PDA

View Full Version : Space Gray opinions?

idworkin
09-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Looking for some insight on colors for a 750i.

I've been leaning towards the dark graphite, but a dealer has a space gray with all the options I'm looking for and some additional money from BMW, so it makes for a better deal than the graphite. I haven't seen too many space gray 750's - and this car has been there for a LOOONG time - so I'm wondering about the color.

It's growing on me (though I think I prefer it on the 550) - and the fact that I haven't seen too many is appealing. Opinions on this color?

XZLR8
09-09-2009, 06:20 AM
Looking for some insight on colors for a 750i.

I've been leaning towards the dark graphite, but a dealer has a space gray with all the options I'm looking for and some additional money from BMW, so it makes for a better deal than the graphite. I haven't seen too many space gray 750's - and this car has been there for a LOOONG time - so I'm wondering about the color.

It's growing on me (though I think I prefer it on the 550) - and the fact that I haven't seen too many is appealing. Opinions on this color?
I've not seen Space Gray on the 7, but we had an X5 in the color and loved it. As grays go, I think it's one of the best out there. There's no undertone of purple or blue that only appears in certain lights, which is a plus for me. (My wife had a Graphite colored 3 wagon several years ago that always looked purple in our garage. Ack.)

I know my dealership still has the initial two "launch" 7s, too. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case with a lot of small dealerships, as a great number of people who buy these cars tend to order them custom built. However, with the cash incentives on remaining '09s, it might make a lot of sense to take something that's already out there.

20C4S
09-10-2009, 12:31 AM
just picked up a Space Gray 750Li yesterday. love the color. and more importantly it's a safe color.

due to its size i think the 7 looks great in darker color. i'm not a black-color guy because it's impossible to keep clean & perfect. i love the Dark Graphite but Space Gray is just easier to keep clean (currently the 7 stays out of garage). i also considered Silver but it doesn't look good on the 7.

go for Space Gray! and with the current incentive u can't go wrong either!!

davidc1
09-10-2009, 06:23 AM
Great choice. My X5 is space gray and it's really easy to maintain.

SleepTight
09-24-2009, 09:09 PM
Personally my favorite BMW color.:thumbup:

asaseaban
09-25-2009, 04:47 AM
just picked up a Space Gray 750Li yesterday. love the color. and more importantly it's a safe color.

due to its size i think the 7 looks great in darker color. i'm not a black-color guy because it's impossible to keep clean & perfect. i love the Dark Graphite but Space Gray is just easier to keep clean (currently the 7 stays out of garage). i also considered Silver but it doesn't look good on the 7.

go for Space Gray! and with the current incentive u can't go wrong either!!

Sorry to disagree with you but Silver especially Titanium Silver always look gorgeous on a 7er. All my 7er have being Silver except for my 1st F02 lease which is Mineral White but i'm replacing it with my 1st ED F02 Titanium Silver.

If the MY2013 ActiveHybrid 7 comes in that light sky blue color as advertised then I may go with that color...if not then its Silver again. I may do Black one day if the new reflective leather offered on BMW convertibles become an option for the 7er.

These are just my personal taste and preferrence.