PDA

View Full Version : traded my 330i

webguy330i
09-08-2003, 02:45 PM
Well it's been a fantastic 2 years, 2 months, 11 days with my 330i. What good times we had! I finally made the move and got into something a bit less luxurious, a bit more econobox, a bit less pricey, a bit more performance-oriented, a bit less comfortable, a bit ... well you get the idea.

I picked up my '03 Mitsu Evo VIII saturday. I couldn't be more pleased with this car so far. Put 600 miles on it in 2 days, doing a 700mile oil change, break-in over at 1k. I am just smitten with this car, it's exactly what I needed. I have already taken enough **** for going from a bimmer to a mitsu, so please spare me. :ouch:

I'm definitely going to be back from my non-BMW hiatus at some point (M4?) but for now, I am a very happy newbie turbo/awd fiend. I can't see that getting old anytime soon for me. ;)

Here's a picture (not my car though):

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_b/269000-269999/269042_27_full.jpg

webguy330i
09-08-2003, 02:46 PM
BTW the park bench on the trunk is staying -- I actually like it (gasp!).

ayn
09-08-2003, 03:01 PM
Nice! I like the EVO8! Congrats! too bad the local Mitshi dealer wouldn't let me test drive one... :(

pdz
09-08-2003, 04:59 PM
cool!

i went "down" in the prestige scale, too.

i'm really sad about it. :cry:

that car just rips, doesn't it?

JetBlack330i
09-08-2003, 05:06 PM
Nice! I like the EVO8! Congrats! too bad the local Mitshi dealer wouldn't let me test drive one... :(
your reputation preceeds you... :angel: :rofl:
I've been test driving the Skyline (in GT3). I really want one. :bawling:

ayn
09-08-2003, 05:08 PM
your reputation preceeds you... :angel: :rofl:

heh... they dont know me at the mitshi dealership yet... i was there with Jimmy, and the guy was sure that Jimmy wasnt buying the EVO coz he saw his M3, and he was saying no test drive until i sign and ****, and then later he asked what i drive, i told him, and he kindda stopped talking to us... which is kindda stupid... coz if the car really kicks ass, i might really trade in mine for one... or I will at least write up a good reviews on my blog site or whatever...

--Andrew

AF
09-08-2003, 07:25 PM
Chris . . . sweet choice :thumbup:

I can't help but love that car . . . I've seen a couple of them on the road and know better then to race one . . .

It is a serious performer and I always loved Mitsu's

Is that the color you got ?

Enjoy it bud . . . :thumbup::thumbup:

Bobby 325i
09-08-2003, 08:18 PM
Nice choice man. I'm lovin that blue on it. It's a great performer, a guy at my school has one and he gave me a ride in it. It's great power after the turbo spools up and handles great in the turns(this is where it's rallye car roots shine). Also, Car and Driver says it's an all around better car than the STI:thumbup:..

Congrats on the new car, and happy modding:D..and also, WE WANNA SEE PICSSSS;)

JST
09-08-2003, 08:29 PM
Heard a story at the autox this weekend about Mitsubishi factory reps visiting the drag strip and recording VINs for warranty-voiding purposes. May be an urban myth, but be alert.

Matthew330Ci
09-08-2003, 09:04 PM
Heard a story at the autox this weekend about Mitsubishi factory reps visiting the drag strip and recording VINs for warranty-voiding purposes. May be an urban myth, but be alert.

:yikes: :tsk:

tgravo2
09-08-2003, 09:12 PM
I like the numbers on the car, but I can't get to like the styling. Looks to childish for me, but to each thier own. Congrats, enjoy it :D

bmw325
09-08-2003, 11:36 PM
Cool. I'm sure it kicks some serious A**. Personally, I can't quite warm up to it-- but sounds like you're already smitten. I guess we won't be hearing much from you for a while...?

PABS
09-09-2003, 07:14 AM
I'm ready if I can figure out how to remove that silly ass wing.

Artslinger
09-09-2003, 07:31 AM
I would have got a car with a bigger wing. :yikes:

I guess you'd need a wing that big if you are booking down a gravel road at 100 mph, and hanging the rear end out at 60 plus on a dirt road.

Artslinger
09-09-2003, 07:34 AM
ahhh... don't forget to change you're user name to "WebGuy Evo VIII".

