PDA

View Full Version : Your usage of the programmable memoray buttons?

hayden
09-23-2009, 09:48 PM
I think sharing our use of programmable memoray buttons may give some of us some good ideas we may not have otherwise thought of. I'll go first:

Phone - Wife's mobile
Phone - Home
iPod - My playlist
iPod - Childrens music playlist for the kids
-
Navigation - Route preference (to check alternate routes)
Navigation - Voice guidance on/off (pressing twice repeats last instruction)
Navigation - Home address

XZLR8
09-24-2009, 06:20 AM
I think sharing our use of programmable memoray buttons may give some of us some good ideas we may not have otherwise thought of. I'll go first:

Phone - Wife's mobile
Phone - Home
iPod - My playlist
iPod - Childrens music playlist for the kids
-

Similar to you, I have a couple phone numbers, a couple satellite radio stations, the iPod (you set it for a specific playlist?), and "Home" in the navigation system... and in the same order as you, funny enough.

hayden
11-03-2009, 02:05 PM
the iPod (you set it for a specific playlist?)

I tried to set it to a specific playlist - but was unable to. I purchased a new iPod and still have the same issue where it forgets the playlist when I start the car. I cannot see any of the other song names (except for what is currently being played) without going back to Playlists and reselecting the playlist. :dunno:

I also find it annoying that I can't find an easy way to access the radio "presets" easily. If I set an FM preset to a memory button... when I access it, it shows me other FM stations... not all my other presets. The only way to access it is to go to <Radio> - scroll to <Presets> and then select one. I can then switch back to the Map and have the other presets accessible from the scroll function on the steering wheel.

Updated setup:
Phone - Home
Phone - Wife's Mobile
USB Audio (iPod - Cannot select a specific playlist - will pick up where it left off)
FM station (want to find a quick way to start at the top of my "preset" list without changing the main screen away from the map)
Split Screen (On/Off)

esk
11-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Interesting that I've also set my wife's mobile and our home phone to buttons 1 & 2. I've put 2 other commonly called phone numbers in 3 & 4, but the rest are unused. Most of the time I forget about the memory buttons and dial through the Telephone screen.

Guards Red Car
11-04-2009, 04:22 AM
i also find it annoying that i can't find an easy way to access the radio "presets" easily. If i set an fm preset to a memory button... When i access it, it shows me other fm stations... Not all my other presets. The only way to access it is to go to <radio> - scroll to <presets> and then select one. I can then switch back to the map and have the other presets accessible from the scroll function on the steering wheel.[/list]

If you use a Memory Button for your Preset List you can have up to 16 presets available to scroll through via Steering Wheel Control or iDrive -- And, your Preset List can contain any combination of AM/FM/Satellite Stations...

I think this is the easiest way to rapidly pull up lots of favorite stations - i.e. just hit the Memory Button containing your Presets and scroll through your selected 16 stations instantly!!

hayden
11-04-2009, 07:48 AM
If you use a Memory Button for your Preset List you can have up to 16 presets available to scroll through via Steering Wheel Control or iDrive -- And, your Preset List can contain any combination of AM/FM/Satellite Stations...

I think this is the easiest way to rapidly pull up lots of favorite stations - i.e. just hit the Memory Button containing your Presets and scroll through your selected 16 stations instantly!!

I see two ways of doing it - and both have drawbacks.

1. If I set the memory button to the Preset page, then it does bring up my entire list of presets in the main display and I can pick one. After that I can scroll using the steering wheel. The problem with that is that I then have to go back to the Map to get my display the way I want it.

2. If I set a specific preset to the memory button (which wont change my entire main display)... It doesn't let me scroll the rest of the presets from the steering wheel. It only lets me scroll other items in the same range as that specific preset (AM or FM or SAT only). Even if I program the specific station from the Preset page.

Am I missing something?

asaseaban
11-04-2009, 02:11 PM
Here are my settings:

1 - Wife Cell phone
2 - Home Phone
3 - Map views
4 - Points of Interest
5 - Split screen (tap once for On/Off)
6 - Trip computer
7 - Vehicle status
8 - Last destinations

I use the MODE button and Scroll dial on the steering wheel for all my Multimedia selection.