PDA

View Full Version : Spark Plug Recall

briansbimmer
09-11-2009, 04:57 AM
Message left by my dealer, spark plug recall. Bring the 09 750li into replace or correct? Anybody else get the same call?

Took car in for unrelated problem, to have auto hold and emergency brake repaired. I had previously scheduled this appointment and figured I would get spark plugs checked while there. I was told that the part to fix the problem had been recalled and that BMW engineers were working on a new fix. Apparently close to 150 750's have had this problem. The problem is parking brake locking up and leaving driver stranded with no way to put car into gear. Fix is to take up trunk mat and manually disengage parking brake. See pics below.

TCJ
09-12-2009, 02:51 PM
My '09 750Li parking brake locked up at 3300 miles. The manual disengage didn't work for me. The car had to be towed to the dealer. That was 2.5 weeks ago!! The brake "module" had to be ordered from Germany. Getting the part to Dallas took 2 weeks. Dealer installed the module and tried to re-program the car Thursday evening. Re-programming failed. I'm told they now need another part. At this point I'm totally disgusted. I have an S class "on hold" but can't finish the deal because the 750 is at the
BMW dealer.