Jon Shafer
09-09-2003, 03:25 PM
"BMW Financial Services is pleased to announce the national roll out of
the BMW Performance Insurance program, administered by Liberty
Mutual Insurance Group. This program was piloted in late 2002 and early
2003 to gain a greater understanding of the BMW driver and their
personal insurance needs."

"The products offered through BMW Performance Insurance are designed
to offer BMW drivers Premium insurance coverage, at a competitive rate.
In addition the product guarantees genuine BMW parts in the event of
an accident (where allowed by law) and towing to the nearest BMW
center in the event of a covered loss (within mileage and coverage
limits)."

================================================== =

Maybe some other new insurance products coming soon
(e.g. extended service contacts for new vehicles)???

in_d_haus
09-09-2003, 03:30 PM
I thought you were out of the car biz? :dunno:

Jon Shafer
09-09-2003, 03:33 PM
I thought you were out of the car biz? :dunno:

I'm a little bored, okay???

:p

in_d_haus
09-09-2003, 03:35 PM
I'm a little bored, okay???

:p

Uh huh...:D (Missin it already)

TedW
09-09-2003, 03:44 PM
Uh huh...:D (Missin it already)

You can take the man out of the car business, but you can't take the car business out of the man..... At least not that quickly. :)

Ted

in_d_haus
09-09-2003, 03:48 PM
You can take the man out of the car business, but you can't take the car business out of the man..... At least not that quickly. :)

Ted

He'll be back....:D :rofl:

operknockity
09-09-2003, 04:04 PM
He'll be back....:D :rofl:
By then Bangle will be gone and it will be safe to buy another BMW :rofl: :rofl:

JonW
09-09-2003, 05:59 PM
Would "Performance Insurance" be something for high performance driving events, i.e., driver schools? It doesn't sound like it from the brief description.

I'd love to just purchase special/supplemental track insurance for my car. Technically, driver schools (non-timed events) are covered by our regular street policies, but it's a very hairy issue.

I'm starting to look into a dedicated track car to avoid such hassles. (I'm working on the assumption that with enough time on the track you will have an accident.) But it sure would be great to just purchase some track insurance for the car I already have and like.

JST
09-09-2003, 06:43 PM
Would "Performance Insurance" be something for high performance driving events, i.e., driver schools? It doesn't sound like it from the brief description.

I'd love to just purchase special/supplemental track insurance for my car. Technically, driver schools (non-timed events) are covered by our regular street policies, but it's a very hairy issue.

I'm starting to look into a dedicated track car to avoid such hassles. (I'm working on the assumption that with enough time on the track you will have an accident.) But it sure would be great to just purchase some track insurance for the car I already have and like.

I've thought about that, but one of the appeals of track events is that you get to drive these insanely fast, unbelieveably capable cars at speeds where you can really enjoy them, something that isn't possible on the road. Buying a dedicated track car would deprive you of that.

JonW
09-09-2003, 06:54 PM
I've thought about that, but one of the appeals of track events is that you get to drive these insanely fast, unbelieveably capable cars at speeds where you can really enjoy them, something that isn't possible on the road. Buying a dedicated track car would deprive you of that.

Not if it's another BMW. :p

I'm looking into getting an E30 325is for a track car. Should be loads of fun if it's in good shape. But my current car is also loads of fun. I'd be happy to pay extra for track insurance for my current car. Would be cheaper than buying another car. I've had no luck finding track insurance, though.

01silber
09-09-2003, 07:24 PM
Will info be on the owner's circle soon about this program, and also im with usaa right now is this program with bmw and liberty going to be as good as usaa?????

max

Stuka
09-10-2003, 08:06 AM
Will info be on the owner's circle soon about this program, and also im with usaa right now is this program with bmw and liberty going to be as good as usaa?????

max

USAA just added an exclusion clause that will not cover the car for any and all track events, better check your policy,

Andy
02 M3 CB/ cloth SMG

tool119
09-10-2003, 04:10 PM
Just called BMWUSA, and after being transferred a billion times, ended up talking to the actual insurance company that's backing this. According to him, their agreement w/BMW is only being honored for currently-existing policies (i.e., they're not taking on new customers/policies). WTF? BMWUSA website has zilch. Anybody know something different?

Jon Shafer
09-10-2003, 04:20 PM
Remember,

This is Bimmerfest.com. You heard about it
here first. I'm sure that BMWUSA.com will
have more soon.

xs3x
09-10-2003, 04:58 PM
Remember,

This is Bimmerfest.com. You heard about it
here first. I'm sure that BMWUSA.com will
have more soon.
:D

bmw325
09-10-2003, 06:03 PM
I still don't understand-- what's special about this? BMW has offered insurance through a variety of providers for the past several years. This program looks like its a continuation of that but w/ a different provider. I saw nothing in Jon's description that would indicate anything spcail about this program such as the ability to insure for track events. Am i missing something here? 6 months ago, I called BMW's insurance program and was given a pretty high quote (not competitive w/ other offers I had).