PDA

View Full Version : iphone interation help

louser
09-07-2009, 11:42 PM
hey ppl. got myself a iphone usb adapter so i can check the millions of songs names and scroll trough them via my dash. just a quick queston. is there any way that i can intergrate my messages (sms) to the idrive system? or
if i get the iphone snap in adapter does it have more benefits and can i still check my millions of songs on the dash.

my bad for not taking the smart phone intergation option:bawling:

briansbimmer
09-13-2009, 05:20 AM
I have the iPhone and the smart phone adapter. Only benefit of the adapter is the more powerful signal and charging your phone. No ability to read your text messages. I also cannot access my iPhones music library. Is my adapter installed properly? I do have my iPod attach to a cable I leave iPod under the smart phone adapter...so I can see all that stuff on iPod in the dash, but not iPhone.

louser
09-13-2009, 11:51 AM
my songs come up on the dash and idrive when i connect the iphone and a normal ipod when i use the cable adpater. as with the message transfer there is a setting on the iphne that you have activate to enable
the tranfer of messages through bluetooth. i aslo got a LG Prada phone and that transfers the messgaes automatically when bluethooth is enabled.

stevew31
10-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Is smart phone integration as a factory option just getting the right adaptor?? I have purchased a 2009 and I can play and see music when I use the USB adapter. But thinking of bying the IPHONE snap in adapter that uses the cars atenna. Do I gain or lose something this way?