PDA

View Full Version : Parking Brake--Anyone had one to lock up?

TCJ
09-12-2009, 07:26 PM
My '09 750Li parking brake locked up at 3300 miles. The manual disengage in the trunk didn't work for me. Left me stranded. The car had to be towed to the dealer. That was 2.5 weeks ago!! The brake "module" had to be ordered from Germany. Getting the part to Dallas took 2 weeks. Dealer installed the module and tried to re-program the car Thursday evening. Re-programming failed. I'm told they now need another part. At this point I'm totally disgusted. Can't wait to get rid of this car!!

briansbimmer
09-13-2009, 06:08 AM
There are a number of post on this board regarding parking brake/auto hold feature. My 750li did it when the car was in auto hold and I ran into some stores running errands. If car is in auto hold the parking brake automatically engages when you put car in park...otherwise I rarely engage parking brake on a flat surface. It happened the end of June before the July 4 weekend. In my case the manual release in trunk worked. I took it to shop and they got the warnings in dash to go away and gave me car back. They did say they needed a part from Germany and that it would take two weeks. So...about July 15 or so they said it was in. I did not get the car back to shop until this past week (I took a trip and was very busy with work) Thursday the 10th. I get a call in the afternoon...my service advisor is apologizing profusely...he claimed that the fix the BMW engineers came up with had been recalled. He also said that close to 150 750's were waiting for this part on the east coast. Parts are shipped to New Jersey. I have not engaged the parking brake since end of June or used the auto hold feature. That's the story I got anyway. I posted pictures showing the steel post and special tool on the "Service Problems with F01, F02" thread and also right below on the "Spark Plug Recall" thread.

I've been a defender of BMW and my dealers service department on this board. But my patience is running out. A whole day back and forth to my dealer for nothing. And...no BMW loaner....a Ford Focus. At least it did not strand me in a parking lot!! :mad:

Leslierc
09-14-2009, 06:10 AM
I've been a defender of BMW and my dealers service department on this board. But my patience is running out. A whole day back and forth to my dealer for nothing. And...no BMW loaner....a Ford Focus. At least it did not strand me in a parking lot!! :mad:

That's discouraging. Why is it that BMW dealership service shops have so few BMW loaners? I own a Lexus GX470 and whenever I would take it in for service I would have a choice of an RX or an ES, NEVER a non-Lexus vehicle.