PDA

View Full Version : FAO: Patrick 320d...RE: Brembo Rotors(m)

The HACK
12-28-2001, 11:39 AM
You mentioned you are looking for Brembo Rotors? I got mine from Elite Auto in Ontario Canada. The prices are very fair (I paid about $50 each...That's $25 less than anywhere else I've looked in the United States), Gino Yan, the guy that I talked to, was a straight up guy. He shipped me the wrong rotor at first because I had forgot to mentioned "E46" (he sent me E36 328 rotors), send me the correct rotor, re-imbursed me for the return shipping, and all this time he's eating close to $200 in shipping cost. They were by far the most pleasant vendor I've ever had to deal with.

Patrick
12-28-2001, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by The HACK
You mentioned you are looking for Brembo Rotors? I got mine from Elite Auto in Ontario Canada. The prices are very fair (I paid about $50 each...That's $25 less than anywhere else I've looked in the United States), Gino Yan, the guy that I talked to, was a straight up guy. He shipped me the wrong rotor at first because I had forgot to mentioned "E46" (he sent me E36 328 rotors), send me the correct rotor, re-imbursed me for the return shipping, and all this time he's eating close to $200 in shipping cost. They were by far the most pleasant vendor I've ever had to deal with.

The HACK: Thanks! I have two friends from Canada headed this way in February and I will get them on this. What I found here is, well, a lot more than $50 each. More like $160 USD each (guy dealing in MOMO rally equipment).

I will have to triple check that all of this works with the OE calipers on my 320d, although I am guessing I got the same brakes as the 320i/323i/328.

I appreciate the heads up. It also justifies buying wheels and snow tires next year!

Patrick

The HACK
12-28-2001, 07:23 PM
I can check for you on the Parts CD to see if the calipers are interchangable. Just email me your VIN and I can search the parts database for you.

dannyxi
12-28-2001, 07:27 PM
Hello Hack,

Does the rotor "improve" the stopping distance or did the rotors just feel "tigther" when you hit the break?

I wanna get the brembo rotors too, but from what I heard, it doesn't fit the xi model. :(

Thanks,

Danny

LilEccentricJ
12-28-2001, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by The HACK
I can check for you on the Parts CD to see if the calipers are interchangable. Just email me your VIN and I can search the parts database for you.

Hack, where might I find a place to buy such a "Parts CD"?