PDA

View Full Version : Z4 Loaner & Short Review

hmr
09-07-2003, 09:52 AM
I got lucky recently by getting a Z4 loaner (3.0, step).

Some impressions:

- simply, the car rocks!
- great seats
- fabulous styling, in and out (I'm pretty much over Bangle bashing.)
- great top-down experience
- surprisingly quiet top-up experience (except for a few rattles)
- of course, fantastic handling, acceleration, and steering.

Some so-so:
- exhaust note (i.e., amplified by means of the intake subwoofer) a bit much from time to time. Else, nice and sporty.
- xenons. My first experience with BMW xenons. Truthfully, not much difference in city driving as compared with halogens. On an empty, unlit road the cutoff between dark and light was annoying actually.
- glove box. Hard to get to. A latch would have worked much better to open the glove box than to have to squeeze to open. Though, there is some nice, decent storage in the rear center console area, between the seats.

I loved it!

drmwvr
09-08-2003, 04:23 PM
I was able to drive a 2.5l 5-speed Z4 for the Komen Ultimate Drive. I agree, it rocks! I sure wish that my 325 had the same exhuast sound as the 2.5l Z4 sounded awesome; much different than mine. I also liked the "Sport" switch that changed the throttle maping. Here is a pic:

flashinthepan
09-08-2003, 04:27 PM

With respect to the Z4-

I like it too ! I think it has nicer styling than the Z3,

but I am not so sure about the other Bangle designs.

Mr. Sparkle
09-08-2003, 05:32 PM
I got lucky recently by getting a Z4 loaner (3.0, step).

Some impressions:

- simply, the car rocks!
- great seats
- great top-down experience
- surprisingly quiet top-up experience (except for a few rattles)
- of course, fantastic handling, acceleration, and steering.

Some so-so:
- exhaust note (i.e., amplified by means of the intake subwoofer) a bit much from time to time. Else, nice and sporty.
- xenons. My first experience with BMW xenons. Truthfully, not much difference in city driving as compared with halogens. On an empty, unlit road the cutoff between dark and light was annoying actually.
- glove box. Hard to get to. A latch would have worked much better to open the glove box than to have to squeeze to open. Though, there is some nice, decent storage in the rear center console area, between the seats.

I loved it!

Z4 w/ SP is even more fun. :D