PDA

View Full Version : I have to bring my car in friday for service.

tgravo2
09-03-2003, 09:55 AM
So I'm bringing my car in for an oil change, etc. because I'm coming up on 15K miles.

The search doesn't work so I have a question. What exactly do they do besides changing oil, and how long does it usually take?

F1Crazy
09-03-2003, 10:20 AM
I just had this service done and it was basicly an oil change (I hope you did one before), they will inspect the chassis, brakes and read the codes to see if there is anything wrong, it takes around 45 minutes.
I also asked for the wiper blades to be replaced, yours are probably worn as well.

tgravo2
09-03-2003, 10:24 AM
I just had this service done and it was basicly an oil change (I hope you did one before), they will inspect the chassis, brakes and read the codes to see if there is anything wrong, it takes around 45 minutes.
I also asked for the wiper blades to be replaced, yours are probably worn as well.
Thanks F1, the reason I asked is I can only bring my car on Friday afternoons, so I was hoping it wouldn't take too long.

I will get my wipers changed too :D

Do they replace the microfilter for the a/c?

F1Crazy
09-03-2003, 10:29 AM
Do they replace the microfilter for the a/c?
Yes, they do :thumbup:

Pinecone
09-03-2003, 05:20 PM
If you look in the black case with your manuals, you will find a white manual that says somehting like Warranty And Service. It lists what is done for each type of service, Oil Service, Inspection 1, and Inspection II.