PDA

View Full Version : Disabling the headlight washer

Andy
09-02-2003, 10:39 AM
Does anyone know how to disable the headlight washer that comes with the Cold Weather Package? I would like to be able to wash the windshield without the headlight washing system coming on. Actually, I would prefer to add another switch that would turn the headlight washer on separate from the windshield washer.

There is nothing more frustrating, then having a clean car, turn on the windshield washer to clean off a bug and have the headlight washing system spray your entire car. :mad:

Thanks,
Andy

LeucX3
09-02-2003, 10:43 AM
I don't have an answer, but that does make sense. Kinda like another button or something like for fogs would do the trick. I'm sure BMW would do it if they really wanted to.

Mark_325i
09-02-2003, 11:18 AM
Just unplug it. Connector is next to the washer fluid bottle. Hook it back up for the winter.

Andy
09-02-2003, 11:30 AM
Just unplug it. Connector is next to the washer fluid bottle. Hook it back up for the winter.

That sounds easy enough. Would this cause fault codes in the computer?

milski
09-02-2003, 12:16 PM
I think it works only when your headlights are on.

Andy
09-02-2003, 12:42 PM
I think it works only when your headlights are on.

Hmmmm... I'll have to go try that. If that's correct, pardon my post... I'm an idiot!! :banghead: This is the first time I have had the CWP on my BMW, all I knew is that the darn thing would come on every time I tried to clean the windshield, and it completly covers the entire car with mist (of course I do drive with my headlights on quite a bit).

Thanks for the info.

milski
09-02-2003, 01:32 PM
No worries, my dealer did not know that either. He came up with the 'It works once out of three times' theory. :rolleyes:

Mark_325i
09-02-2003, 01:43 PM
Washers work only when lights are on and they do not operate each time you wash the windshield. RTFM.

nmadd
09-02-2003, 02:57 PM
No worries, my dealer did not know that either. He came up with the 'It works once out of three times' theory. :rolleyes:

They activate the first time you use the windshield washers (and the lights are on) after you start the car. Then they activate every 5th time after that.