Ack
09-09-2003, 07:45 AM
This car does kick some serious ass. Chris stopped by my place late Sunday night with the car. He had talked to me about getting it last week and I'm glad he finally bit. :D He took me, my bro who was visiting form PA, and my housemate for a nice little ride. I had him go down this twisty road to see how the car would do. There's a turn that a take at about 45-50 in my car (15 mph turn) and Chris was going into the turn at around 65. :yikes: The rear end slung out quite a bit but he just let off the gas and the car quickly corrected itself. All of us were breathing a little harder after this. The car winds up real nicely also. I just can't wait until this car is broken in so Chris can really show me what the car can do (that and I'll also get a chance to drive the car) :)

Congrats again Chris! :thumbup:

webguy330i
09-09-2003, 07:55 AM
Thanks guys! :thumbup:

Just clicked over 800 miles... 200 more until redline time. My lord it has been hard to keep this thing under. I am now hitting 6000rpm every few drives, just trying to warm her up to the max. She's got brand new oil in her too (until 2k).

pdz, didn't we talk about the M3 vs. STi back in the day? Good call, how do you like it? I gave up the M3 for a price cut, just couldn't work out the numbers on a used e46 like I wanted. But that's ok because now we're faster anyhow. :rofl:

Alan, that's the color my friend. It's called "Blue By You", get it? :D Didn't you have a 4g63 at some point? This thing is the shizzy izzy!

robg, I'll still be around don't worry. Probably hang out more here in the general forum actually.

Pete, soon bro, when's the next show again? Thanks for the props, we'll hang out this weekend perhaps... :D

Guest84
09-09-2003, 07:57 AM
Congrats Webguy! I can still remember you taking delivery on your new 330i on the Roadfly. :) Enjoy your new wheels and "Stick around" will ya? :)

webguy330i
09-09-2003, 08:10 AM
Congrats Webguy! I can still remember you taking delivery on your new 330i on the Roadfly. :) Enjoy your new wheels and "Stick around" will ya? :)
Absolutely man, thanks! :) You guys know this is my home board of course.

BTW there is truth to the mitsu spy conspiracy! Check it out here:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38027

Scary no? Only thing this car will see is a dyno and the autox courses.

Oh alright, maybe watkins glen too. ;)

pdz
09-09-2003, 10:28 AM
Thanks guys! :thumbup:

pdz, didn't we talk about the M3 vs. STi back in the day? Good call, how do you like it? I gave up the M3 for a price cut, just couldn't work out the numbers on a used e46 like I wanted. But that's ok because now we're faster anyhow. :rofl:

well.....i'd never say that either car is "faster" than an m3. more visceral, maybe, more tossable. ultimately, much cheaper with "more" in the areas that matter to some people but that are lost on a lot of people.

i'll say that this car is much faster at anything than my 993. to me, that says a lot. and when the "commuter" puts the "sports car" to shame, i knew it was time.

webguy330i
09-09-2003, 11:10 AM
well.....i'd never say that either car is "faster" than an m3. more visceral, maybe, more tossable. ultimately, much cheaper with "more" in the areas that matter to some people but that are lost on a lot of people.

i'll say that this car is much faster at anything than my 993. to me, that says a lot. and when the "commuter" puts the "sports car" to shame, i knew it was time.
Yeah I know (re: faster). It's just fun to compare #'s. Real-world-wise it's definitely not (oooh turbo lag why must thy plague me?).

Fun is definitely an understatement for these cars. I didn't get a chance to drive the STi but I fell in love with the evo pretty much immediately. Have you driven the evo?

Alex Baumann
09-09-2003, 11:54 AM
Chris,

Congratulations on your new car :thumbup:

I still remember your first post after picking up your car, wow, amazing how the time flies. It's been two years ?? :eek:

Enjoy it in good health :)

And just because you are 'Evolutionized' now, it doesn't mean that you are allowed to leave us, OK ? ;) :D

Happy Motoring

PS : Now you can forget the M-Wheel :bigpimp:

webguy330i
09-09-2003, 11:58 AM
Chris,

Congratulations on your new car :thumbup:

I still remember your first post after picking up your car, wow, amazing how the time flies. It's been two years ?? :eek:

Enjoy it in good health :)

And just because you are 'Evolutionized' now, it doesn't mean that you are allowed to leave us, OK ? ;) :D

Happy Motoring

PS : Now you can forget the M-Wheel :bigpimp:
My god what a relief, no need for the M wheel for sure. :D

Thanks and worry not, I'll still be a semi-active member. I know I've been slacking lately! :)

BTW you wouldn't happen to be able to pick up any euro evo viii parts over there would you? PM me if you can!

