PDA

View Full Version : TIS question

Parrain
09-02-2003, 06:08 AM
Hi all,

I'm new here, so first I want to say that this looks like a really great board and I've already found a lot of info - so thanks to all you contributors out there. 2nd, man I really feel for that guy that got his 330 stolen. Just last night a group of people were checking out my car, however, my neighbor thwarted their plans when he went out for a smoke late at night and ran them off. He called the cops; thankfully everything went smoothly.

Well, nuff rambling here's my question:

I want to buy the TIS from central letter, but I read (did a search) that the EBA is the thing you want for install instructions and general repair info. What is the EBA and if the above is true, what then is the TIS?

gfeiner
09-02-2003, 08:41 AM
Hi all,

I'm new here, so first I want to say that this looks like a really great board and I've already found a lot of info - so thanks to all you contributors out there. 2nd, man I really feel for that guy that got his 330 stolen. Just last night a group of people were checking out my car, however, my neighbor thwarted their plans when he went out for a smoke late at night and ran them off. He called the cops; thankfully everything went smoothly.

Well, nuff rambling here's my question:

I want to buy the TIS from central letter, but I read (did a search) that the EBA is the thing you want for install instructions and general repair info. What is the EBA and if the above is true, what then is the TIS?

FYI:

Don't know about the EBA, but I emailed Central Letter about the TIS. The latest version they have is December 2002 and won't be getting any newer versions. According to info posted elsewhere, the latest cars the December 2002 TIS has is sept & oct production 2003's.

The HACK
09-02-2003, 10:15 AM
TIS is what you want for repair instructions, and EBA is what you want for install instructions. TIS actually has a more comprehensive list of repair/removal/installation instructions than the EBA, but the EBA has all the accessory install instructions not present on the TIS.

Parrain
09-03-2003, 05:49 AM
Thanks for the info.

Does anyone know if the EBA is for sale too, and also, did Central letter stop updating the TIS because it isn't going to be for sale anymore?

The HACK
09-03-2003, 10:02 AM
The very last TIS released on a CD was the December 2002 edition. From then on all TIS material and information is distributed via web on a subscription basis.

Kaz
09-03-2003, 10:09 AM
The EBA should be available from dealers. I got mine early this year for ten bucks.