PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard? Are they going to make another "Hire" Series?

Maverick
09-05-2003, 07:31 PM
Does anyone have any info on this? :dunno: I was very impressed with the DVD. Apart from the cars, the films were of a very good quality. :D

tgravo2
09-05-2003, 07:34 PM
Does anyone have any info on this? :dunno: I was very impressed with the DVD. Apart from the cars, the films were of a very good quality. :D

Maybe once some new cars come out (X3, 5er, 6er, etc.) then they might make new ones. I would like to see some with the new 5 and 7, and especially the new M5 :D

I also wish they would have had an M3 in one, or Z8 :D They should add about 5-7 movies, :thumbup:

EdCT
09-06-2003, 05:32 PM
I hope not.

It's hard to argue with success, but these films are pure drek imo.

Bmw was obviously involved in that awful remake of "the italian job" which I and my wife slogged through earlier this summer. It had all the hallmarks of the hire series: stupidly bad acting, over-the-top cheapo software-driven music, and can't-hold-a-camera-shot-for-more-than-five-seconds direction.

No, I hope this film series goes away, FOREVER!

Ed

smokinj03
09-08-2003, 09:59 AM
I hope not.

It's hard to argue with success, but these films are pure drek imo.

Bmw was obviously involved in that awful remake of "the italian job" which I and my wife slogged through earlier this summer. It had all the hallmarks of the hire series: stupidly bad acting, over-the-top cheapo software-driven music, and can't-hold-a-camera-shot-for-more-than-five-seconds direction.

No, I hope this film series goes away, FOREVER!

Ed
:yikes:

a) it's free
b) nobody put a gun to your head
:tsk:

personally I thought the bmw films were excellent, way better than many cinema flicks that I wasted $8.5 for

Brashland
09-08-2003, 11:39 AM
:confused:

I thought they were pretty good and very effective for their short time allotment. The older series were better than the strictly Z4 series, but very entertaining. Like tgravo I want to see some of the new cars.

My friend saw the italian job and liked it. Then again he might have been very biased due to his having purchased a Mini S weeks before it came out.