Alex Baumann
09-09-2003, 12:02 PM
BTW, you need to change the 'My car' part :str8pimpi

:D

JST
09-09-2003, 12:02 PM
Absolutely man, thanks! :) You guys know this is my home board of course.

BTW there is truth to the mitsu spy conspiracy! Check it out here:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38027

Scary no? Only thing this car will see is a dyno and the autox courses.

Oh alright, maybe watkins glen too. ;)

OK, so now I won't feel bad never buying a Mitsubishi.

webguy330i
09-09-2003, 12:06 PM
pdz, forgot to mention, watch out for this! :D

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=2093202

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=404447

325xi-SteelGray
09-09-2003, 12:54 PM
Awesome Chris! Do you still have the same license plate so I can recognize you? :)

I'll soon be trading in my girl, but for nothing as cool as your new ride, probably a Jetta! Looking into something more practical as I would like to buy a house. Damn, why does responsibility rule me sometimes? :(

Did you buy locally? Were they fair on trade? BTW, LOVE that color!

webguy330i
09-09-2003, 12:59 PM
Awesome Chris! Do you still have the same license plate so I can recognize you? :)

I'll soon be trading in my girl, but for nothing as cool as your new ride, probably a Jetta! Looking into something more practical as I would like to buy a house. Damn, why does responsibility rule me sometimes? :(

Did you buy locally? Were they fair on trade? BTW, LOVE that color!
Hey! Yeah thanks, I love the color too. I am a blue car man I have decided. :D

I bought from Carlisle. We traded an Endeavor for the Evo from Burdick in Syracuse though, as they didn't have a blue one w/ sunroof on the lot. Turns out I know the GSM at Carlisle, so I got a great deal on the trade-in and the price of the Evo (well under sticker).

Well yeah! ;)
(it's the same, of course)

ezsce46
09-09-2003, 01:33 PM
Congrats man!!

Why they called it "Blue By You" ? A little :gay: ----j/k :D saw a couple here, looks very aggressive and clean on the road.

webguy330i
09-09-2003, 01:41 PM
lol, I think it's in line with the other names... like "weightless white" and "tarmac black". Think "blew by you".

My new plate should be "BLEWBYU", heheh.

FSelekler
09-09-2003, 03:18 PM
No wonder I kept seeing your SN in the evolutionm board, lol. Congrats, good pick :thumbup:

webguy330i
09-09-2003, 04:54 PM
What's your nick on there? I haven't seen you post anything... I don't think anyhow. :)

JST
09-09-2003, 07:21 PM
Yeah I know (re: faster). It's just fun to compare #'s. Real-world-wise it's definitely not (oooh turbo lag why must thy plague me?).

Fun is definitely an understatement for these cars. I didn't get a chance to drive the STi but I fell in love with the evo pretty much immediately. Have you driven the evo?

Faster? :confused:

R&T shows numbers for both cars.

M3: 0-60 4.7, 0-100 11.6, and the 1/4 in 13.3 at 106.8.
Evo: 0-60 4.8, 0-100 12.7, and the 1/4 in 13.4 at 103.0.

The Evo obviously launches better, but check out the 1/4 trap speeds and the 0-100 time--by the time you really get going, the M3 is walking away from the Evo. That trap speed difference is huge.

Not that bench racing matters that much. I haven't driven either the Evo or the STi; I have no serious interest in buying either, but will probably take one or both of them for a spin when the dealers get a little less psychotic about new cars and are more anxious to move the metal.

webguy330i
09-09-2003, 07:37 PM
Faster is subjective as hell man, I was just messing with pdz. MT got a 4.6s 0-60 for the Evo, but mag times mean next to nothing as we all know.

pdz
09-10-2003, 09:55 AM
Faster? :confused:

R&T shows numbers for both cars.

M3: 0-60 4.7, 0-100 11.6, and the 1/4 in 13.3 at 106.8.
Evo: 0-60 4.8, 0-100 12.7, and the 1/4 in 13.4 at 103.0.

The Evo obviously launches better, but check out the 1/4 trap speeds and the 0-100 time--by the time you really get going, the M3 is walking away from the Evo. That trap speed difference is huge.

Not that bench racing matters that much. I haven't driven either the Evo or the STi; I have no serious interest in buying either, but will probably take one or both of them for a spin when the dealers get a little less psychotic about new cars and are more anxious to move the metal.

yeah, i think the issue is that it's enough of a dead heat on any normal US public road that it's basically the same speed. but you know, $30k less and without the roundel, the leather, etc.

i don't put too much stock into the acceleration times because it means dropping the clutch on a serious high rpm launch and i'm loathe to do that. but truly, this is the fastest OEM car i've ever owned and i like it. that it's relatively inexpensive makes it even better. i'm like george costanza's parents: i like to hear how great a deal it is.

