PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Bimmerfest.com

Clem
12-18-2001, 12:05 PM
Our Goal is to try and bring the BMW community together.

We'd like to enlist everyone's help to do so and we hope everyone has fun doing it!! :)

tom_1
12-20-2001, 08:47 PM
Everyone loves to speak about the "community" of BMW enthusiasts.

Yet somehow, somewhere along the line people thought it would be ok to just disregard the work of others and basically pretend as if nothing wrong was done.

I am glad you all have another place to voice yourselves (hopefully this place will be a bit more open). But know that the illusion that these guys (save for Ashe) had ANYTHING to do with previous east coast Bimmerfests is a complete and utter farce.

Does this sound as from someone who feels scorned? If so, then I'm glad I got my point across.

Some of you may think what you will. Most of you don't know and care not to know the truth.

Yet before everyone goes off on me or this post gets deleted, just know one thing. I am not here to debate on which or who has the "real" Bimmerfest on the east coast. I am merely here to offer the truth if anyone cares to know it.

Good day to you all and good luck.

Jon Shafer
12-20-2001, 11:06 PM
The more and more that I look at this site, and what it means (to me personally as well as it does to everyone else in our "community"), the more that I begin to realize that the gestalt of the notion of "Bimmerfest" itself does not center around a particular "gathering" or event, but rather (and more importantly) around the pure celebration, or "Fest" of all things BMW. Whether it is e46fanatics, bimmer.org, dtm, ..., whatever, we are, as a matter of fact, a "community - brought together by one simple fact; we love BMW.

Clem
12-20-2001, 11:09 PM
Thank you Jon. Well said.

Ashe
12-22-2001, 08:59 PM
Thank you Jon, I know that when someone loves something it means so much

Originally posted by Jon Shafer
The more and more that I look at this site, and what it means (to me personally as well as it does to everyone else in our "community"), the more that I begin to realize that the gestalt of the notion of "Bimmerfest" itself does not center around a particular "gathering" or event, but rather (and more importantly) around the pure celebration, or "Fest" of all things BMW. Whether it is e46fanatics, bimmer.org, dtm, ..., whatever, we are, as a matter of fact, a "community - brought together by one simple fact; we love BMW. :)

Craig@SE
12-23-2001, 02:29 AM
Sheeeeeshhh!!! Didn't take long did it!!!

Robert
12-23-2001, 04:03 PM
I have been a poster on another site for quite some time. I recently took delivery of an alpine white 330i sp 5sp. In my excitement I posted on the day of delivery some pics and my initial driving impressions. The only real comments were about the poor quality of the photos (nothing about the new steering etc.). This has left a sour taste in my mouth.

I look forward to a board celebrating and discussing what makes these cars and this obsession great!:)

Alex Baumann
12-23-2001, 04:16 PM
Welcome Aboard Robert! Forget what happened on the other board and post some pix. And also don't forget to vote on "Favorite 2002 E46 Color" thread :)

Alex

hts
12-24-2001, 06:34 AM
nt

SteveT
12-24-2001, 08:35 AM
The board keeps time in GMT, but looking at the time displayed on the bottom of the message display I don't think it's correct. The conversion to GMT seems to be off. Right now it reflects a 3 hour difference between EST and GMT when I think it should be 5 hours. Is there something I'm missing? Just the last piece to make the board perfect...?

lib
12-24-2001, 12:11 PM
Are there plans to create seperate forums for discussions relating to particular cars. I am only really interested in reading about E46 experiences and such.

Although, it really isnt hard to ignore E39ers.. and a lot of conversations shouldnt be model specific (topics like the zaino addiction).

shrug..

Ashe
12-24-2001, 09:16 PM
I would email the admins ....

geomax
12-25-2001, 08:32 AM
"Can't we all just get along??"

Originally posted by tom

Yet somehow, somewhere along the line people thought it would be ok to just disregard the work of others and basically pretend as if nothing wrong was done.

I am glad you all have another place to voice yourselves (hopefully this place will be a bit more open). But know that the illusion that these guys (save for Ashe) had ANYTHING to do with previous east coast Bimmerfests is a complete and utter farce.

Does this sound as from someone who feels scorned? If so, then I'm glad I got my point across.

Some of you may think what you will. Most of you don't know and care not to know the truth.

Yet before everyone goes off on me or this post gets deleted, just know one thing. I am not here to debate on which or who has the "real" Bimmerfest on the east coast. I am merely here to offer the truth if anyone cares to know it.

jeddclampette
12-25-2001, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by lib
Are there plans to create seperate forums for discussions relating to particular cars. I am only really interested in reading about E46 experiences and such.

