PDA

View Full Version : Pulled the trigger - almost

idworkin
10-12-2009, 10:08 PM
After semi-lurking on this forum for a number of months, and after toying briefly with going for a pre-owned M5 (the single digit gas mileage scared me away from that one), I've finally (just about) pulled the trigger on an '09 750i.

I went to the dealer I bought my last 2 cars from for a lease-end inspection, told them I was leaning towards buying a car from another dealer because of the deal they offered, and these guys came back with a better deal ($12.5K off sticker before the $6K lease rebate).

So, I pick up the car tomorrow: 750i, dark graphite/ash-grain trim, sport package, convenience, luxury seating, premium sound, sirius, camera, drivers assistance, ceramic controls, smartphone integration :thumbup:

Coming from the 550 (which I've loved), still a tad concerned that the 7 is too big - but every time I drive the 750 I walk away convinced that it's not ... So, we'll see if I change my mind in the next 24 hours or keep the trigger pulled :dunno: ...

zibawala
10-12-2009, 10:10 PM
lease or buy? tell us details please? Congrats! Good Choice!

Spiroman
10-12-2009, 10:15 PM
I moved from an M5 to what is essentially a 750i without any difficulty. If you were moving to a 750Li, then it might be a different story, but you'd still get used to it.

Sounds like a great color combination, by the way. Pulling the trigger on this one sounds like a good idea to me!

Best regards.

Spiroman

Leslierc
10-13-2009, 05:46 AM
Sounds like a fantastic deal! Congratulations! Please post some pictures and discuss your impressions of the 7 when you get the chance.

LovinM6
10-13-2009, 07:18 AM
That is a fantastic deal, below invoice. Congrats and lets gets some pictures. :)

hayden
10-13-2009, 08:35 AM
lease or buy? tell us details please?

He already stated $12,500 off MSRP + $6000 lease cash.

BMR2009
10-13-2009, 03:53 PM
Dang! That be a good deal, mate.

idworkin
10-16-2009, 11:00 PM
So, I did it. Picked up the car Weds night. After driving the car for a few days (only a hundred miles or so), no regrets.

Here's my initial take:

- Performance! This car is absolutely amazing. I was concerned that I would miss my 550. I loved that car. The more I drive the 750, the more I like it. Seems to handle as well (or at least pretty damn close to) the 550. I haven't pushed it that hard yet -- but turns that would have the tires squealing in the 5 this car takes and says "give me more".
- Suspension: (OK, maybe this is just an expansion of the previous item) The adjustable suspension is great. I've been mostly keeping it in 'sport' mode, but have played around with some of the others -- definitely gives the car different personalities.
- Blind spot detection: I got the driver's assistance package mainly because it was on the car and the dealer was cutting a great deal -- it wasn't a 'must have' package for me. I still find the lane departure thing annoying, but the blind spot detection is very useful
- Ceramic controls: This should just be standard equipment in this car. I love the look, especially with the ash-grain wood trim.
- Camera package: cool, and useful
- Sound system: Sounds amazing. I like that all the presets are combined - this way, if you mostly listen to Satellite Radio and don't have much need for FM or AM presets, you can load up your presets w/ Sirius. The HD radio is also much improved -- in the 5, the radio kept cutting in and out of HD - very disconcerting. No such issue here.
- New idrive: Night and day difference
- Smartphone Integration: This was definitely not on my 'must have' list - but it was in the car, so I figured I'd get the adapter for my Blackberry Bold and try it. It's surprisingly useful. Just pop the phone in and it charges. Reception is definitely enhanced - areas where calls previously would drop are now no problem.

DISLIKES (well, really areas for improvement):
- Storage: The car just seems to be lacking storage space. The center console is small (especially with the smartphone integration) and the glove compartment is fairly small. My preference would be to remove the 6 disc DVD changer -- with the iPod connection, I never used the changer in my 5, and I can't see using it here. This would be a perfect storage area.
- Suspension Setting Memory: BMW continued one of the few annoyances from the 550 -- I always pressed the 'sport' button in that car - would have liked to have been able to make it the default. Same here. I'm generally keeping the suspension in 'sport' mode -- why doesn't the car remember your last setting?
- Seats: Surprisingly, the jury is still out a little bit on the seats. I'm not saying they're bad - they just don't seem as good as the ones in the 550. Again, I'm somewhat surprised by this - perhaps I just haven't gotten to the ideal setting yet.

That's probably about it right now -- more later after I've driven the car a bit more :)

Ira

zibawala
10-25-2009, 10:37 PM
After semi-lurking on this forum for a number of months, and after toying briefly with going for a pre-owned M5 (the single digit gas mileage scared me away from that one), I've finally (just about) pulled the trigger on an '09 750i.

I went to the dealer I bought my last 2 cars from for a lease-end inspection, told them I was leaning towards buying a car from another dealer because of the deal they offered, and these guys came back with a better deal ($12.5K off sticker before the $6K lease rebate).

So, I pick up the car tomorrow: 750i, dark graphite/ash-grain trim, sport package, convenience, luxury seating, premium sound, sirius, camera, drivers assistance, ceramic controls, smartphone integration :thumbup:

Coming from the 550 (which I've loved), still a tad concerned that the 7 is too big - but every time I drive the 750 I walk away convinced that it's not ... So, we'll see if I change my mind in the next 24 hours or keep the trigger pulled :dunno: ...

may i ask what was msrp and selling price? and if u bought or leased?

zibawala
11-01-2009, 07:35 PM
may i ask what was msrp and selling price? and if u bought or leased?

idworkin, would you mind listing what dealership was that?

idworkin
11-01-2009, 08:56 PM
idworkin, would you mind listing what dealership was that?

It was Rusnak in Thousand Oaks. 3rd car I bought from them. Had a strong deal from another dealership, visited Rusnak thinking they wouldn't be able to match it, and they wound up beating the deal - loyalty has some value :)

And, I have to say, after driving the car for a few weeks now, the more I drive it the more I love it.

I was initially concerned about performance/handling coming from a 550 -- no need for any concern. The handling on this car (with the sport package) is unbelievable. I know it's been said before, but it's worth repeating -- it handles like a car half it's size...

Good luck w/ your purchase!

Ira

zibawala
11-01-2009, 09:04 PM
Thanks Ira,

Which one was original competing dealer man?

btw is there any way to look for Southern ca 09 750i inventory?

Route 66
11-01-2009, 09:36 PM
Congrats!