:D

(this is in no way, shape or form meant to say i am not going to jump in line for the 997/998, because i am).

rost12
09-10-2003, 11:06 AM
Congrats, Chris! That's one brutally blue plastic box with wheels you've got there :p

OT: Maybe we could hook up in Niagara-on-the-Lake during the week? Check out your car, get a ride in it on that super twisty piece of road I showed Pete some time ago, hit a restaurant? :angel:

webguy330i
09-10-2003, 11:13 AM
That would be awesome dude, you know I don't have to worry about mileage anymore. :) She's still got about 300 miles until I'm fully broken in though... I'm going to 1200 instead of 600. Maybe this weekend? What are your plans? PM me. Hope the M baby is doing well. :D

Jeff_DML
09-10-2003, 11:30 AM
congrats :thumbup:

I test drove the Evo and liked it but it seemed a little extreme for me to be my daily driver :(

give us a update after break in

webguy330i
09-10-2003, 11:32 AM
Will do Jeff, thanks! :)

It is a stiff ride let me tell you... :eeps:

pdz
09-10-2003, 12:38 PM
what u need to look at is NOT stock evo's...nobody is buying an evo to leave it in stock form...well, at least anyone who wants max performance.

u should check out the latest SportCompact Car issue where they did a comparo w/ Evo8, 911, M3 and S4...only 911 could hang w/ stock Evo8 overall.

but the hilarious part was the Evo8 with a $4k mod kit positively stomped the entire field in every test they could dream up. it was an embarassment for the german cars, to paraphrase the article. :rolleyes:

:yikes:

really!?!??!?!?

what did they test? you knew the S4 was going to lose. and then how the m3 and 911 did relative to the evo was up for grabs.....(magazine bias, c'mon).....but did they do laptimes somewhere?

if i had an Evo, i'd plop on the vishnu stage subzero stuff right away.

if i had that opportunity for the STi, of course, i would do that right away.

pdz
09-10-2003, 01:05 PM
actually, i believe that's the exact kit the 2nd evo8 had... pipe, wheels, boost controller, etc...

they liked the M3, but it wasn't able to stick w/ the stock evo and the 911 in most tests. i believe the M3 was 3rd in the track lap tests, but they said it was very fun to drive, even if not as fast as the others. M3 beat stock evo in 1/4 mile though, as expected.

the 911 pretty much could handle the stock evo, but the one w/ the mod kit beat every car in the field...by a pretty wide margin.

check out the article... there certainly was no detectable bias against the M3. they liked it a lot. :rolleyes:

this is highly interesting to me. i'll have to get this issue...which month is it? usually the M3 is quicker from a standstill than the 3.6L 996 porkchop is, but the porkchop is still about 400 pounds lighter w/ 4 piston brakes all around.

JST
09-10-2003, 01:18 PM
what u need to look at is NOT stock evo's...nobody is buying an evo to leave it in stock form...well, at least anyone who wants max performance.

u should check out the latest SportCompact Car issue where they did a comparo w/ Evo8, 911, M3 and S4...only 911 could hang w/ stock Evo8 overall.

but the hilarious part was the Evo8 with a $4k mod kit positively stomped the entire field in every test they could dream up. it was an embarassment for the german cars, to paraphrase the article. :rolleyes:

Oh, yeah, no question that both the STi and the Evo are modder's wet dreams compared to the M3. The M3 is not a car to buy if you want to mod it; even Conforti admitted that on the Z06 message board.

The S4 is a better modder's choice than the M3, but it's also not in the same league as the Evo and STi, just because it's so much heavier.

webguy330i
09-10-2003, 01:23 PM
muhahahahahaha... ;)

The vishnu stuff is very popular right now, but I'm trying to go jdm with the tuning, so I'm thinking a'pex, blitz, etc. Give me some time gentlemen, we will see some good results in the near future. :D

First autox event for this car is Sept. 28th.

