big mistake? :dunno: By the way we both have M6's now i have a 2008 convertible and hate it the smg transmission is something from hell in my opinion. Want to give up your car? lol

It is really difficult for me to answer for anyone other than myself but I don't think I would buy the car. When I was deciding whether or not to get 4WD my CA advised against it explaining to me that integral active steering was one of the main features of the new 7 series and that it did make a difference in the handling of the car and was something unique.

I have no idea whether or not any of this is true but I bought it. It is easy for me to say I would not buy it because I have a car coming with it which makes it really unfair for me to comment or to have my opinion count.

If you really want a car, right now, then buy it. It all depends on your level of patience. I certainly understand where you are coming from as I went through this when deciding whether to get a 2009 or 2010. I waited and I am happy I did.

Do I want to give up my car? I bet you knew that answer when you asked. Sorry I could not be more helpful. Good luck with your decision.

graeboy
10-30-2009, 11:03 PM
Ever since i was a little kid when I decided I wanted something I never wanted to wait :mad:. My parents described it as the nowsees. I am the same way could I special order one and wait sure. I did but when they said December production January delivery I just couldn't stand it. I had two cars the 2008 M6 I mentioned and a 2007 S600 Benz. The Benz went back and now I have been driving the M6 all the time, I hate it as an everyday driver in my opinion. I figured stupidly that once the benz went back I would be able to walk into my bmw dealer and get a car just the way I wanted it. As far as cars go first of all I have had BMW's, Lexus's, and Benz's and as I'm sure well agree Bmw's are by far the best. I preferred my father's 2008 750I over my S600. As far as Active steering goes of course I wish the car had it. I haven't driven one with it or without but have read a ton of reviews and everybody seems to love it. But my options are limited I have tortured my dealer to look at every car coming in from coast to coast and all have some give and take none of them are the way I would have ordered the car. This car seams to have the most options I want. First its Citrin Black my first choice, Oyster my first choice, Piano wood my first choice, it has every option I want except active steering, smart phone integration, and active cruise. Now the only one that is really bothering me is the active steering. The cruise control I would have liked I had it in my benz and it is great but the trade off is it drives radar detectors nuts and I like to custom install a Valentine 1. The smart-phone integration I still am not sure what it does hopefully you can help me. It is my understanding and please correct me if I am wrong is that I can still buy a Iphone snap in adapter and charge the phone the only thing I cant do is control the Iphones music from the car. That is fine because I have a Ipod classic that I use for music. The only other choice was X Drive or no X Drive in the end I probably wouldn't have gotten it anyway. The sacrifice in performance isn't worth it and I live in new york city it rarely snows and when it does I have access to a suv. Also lets face it a 750lxi with 20 inch individual rims with performance tires probably isn't actually so great in snow anyway. So in the end my choice was to wait till January or do without active steering. I chose to get the car, will I regret it I don't know there is always swap-a-lease. :dunno:

Please if you can or anyone please help me with my smartphone question?

LovinM6
11-21-2009, 04:03 PM
So, my car is due to arrive in Port Hueneme tomorrow, Sunday. Now if only I could get it before the holidays. It is going to take a lot of pleading. :yikes:

What I don't understand and was wondering if anyone knew is why the ship docked at San Diego as well as Long Beach before coming into Port Hueneme? Seems like a lot of stops so close to each other.

Also, does anyone know if they will unload on Sunday? It arrived at around 10:20 AM.

Thanks and Happy Holidays to all.

Matthew

CT7er
11-22-2009, 10:56 AM
My car is also due in today in New York (actually, the port of Bayonne, NJ). It will go to the VPC on Monday and then hopefully can be at my dealer by Wednesday. Otherwise, with the holiday intervening, I won't be able to take delivery until Monday, 11/30. It seems to be coming over in record time -- 10 days on the water, direct from Bremerhaven to New York. I guess it just happened to make it on the right ship without any of the usual ports in between. Good luck with your delivery. It's been a long wait.

LovinM6
11-22-2009, 11:15 PM
Well, the Grand Dahlia has left this evening for Japan so my car is on US soil.

Phone calls tomorrow to try to get my car delivered in a day or two. I suppose it won't be easy but maybe the VPC is in a holiday mood.

It has been a long wait but we are close to the finish line.

Here is to hoping! :thumbup:

rgbyhkr
11-23-2009, 06:51 AM
My car is also due in today in New York (actually, the port of Bayonne, NJ). It will go to the VPC on Monday and then hopefully can be at my dealer by Wednesday. Otherwise, with the holiday intervening, I won't be able to take delivery until Monday, 11/30. It seems to be coming over in record time -- 10 days on the water, direct from Bremerhaven to New York. I guess it just happened to make it on the right ship without any of the usual ports in between. Good luck with your delivery. It's been a long wait.

I think ours may be on the same ship - WW MANON. Mine is due into port at Brunswick, GA on 11/25. My current lease is up on 12/14 though, so I probably won't take delivery until then. At least the timing worked out so the car came in before my lease term end. I'm very much looking forward to it!

Jeff

CT7er
11-23-2009, 02:11 PM
I think ours may be on the same ship - WW MANON. Mine is due into port at Brunswick, GA on 11/25. My current lease is up on 12/14 though, so I probably won't take delivery until then. At least the timing worked out so the car came in before my lease term end. I'm very much looking forward to it!

Jeff

Actually, mine came in on the Hoegh Trove (not a W&W ship, which is more common). The ship left Bremerhaven on 11/13 and arrived NY in the evening on 11/22. I understand they are using all available carriers this time of year. As I recall, the Manon left on 11/10, but ported at Zeebrugge, Southampton and Halifax before hitting NY late on 11/21 or early 11/22.

