PDA

View Full Version : Telephone Data Memory

bcool
09-26-2009, 11:09 PM
I noticed each time I start my car, all my telephone data(names/phone info) is not there. I have to wait to all my data is transferred from my phone to the hard drive each time I start my car.
Anyone notice this?

XZLR8
09-26-2009, 11:19 PM
I noticed each time I start my car, all my telephone data(names/phone info) is not there. I have to wait to all my data is transferred from my phone to the hard drive each time I start my car.
Anyone notice this?
I don't think the data is "transferred" to your car's hard drive at all, thus the delay in reading it each time your phone syncs.

bcool
09-27-2009, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the reply. It actually did before I took it in for servicing. At least it did have everything immediately read to scroll thru my phone list without having to be transferred.
I took it in b/c they had a recall on programming. Since then I noticed this. Hmmmm.

briansbimmer
09-27-2009, 05:23 AM
I think the blue tooth connection is amazingly fast. I have sat in my car and received a phone call through the car before I have even closed the door and put on seat belts. I usually hit the start button and throw a backpack in the back seat...get situated and then close door + buckle up. Data has not transferred yet...but car and phone communicate on start up. My 05 545i took quite a while to mate with phone. Anyway...I do have to wait for data to transfer if I want to use phone book to make a call as soon as I start the car.

bcool
09-27-2009, 12:19 PM
Ah thanks that was quite helpful. I guess it is suppose to transfer data each time. Hmmm....thought it would be better to transfer this data to hard drive so don't have to wait to make a call.

XZLR8
09-28-2009, 12:46 PM
Ah thanks that was quite helpful. I guess it is suppose to transfer data each time. Hmmm....thought it would be better to transfer this data to hard drive so don't have to wait to make a call.
Because it transfers each time, it allows you to sync multiple phones, only having the address book for the current phone that's sync'd. Of course, you can also enter some "Contacts" manually into the car's system.

bcool
09-28-2009, 02:01 PM
Ah...thanks for the tips!!!!!!Fantastic!!!