Jeff_DML
09-10-2003, 01:28 PM
muhahahahahaha... ;)

The vishnu stuff is very popular right now, but I'm trying to go jdm with the tuning, so I'm thinking a'pex, blitz, etc. Give me some time gentlemen, we will see some good results in the near future. :D

First autox event for this car is Sept. 28th.

isnt Mitsubishi going to offer ralliart modifications pretty soon for the Evo? Keeping a warrenty is always a plus. Wonder if they will wimp out and wont offer any engine tuning stuff minus a big exhaust pipe :p

pdz
09-10-2003, 01:35 PM
actually, i believe that's the exact kit the 2nd evo8 had... pipe, wheels, boost controller, etc...

they liked the M3, but it wasn't able to stick w/ the stock evo and the 911 in most tests. i believe the M3 was 3rd in the track lap tests, but they said it was very fun to drive, even if not as fast as the others. M3 beat stock evo in 1/4 mile though, as expected.

the 911 pretty much could handle the stock evo, but the one w/ the mod kit beat every car in the field...by a pretty wide margin.

check out the article... there certainly was no detectable bias against the M3. they liked it a lot. :rolleyes:

LK:

thanks for pointing that article out, SCM is still not on my radar yet. i like the whole tone of the article, especially the first paragraph. it's about the car. nothing less, nothing more.

i dislike the C4S, and i know i shouldn't, but i think of it as the 2nd biggest poseur car behind any tiptronic 911; why pay $85k-90k for an aero package when you can get the full blown turbo package for $114k? i don't get it, obviously.

the article was quite fair to all of the cars. great read. Evo is a beast. doesn't like hot days and maybe needs a beefier clutch (what car wouldn't) but it rocked the house.

JST:

yeah, i think the M3 there are two parts to tune: the car has plenty of HP, but it needs brakes and some suspension work and lastly....just driver upgrading. it's fast enough as is. few people can take full advantage of it their first day of ownership.

so, yeah, it's a different sort of "tuning".

Jeff_DML
09-10-2003, 01:54 PM
LK:

thanks for pointing that article out, SCM is still not on my radar yet. i like the whole tone of the article, especially the first paragraph. it's about the car. nothing less, nothing more.

i dislike the C4S, and i know i shouldn't, but i think of it as the 2nd biggest poseur car behind any tiptronic 911; why pay $85k-90k for an aero package when you can get the full blown turbo package for $114k? i don't get it, obviously.

the article was quite fair to all of the cars. great read. Evo is a beast. doesn't like hot days and maybe needs a beefier clutch (what car wouldn't) but it rocked the house.

heres the article for the lazy :D

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0309scc_evogermany/

good article minus the typo on the S4 torque, 410ftlbs :yikes: I wish

webguy330i
09-10-2003, 01:58 PM
Mitsu is producing a Ralliart Lancer which will not be anything like the Evo, more like a slightly-modded Lancer OZ Rally. You can buy Ralliart stuff for the Evo VIII right now actually... taka kaira carries some of it.

Here's the new lancer (glad I got an '03, sheesh):
http://features.evolutionm.net/newsitem/32

Jeff_DML
09-10-2003, 03:16 PM
that's the article, but i didnt see the side-bar where they talked about the vishnu evo.. iirc, it's on the next page after this link stops :mad:

I was wondering why they had the vishu in the specs :rolleyes:

FSelekler
09-11-2003, 09:20 AM
What's your nick on there? I haven't seen you post anything... I don't think anyhow. :)
My SN is the same across all boards "FSelekler". I usually post in the Brakes and Suspension and Mid-Atlantic forums.

Chris90
09-11-2003, 02:26 PM
Ah, that is sweet - did you post this on that IS board? Blue looks pretty good in person, i was surprised!
Come back to BMW when they make em more sporty! M2 anyone??

People complain about the interior - but i see it as on old Porsche - it drives so good you don't even notice the plain interior. And the stereo sounds better than most stock stereos! Besides, the Momo wheel is perfection!

webguy330i
09-11-2003, 02:33 PM
Ah, that is sweet - did you post this on that IS board? Blue looks pretty good in person, i was surprised!
Come back to BMW when they make em more sporty! M2 anyone??

People complain about the interior - but i see it as on old Porsche - it drives so good you don't even notice the plain interior. And the stereo sounds better than most stock stereos! Besides, the Momo wheel is perfection! I was shocked at how good the stereo is, solid bass and mids!

I will be back to bimmer, M3 or M4 style. ;)

edit: yeah I threw it up on .net, if you're registered check it out (boy did they give me hell):

http://new.is300.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13359140&highlight=evo

pdz
09-11-2003, 02:53 PM
I was shocked at how good the stereo is, solid bass and mids!

