PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find/buy

AlpWhite04
09-09-2003, 07:53 PM
the leather car key holder that came with my 04 ci? The one I am referring to is the one that is the shape of the key when it is folded over and snaps shut at the bottom.

I did a search and came up empty.

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

Chris330Ci
09-09-2003, 09:02 PM
Those key holders come with all new cars as part of the key package that comes from the factory. We give our customers nicer chrome plated key chains so I'm guessing other stores may do the same. I've never seen them for sale though. Try contacting your salesman and see if he has any spares around. I'd mail you mine if I could find it...

AlpWhite04
09-10-2003, 11:46 AM
Those key holders come with all new cars as part of the key package that comes from the factory. We give our customers nicer chrome plated key chains so I'm guessing other stores may do the same. I've never seen them for sale though. Try contacting your salesman and see if he has any spares around. I'd mail you mine if I could find it...

thank you. If you find it, let me know :) :thumbup:

TedW
09-11-2003, 10:45 AM
the leather car key holder that came with my 04 ci? The one I am referring to is the one that is the shape of the key when it is folded over and snaps shut at the bottom.

I did a search and came up empty.

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

Send me your address and I'll mail you one.

Ted

Dale Pickle
09-11-2003, 01:38 PM

My understanding was that you were not supposed attach your BMW key to a regular keychain because the weight of it could damage the ignition?

Thus the key holder thing.

TedW
09-11-2003, 01:43 PM
My understanding was that you were not supposed attach your BMW key to a regular keychain because the weight of it could damage the ignition?

Thus the key holder thing.

Is that how your dealership got out of giving you a key chain. :dunno: :p :rofl:

Seriously though, I've never heard of that one. BMW offers many rather heavy key chains in their accessory catalogue.

Ted

Dale Pickle
09-11-2003, 01:52 PM
Is that how your dealership got out of giving you a key chain. :dunno: :p :rofl:
Ted

Nah, it was a friend of mine who told me that. Actually what he really said was that I shouldn't have my BMW key on the same keychain as other keys since the weight of the keys could damage the ignition, and that was why BMW gave you the leather key holder thing.

I had never heard of such a thing before but someone else at the party agreed with him!

TedW
09-11-2003, 02:03 PM
Nah, it was a friend of mine who told me that. Actually what he really said was that I shouldn't have my BMW key on the same keychain as other keys since the weight of the keys could damage the ignition, and that was why BMW gave you the leather key holder thing.

I had never heard of such a thing before but someone else at the party agreed with him!

Yeah, I could see that not being good. Hanging a wad of keys off the ignition probably is not a good idea.

Ted