The Hoegh Trove was a direct itinerary to NY as the first port. At least you beat the end of your lease term. I needed to extend for a month because they didn't have the MY2010 pricing when I first wanted to order. Good luck with your delivery.

LovinM6
11-23-2009, 08:10 PM
Good news by one half. My car was released to the carrier today but the arrive date is Friday. :(

Trying to see what can be done to get the car delivered tomorrow... :yikes:

BMW_F1
11-23-2009, 09:14 PM
Good news by one half. My car was released to the carrier today but the arrive date is Friday. :(

Which dealer in the Bay Area are you using?

LovinM6
11-23-2009, 09:17 PM
East Bay BMW in Pleasanton.

They have been a great dealer to work with over the years. They really care and try to make it happen. :thumbup:

CT7er
11-24-2009, 05:08 AM

Same deal with my delivery -- the car will reach the dealer Friday, so I can't take delivery until Saturday. I can't wait to see that Citrin Black paint. I expect you're feeling the same.

LovinM6
11-24-2009, 05:37 AM
Same deal with my delivery -- the car will reach the dealer Friday, so I can't take delivery until Saturday. I can't wait to see that Citrin Black paint. I expect you're feeling the same.

Yup, I am right there with you!

LovinM6
11-24-2009, 03:50 PM
Latest update:

In transport to the dealer and will be arriving Wednesday. Let's hope for an early morning delivery so we have time to PDI before the holidays.

East Bay BMW has been great!

Pictures coming shortly. :)

asaseaban
11-24-2009, 04:32 PM
Latest update:

In transport to the dealer and will be arriving Wednesday. Let's hope for an early morning delivery so we have time to PDI before the holidays.

East Bay BMW has been great!

Pictures coming shortly. :)

That's good news to hear. Can't wait to see pictures.

LovinM6
11-25-2009, 01:15 PM
Final Car update:

I am picking my car up this evening at 5:00 PM.

I went over to the dealer just a while ago to take a quick look and I can tell you that this car is incredibly absolutely gorgeous. :thumbup:

The Citrin Black is an amazing color and the Amaro Brown is gorgeous with it. The alcantara roof liner in the Amaro is particulary beautiful. :thumbup:

Words really can't express how nice this car looks.

I am one excited person. With how the car turned out, the $2,500 price reduction and the lowered money factor rates for this month, BMW is my best friend.

Life is good! :)

LovinM6
11-26-2009, 09:33 AM
Car is great. More pictures to follow when the lighting conditions are better.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=209910&stc=1&d=1259256455

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=209911&stc=1&d=1259256455

LovinM6
11-26-2009, 10:40 AM
Some more quick pictures.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=209929&stc=1&d=1259260064

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=209930&stc=1&d=1259260064

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=209931&stc=1&d=1259260064

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=209932&stc=1&d=1259260064

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=209933&stc=1&d=1259260064

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=209934&stc=1&d=1259260064

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=209935&stc=1&d=1259260104

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=209936&stc=1&d=1259260451

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=209937&stc=1&d=1259260451

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=209938&stc=1&d=1259260451

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=209939&stc=1&d=1259260451

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=209940&stc=1&d=1259260451

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=209941&stc=1&d=1259260451

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=209942&stc=1&d=1259260451

asaseaban
11-26-2009, 02:37 PM
Coooool! The car look SEXY and the interior color combination looks great. I can imagine your joy. What navigation version do you have?

LovinM6
11-26-2009, 09:23 PM
what navigation version do you have?

asaseaban
11-27-2009, 12:11 AM

Ok. Thanks.

graeboy
11-27-2009, 08:18 AM
Congrats on the car I know its been along time coming. It looks great enjoy it.

Ps. great garages to keep her in:)

MyFirst750Lxi
11-28-2009, 06:47 AM
Any update on your delivery times?

Scheduled to arrive the US via the Caribbean Highway on December 2nd. I should have it in my driveway the following week.

LovinM6
11-29-2009, 02:28 PM
Now that I have had a chance to really look at the Citrin Black color with and without sunlight I have some thoughts which, of course, are only my opinion.

Citrin Black is not black. It is really a very deep brown that looks black absent enough light but in the sunlight it is surely dark brown. This, given my interior color choice was very good news for me. :thumbup:

My previous NM M6 was Ruby Black which when in the sunlight was black with redish flecks. Such is not the case with Citrin Black. Someone had explained the Citrin color to me as Black with gold flecks. I don't beleive this to be correct. In the sun the car is dark brown with gold flecks. Out of the sun it appears black because you don't see the flecks and the brown is so dark.

The color is truly gorgeous. I am very happy with it but I wanted to point this out to others in case they are truly looking for a black car.

Again, this is only my opinion. Others may disagree so before making your decision about Citrin Black be sure to check with others.

On another note, I have seen several pictures of the Amaro Brown interior which all have looked to have "orange" in the color. Such is not the case but it is difficult to get the camera to accurately show the true color. Amaro Brown is truly a medium brown color and does not look orange but like others, the pictures do not show this nor do they do the color any justice. It too, is absolutely gorgeous.

Sting
11-29-2009, 06:09 PM
I love your car. I ordered an Individual 650i in the Citrin Black. The way you explain the color is the way it was explained too me. I looked at the lil color square they had at the dealership but the GM who actually saw it in person said it does the color no justice. I think your car is super fine!!!