I will be back to bimmer, M3 or M4 style. ;)

edit: yeah I threw it up on .net, if you're registered check it out (boy did they give me hell):

http://new.is300.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13359140&highlight=evo

(shrugging).

wouldn't know.

mine didn't come with a radio because of "weight reasons". ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

webguy330i
09-11-2003, 02:54 PM
<-- owned again. :D

Chris90
09-11-2003, 04:07 PM
It's ok, judging by the stereo in the WRX, you're better off without a Suby stereo!

Webguy, I post as ckolsen at IS.net. Last I saw the thread you were still contemplating buying the EVO.

(shrugging).

wouldn't know.

mine didn't come with a radio because of "weight reasons". ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

webguy330i
09-11-2003, 04:13 PM
Ahhhh ckolsen, Chris right? I didn't know you were a member here! Yeah I was contemplating, then I actually did it. It kind of scared me. :eeps:

·clyde·
09-11-2003, 04:15 PM
Isn't it time for a name change here?

webguyEVO :dunno:

Chris90
09-11-2003, 04:20 PM
Right! I like this board, but I'll go weeks without checking it. I usually come by to see if there's any new 1 series info. = )

The irony that Bimmerfest guys gave you half the crap the IS300 guys gave you, lol! That's to be expected - enthusiasts appreciate a car like the EVO.

Chris

Ahhhh ckolsen, Chris right? I didn't know you were a member here! Yeah I was contemplating, then I actually did it. It kind of scared me. :eeps:

webguy330i
09-11-2003, 04:23 PM
clyde, but my beautiful post count! (yes I am that superficial).

Chris, no kidding, I figured as much but I also don't really give 2 ****s about what the .net folks say anyhow. Besides ltuned requested pics!! :D :D

pdz
09-12-2003, 10:07 AM
one thing that neither the Evo or the STi has is perfect balance.

both cars are 60/40 Fr/Rear and while AWD helps, that front weight would tend to exacerbate handling issues.

that's the biggest thing, on paper, now that's i've thought about it.

otherwise, this genre of car does not give up a lot to 98% of the cars on the road.

(well....they do have small fuel tanks.........)

webguy330i
09-12-2003, 11:52 AM
I thought the scooby was 50/50? At least that was their initial advertisement. Is it really 60/40 like the evo?

I agree, 14g isn't enough fuel for a turbo car that gulps it. =/

Emission
09-12-2003, 12:17 PM
Congrats on the new car!

I suggest synthetic oil - no dino stuff! Turbos are really hard on the slippery stuff, and synthetic will give the protection that little screamer needs.

I looked at the EVO. Likewise, my dealer won't even entertain test drives (a55holes). I was concerned with crash test data, and some general cheapness. On the other hand, it is one hellava performer.

webguy330i
09-12-2003, 12:21 PM
Word, only 10W30 M1 Syn for my baby. It's "recommended" on the oil cap even. I also plan on changing it every 2500 miles.

BTW here are some pics of my actual car:

http://images.330i.net/evo/09-12-03/work1.jpg

http://images.330i.net/evo/09-12-03/work2.jpg

http://images.330i.net/evo/09-12-03/work3.jpg

webguy330i
09-12-2003, 12:22 PM
FYI the blue is a bit darker than the pics demonstrate. That almost looks like LSB!

pdz
09-12-2003, 02:32 PM
Congrats on the new car!

I suggest synthetic oil - no dino stuff! Turbos are really hard on the slippery stuff, and synthetic will give the protection that little screamer needs.

I looked at the EVO. Likewise, my dealer won't even entertain test drives (a55holes). I was concerned with crash test data, and some general cheapness. On the other hand, it is one hellava performer.

wait a minute.....where have i been?

whatcha got on the 930 to ratchet up the power to 320hp? there must be some new toys on that monster.

webguy330i
09-12-2003, 02:42 PM
pdz you lucky bastard, you get a 15.9 tank. :D

And yer right, all I see now is 59/41 for the scooby. Dunno where I read 50/50. :dunno:

pdz
09-12-2003, 03:27 PM
pdz you lucky bastard, you get a 15.9 tank. :D

And yer right, all I see now is 59/41 for the scooby. Dunno where I read 50/50. :dunno:

i think at this point, it'd be best to start semi-quantitatively comparing how the 330 did over certain roads compared to the evo. such as mph on which stretch, when you can get on the gas, how the brakes compare, the clutch, the shifting....the whole thing, man.

webguy330i
09-12-2003, 04:57 PM
Haha, a 1k review is soon to come (yeah I know, it's not a bimmer, but whatever). ;)