PDA

View Full Version : comfort access clarification

bruno787
10-05-2009, 05:49 PM
i have comfort access and i noticed:

all other 3 passenger doors automatically unlock as soon as i touch the handle, and by touching the ribbed portion it automatically locks.

But......

on the driver's door, when i touch it, it doesnt unlock, i have to pull it twice to unlock. also, i cannot lock the car by touching the ribbed portion of the driver's door handle. is this normal?

Bell528i
10-05-2009, 09:05 PM
http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Owner/OwnersManualVideos.aspx?enc=dF4rcQDP6XqoHm9WEI81P5 bR/Wx2vK4McPJrrr2NNQY=

Check out this video from BMWUSA it is the second row from the top and second column video. I hope this helps. Sorry you have to go to page two first.

asaseaban
10-06-2009, 01:03 AM
i have comfort access and i noticed:

all other 3 passenger doors automatically unlock as soon as i touch the handle, and by touching the ribbed portion it automatically locks.

But......

on the driver's door, when i touch it, it doesnt unlock, i have to pull it twice to unlock. also, i cannot lock the car by touching the ribbed portion of the driver's door handle. is this normal?

You can change the settings in the iDrive; unlock all doors or just the driver side door.

bruno787
10-06-2009, 10:39 PM
hmm comfort access worked flawlessly today....must be the cellphone in my pocket.