It would be to your advantage to allow this board to integrate, just the way BMWAG has done to its platform. In all honesty, what's so unique about the engines, trans, differentials, ABS, DSC, H/K, VaNos, HID, OBC, MoDiC, OBD-2, seatings, leather, paint, rust protection, warranty, free maintenance, CPO, etc... between the 3er and any other? I'd say negligible. A center bearing that's used in a 2002 is still used in today's Bimmer. And removing the driveshaft to service the center bearing, typically lasting 100k miles, of a 2002 is no different than removing a driveshaft off a 7er, or 3er for that matter. From my pic below, you'll see that I have a 20+yr old and a 4yr old bimmer. I can tell you that I have quite a bit of insight on the 4yr old bimmer from tinkering with the 20+ yr old bimmer. Very little mechanical assemblies changes exists...only slight variations - clutch master & slave cylinders for example. Of course on the newer bimmers, an added component called the Clutch delay valve (CDV) is a burden to the joyful driving experience of an otherwise fine manual transmission setup.

And historically, expensive options and inventions typically trickle down from the 7er to the 3er. ABS, OBC, DSC, HID, eg, became a reality several years after they've been utilized on the 7er and 5er. So, one can see and sense the "future" so to speak with eyes and ears tuned to the owners of other platforms.

Now, I've been quite impressed by the hands on tinkering that 3er owners typically embrace over the other BMW owners. Even before a 3er drives the car out of the dealership, there's usually a ton of aftermarket add ons already sitting in his/her garages, and letting another garage install them isn't even an option. The typicaly 7er / 5er owners will outsource the modifications. For the record, I'm generalizing here and this is my own opinion. There's always an exception of course.

But I do want to voice out that there's so much to know about the BMW marque, and newbies indoctrinated into ownership could use the wealth of info we all acquire through these internet boards. So partitioning the stream of info is like putting blinders on...you don't see the whole picture.

·clyde·
01-26-2004, 07:26 PM
Our Goal is to try and bring the BMW community together.

We'd like to enlist everyone's help to do so and we hope everyone has fun doing it!! :)
Neither is Jesus.

Regarding the question of being a natural born American, the premise posed by TD was "W vs just about anyone else." It wasn't limited to just those that would be eligible.

TeamM3
11-30-2004, 09:44 PM
you want to bump old posts :mad: , I'll bump old posts :p

Jon Shafer
11-30-2004, 09:53 PM

Where did you go tom?

tom
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

ChadH
12-02-2004, 04:36 PM
The more and more that I look at this site, and what it means (to me personally as well as it does to everyone else in our "community"), the more that I begin to realize that the gestalt of the notion of "Bimmerfest" itself does not center around a particular "gathering" or event, but rather (and more importantly) around the pure celebration, or "Fest" of all things BMW. Whether it is e46fanatics, bimmer.org, dtm, ..., whatever, we are, as a matter of fact, a "community - brought together by one simple fact; we love BMW. Very well said. I have lurked around here for about 2 months and just have started posting. It seemes like a very tight nit community and I hope to become a part of it. Great website and even better members!
:thumbup:

Artslinger
12-02-2004, 06:26 PM
ChadH. Nice tasteful sig. :thumbup:

ChadH
12-02-2004, 09:53 PM
ChadH. Nice tasteful sig. :thumbup: Thanks man! I had a guy over at E46 fanatics make it for me. I like it small yet tasteful. Now, if everybody took this procedure for sig making, the page wouldnt take so long to load sometimes.
:rofl:

Jon Shafer
12-02-2004, 09:57 PM
ChadH. Nice tasteful sig. :thumbup:

Very Nice. :thumbup: X 2!!

E36 Phantom
05-07-2009, 06:37 AM
Bump.

:amish:

loveless4577
05-07-2009, 07:37 AM
Great bump!

synenergy52
05-07-2009, 10:04 PM
wut

AB
05-07-2009, 10:05 PM
What an awesome bump! :thumbup:

vexed
05-07-2009, 10:22 PM
What happened to Clem?
Few here will recall his reign of terror:eeps:

MJS
05-08-2009, 04:33 AM
Werd....

TeamM3
05-15-2010, 10:43 PM
WTH was Tom's problem?

:angel:

Jon Shafer
05-16-2010, 10:56 AM
WTH was Tom's problem?

:angel:

Tom was upset that he wasn't able to acquire the rights to Bimmerfest....

hts
05-16-2010, 05:53 PM
Tom was upset that he wasn't able to acquire the rights to Bimmerfest....

he shouldn't be upset. as fate would have it, he apparently took his anger, redirected it, and ended up with a much better/popular site.

:thumbup: