PDA

View Full Version : 2010 750li ordered

tony102385
10-09-2009, 10:11 PM
I ordered my 750li awhile ago and It should of been here by now but is stuck at port. My dealer is letting me drive a demo 09 750 until my car arrives. I ordered alpine white/black
with m-sport package w/20'' wheels. I choose all the options except the cruise, drivers assistance,night vision because I didn't feel I would use those features enough. I have owned a 06 750 and from driving the 09 the last 2 days the new 7 is a completey different car. The comfort mode makes it feel like your not even driving at all, almost too comfy and quiet. Only complaint are the front windows seem smaller for some reason and the huge side pillars seem like an accident waiting to happen. Looking forward to seeing the m-sport and will post pictures asap.

LovinM6
10-09-2009, 11:20 PM
Is it stuck here in the USA or over in Germany? The exact same thing happened to me when I ordered my NM M6 and the car actually got lost in Germany for 3 weeks and they couldn't find it.

BMW really stepped up and along with the Dealer they found me another M6 to drive until my car finally came in over a month late.

Man...I don't even want to think about that with this car I have on order. It should be done with production on Monday and I am going to follow it day by day to make sure it gets on a boat.

Did they give you a reason why it got stuck at the port?

tony102385
10-10-2009, 12:21 PM
Its at the port here and the reason is some kind of emmission control issue, thats all I was told. All 2010 are being held not just mine.

LovinM6
10-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Its at the port here and the reason is some kind of emmission control issue, thats all I was told. All 2010 are being held not just mine.

Bummer. I hope they get it resolved shortly. Good luck.

CT7er
10-14-2009, 09:53 AM

This is consistent with what my CA told me recently -- MY2010 750's are being held at port (in this case NY/NJ) by the EPA to deal with an emissions issue of some nature. I am told also that this may hold up shipments of new vehicles from the factory until the issue is resolved, although I heard from the CA today that they are beginning to release some cars from port for delivery. So, maybe the problem has been resolved. Let's hope so.

LovinM6
10-14-2009, 10:12 AM
This is consistent with what my CA told me recently -- MY2010 750's are being held at port (in this case NY/NJ) by the EPA to deal with an emissions issue of some nature. I am told also that this may hold up shipments of new vehicles from the factory until the issue is resolved, although I heard from the CA today that they are beginning to release some cars from port for delivery. So, maybe the problem has been resolved. Let's hope so.

My guess is that this is true because my vehicle has been produced now for several days and is just sitting at the factory. I could not understand why but maybe this is the reason.

LovinM6
10-16-2009, 02:39 PM

Did you car get released yet? I have heard that they are releasing cars.

esk
10-17-2009, 03:17 PM
My '10 750 was also stuck at the port for the same issue. However, it was released on Thursday and arrived at the dealer (NH) this morning. I'm taking delivery on Monday.

LovinM6
10-17-2009, 05:10 PM
My '10 750 was also stuck at the port for the same issue. However, it was released on Thursday and arrived at the dealer (NH) this morning. I'm taking delivery on Monday.

Congrats. Look forward to some pictures!

tony102385
10-31-2009, 09:26 PM
Decided the 7 wasnt best for me at this time and went with the panamera turbo.

LovinM6
11-01-2009, 12:05 AM
Decided the 7 wasnt best for me at this time and went with the panamera turbo.

That certainly is at the other end of the spectrum.

gassy
11-01-2009, 07:44 AM
Sat in a Panamera yesterday at a local auto show. Nice to look at from the outside- it certainly rivals the S-Class and 7 for style and quality, but that rear end and absense of a real trunk made it look more like a crossover (the FX35 comes to mind more hat the 7-er) and not enough like a sport sedan, and for that much of an "investment" the performance would have to so outweigh what's in a 750 sport as to even make it a consideration for me. Good luck with yours, Tony, and be sure to give us your first impressions. How much of a delivery wait?

bruno787
11-01-2009, 01:57 PM
when i was shopping for an S class, i accidentally viewed the 7, then the ff day had a preview for the panamera, i was suddenly so in love with the car and totally forgot the S and 7, sadly, only 6 panameras were available and all sold out and the next batch would be december, since i cant wait 3 more months for a new car, i went with the 7 which by the way was also the last lwb avaialable since the launch models were all sold out. until now, im still thinking of the panamera i didnt get to buy :(

asaseaban
11-01-2009, 05:05 PM
when i was shopping for an S class, i accidentally viewed the 7, then the ff day had a preview for the panamera, i was suddenly so in love with the car and totally forgot the S and 7, sadly, only 6 panameras were available and all sold out and the next batch would be december, since i cant wait 3 more months for a new car, i went with the 7 which by the way was also the last lwb avaialable since the launch models were all sold out. until now, im still thinking of the panamera i didnt get to buy :(

I doubt you're missing anything significant. Now that you have the f01/02 experience go take the Panamera for a test drive and explore everything about it; appearance, ride comfort, handling, interior look and feel. I have a feeling after the test drive you'll see that you're not missing much...if any.

one thing that was clear for me was that the Panamera Turbo has lots of power than the f01/02 with M package.

tony102385
11-09-2009, 11:57 AM
They are two completley different cars but in the porsche you actually feel like your driving a car, you don't get that disconnected feeling. Also to my surprise I believe porsche wins in the interior department, much better fit and finish. The 7 is great overall but lacked in the sportness department thats why I decided to try the panamera. Anyone would be happy either way, but if your looking for the latest and maybe greatest its worth checking out the panamera.