PDA

View Full Version : My 330i now has 235 HP... and not a ZHP!

OBS3SSION
09-02-2003, 06:08 AM
;) Twilight got a 10 HP boost this weekend, thanks to our friends at performanceIX! One on each rear quarter window... worth 5 HP each. :rofl:

http://users.murtari.com/ejack/Vintage-BFE/Vintage-BFE%20086.jpg

I think it looks great, and actually compliments the car. Probably the only stickers that will ever grace her.

wmndriver
09-02-2003, 06:36 AM
Can you post another picture where the color of the car is more visible? It looks really beautiful!

OBS3SSION
09-02-2003, 08:27 AM
Here's Twilight at BFE... Tourmaline Violet is one of those colors that looks completely different depending on the light, your angle, etc. And the camera does a lousy job of getting the true color.

http://users.murtari.com/ejack/Vintage-BFE/Vintage-BFE%20085.jpg

Andy
09-02-2003, 08:32 AM
What color is your car, Twilight? That's not a factory (US) color. Did you have your car painted, or did you purchase it in another country? Either way it looks really good. :thumbup:

tgravo2
09-02-2003, 10:10 AM
I also put my stickers on the same place after I washed it yesterday. I think they look great on the rear quarters, and I too will only put these stickers on the car. They are subtle and I agree complement the car. :thumbup:

tgravo2
09-02-2003, 10:19 AM
I just went take a couple of pics :thumbup:

I also put a 3rd sticker on the back of the car as shown :)

LeucX3
09-02-2003, 10:36 AM

Dang Travis, is that rear tint dark enough? Just what are you doing back there anyway? :flush:

PABS
09-02-2003, 10:54 AM
Ok...where did the 10hp come from...

OBS3SSION
09-02-2003, 11:04 AM
What color is your car, Twilight? That's not a factory (US) color. Did you have your car painted, or did you purchase it in another country? Either way it looks really good. :thumbup:

Twilight is the car's name. Yeah, I know... some people think that's a little over the top, but I like naming my cars. The color is Tourmaline Violet, and it is indeed a factory BMW color. It used to be available on the US 7ers, but not the 3ers. However, it was a color available in other countries on the 3ers, such as Canada. When I ordered my car, I asked if I could have that color. There was some speculation of having to pay $2000+ for a special (individual) color, but as it turns out, BMW NA allowed me to have the color for only the regular metallic paint charge. Now the color has been discontinued altogether in all countries... and I'm that much happier knowing my car is truly unique (at least in the US.)

The Roadstergal
09-02-2003, 11:05 AM
STICKERS!

Type R will give ya another 10, Eric. :)

OBS3SSION
09-02-2003, 11:05 AM

I was thinking of putting my 3rd sticker there as well, but as of this moment I'm still undecided.

OBS3SSION
09-02-2003, 11:06 AM

5 HP per sticker. It's common knowledge that stickers add HP to a car... or at least it is over on the Honda boards. ;) :rofl: I think bigger and/or yellow stickers add more HP. :thumbup:

PABS
09-02-2003, 11:09 AM
Well I guess I'll never get an HP boost then since I do not allow any stickers of any kind on my car...I'll have to do it the old fashion way..

even had an argument when the dealer wanted to put their name on the car...I said no sticker or no sale you choose

LeucX3
09-02-2003, 11:10 AM
I've heard badging gets you more hp as well. Can anyone run a dyno on this to verify?

OBS3SSION
09-02-2003, 11:30 AM
I've heard badging gets you more hp as well. Can anyone run a dyno on this to verify?

I was thinking of putting this badge on my car...

"BMW S330iTT DINAN TYPE R/T SS RACING GT SPORT"

...but I don't think my trunk is wide enough! :cry: :rofl:

tommyd
09-03-2003, 12:19 PM
I never noticed the color really on your sig... but man those pics really show it off!
veeeeeeeeery nice!!!!!

i have to admit, the color options on standard 3-er's leaves a little to be desired these days...

z0mb13
09-03-2003, 04:34 PM
I never noticed the color really on your sig... but man those pics really show it off!
veeeeeeeeery nice!!!!!

i have to admit, the color options on standard 3-er's leaves a little to be desired these days...

I have a 2 foot wing that adds 500 hp!!

I WIN!! :rofl:

tgravo2
09-03-2003, 05:10 PM
Dang Travis, is that rear tint dark enough? Just what are you doing back there anyway? :flush:

It's 5% and I don't do anything to mess up the seats :eeps:

tgravo2
09-03-2003, 05:11 PM
If I put all of my sitckers on my car. I would be right up there with a ZHP :eeps: :D

computurk
09-05-2003, 01:41 PM
What is ZHP by the way?

