PDA

View Full Version : does anyone use Einman Fabrik High Intensity cleaner?

31st330i
03-24-2002, 09:58 AM
I just can't bear buying the P21S wheel cleaner due to the price tag. I've read that the Einman HIC is pretty good. anyone here use it on their BMW wheels? it's available for $20/gallon.

Intermezzo
03-25-2002, 02:23 PM
Yes, I used it a few times. It works pretty well, considering it's a Ph-neutral formula. As cheap as it is, I still dilute it 50/50 with water. I just spray it on the rims, agitate with a soft wheel brush and then rinse it off.

I have stopped using it though because now I detail my rims every few days using water (w/very little soap) and an old wash mitt. I just like to keep my rims looking sharp every day of the week and find this way a bit easier (& healthier to my lungs) than EFHI.

I use EFHI a lot around the house (sink, bathtub, etc.).

On a side note, did you see the thread on Eagle One Aluminum Wash & Cleaner? Sounds promising.

GTI
03-25-2002, 02:49 PM
Yep.....Just got myself a bottle of EO Aluminumn wheel cleaner. $4.48 on sale at Pepboys. Plus a $2 bottle of Blackmagic semigloss dash protectant on clearence over there.
Will try it out on soon and let you know how well it cleans. I have a feeling it is safer than even the new orange A2Z since it is pH neutral so I want to start with it first.
The original black bottle A2Z is way too strong and I stopped using it after cleaning one of my M68; it eats into the rotor leaving spots only after sitting on it for about 2 minutes with the overspray.