Alex Baumann
09-05-2003, 03:24 PM
Purple car owners, Unite ! :str8pimpi

SARAFIL
09-05-2003, 03:40 PM
Purple car owners, Unite ! :str8pimpi

Assuming you have both cars with you, could you manage to take a picture of the two Baumann Barney cars for all to see? I'd like to see how Tourmaline compares to Mora. :thumbup:

BTW-- You know what they say about guys that have two purple cars, don't you?

Alex Baumann
09-05-2003, 03:50 PM
Assuming you have both cars with you, could you manage to take a picture of the two Baumann Barney cars for all to see? I'd like to see how Tourmaline compares to Mora. :thumbup:

BTW-- You know what they say about guys that have two purple cars, don't you?

Hey that's a cool idea. I'll take a couple of pics, since the weather is still great here. One thing I must mention (and I'm sure Obsession knows that very well) that Tourmaline Violett have very similar color properties to those of individual colors. As I said before, if you want to take pictures of a car with individual paint, it must definitely be under the sun. No sun, no fun ;)

As for the second part of your question, it has been said and written thousand times, yes, I know :eeps: :D

M3_413
09-05-2003, 04:00 PM
OBS3SSION, in the second picture you posted when you can see the whole car, was that taken at Lime Rock?
EDIT: O yeah, I like the E30 M3 next to it :thumbup:

OBS3SSION
09-08-2003, 06:36 AM
OBS3SSION, in the second picture you posted when you can see the whole car, was that taken at Lime Rock?
EDIT: O yeah, I like the E30 M3 next to it :thumbup:

Yes, that was at Bimmerfest East at Lime Rock. Nice track in a beautiful area.

And... so did a lot of other people (really liked that M3.) Oh, and the M coupe in the reflection... I understand that was formerly owned by Ron Steigar (sp?) and the current owner is a member here, I think.

AF
09-08-2003, 07:32 PM
Wow !!! You really are the MOD king !!!

Can you tell me how you like your car with that incredible mod . . . I was thinking of doing it myself but was worried I might be over-modding my car ;):p:rofl::rofl:

Chris330Ci
09-08-2003, 08:17 PM
I was thinking of putting this badge on my car...

"BMW S330iTT DINAN TYPE R/T SS RACING GT SPORT"

...but I don't think my trunk is wide enough! :cry: :rofl:

Wait! You forgot to add the king daddy of all badge mods...the M badge. Worth at least 50hp... :rofl: :eek:

OBS3SSION
09-09-2003, 06:10 AM
Wait! You forgot to add the king daddy of all badge mods...the M badge. Worth at least 50hp... :rofl: :eek:

Well... I wouldn't want to look like a poser having an "M" badge on a non-M car. :rolleyes: :bustingup

OBS3SSION
09-09-2003, 06:14 AM
Wow !!! You really are the MOD king !!!

Can you tell me how you like your car with that incredible mod . . . I was thinking of doing it myself but was worried I might be over-modding my car ;):p:rofl::rofl:

Well, I think I might need to de-mod soon. With the stickers, I'm tired of having to beat all these supercars off of every stop light. It get's boring winning all the time. Like what am I going to do with a pink slip for yet another GT3? Sheesh... and all these boy racers wanting my autograph. :eeps:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

M3_413
09-13-2003, 06:59 PM
Yes, that was at Bimmerfest East at Lime Rock. Nice track in a beautiful area.

And... so did a lot of other people (really liked that M3.) Oh, and the M coupe in the reflection... I understand that was formerly owned by Ron Steigar (sp?) and the current owner is a member here, I think.

That weekend was a blast. The M1's were so incredible a lot of amazing cars. So much fun I can't wait for next year!

SARAFIL
09-13-2003, 07:31 PM
That weekend was a blast. The M1's were so incredible a lot of amazing cars. So much fun I can't wait for next year!

Sorry to go on topic again, but my car will have a 65hp increase from stock soon! ;) I got one a few weeks ago from Ryan330i, and the good ol' folks that run this site sent me a dozen in the mail. I don't even know where to put them!!

OBS3SSION
09-15-2003, 06:02 AM
Sorry to go on topic again, but my car will have a 65hp increase from stock soon! ;) I got one a few weeks ago from Ryan330i, and the good ol' folks that run this site sent me a dozen in the mail. I don't even know where to put them!!

"Proper Sticker Placement" would dictate that you place them anywhere that looks ridiculous, or that will block your vision while driving. May I suggest one across your gauge cluster, one in the middle of the windshield, one on each head and tail light, etc... ;) :rofl: