PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth/BMW Assist Compatibility

SARAFIL
09-12-2003, 06:56 PM
All BMW’s other models (other than E60), with premium packages, will also NOT be Bluetooth compatible. We are diligently working on the same “eject box solution” for these vehicles. That means any V60 phone will also work in these premium package vehicles once they have the interfacing eject box. Delivery of these eject boxes will begin sometime late this year (Nov-Dec). Until those eject boxes are available, there will be no way to integrate a phone with the premium package vehicles. The exception of course is the E65 which will continue to have the CPT9000 standard.

Bluetooth will become compatible with BMW Assist starting with 9/04 production.

beemer4me
09-12-2003, 07:58 PM
Sarafil, am I right by saying the current reason Assist and BT are incompatible is because of the eject box is not available? I still have not really figured out WHY the two are incompatible. I have heard a lot of speculation, do you(or anyone else) have any idea?

SARAFIL
09-12-2003, 08:26 PM
Sarafil, am I right by saying the current reason Assist and BT are incompatible is because of the eject box is not available? I still have not really figured out WHY the two are incompatible. I have heard a lot of speculation, do you(or anyone else) have any idea?

The quote above is an excerpt from the minutes of a Service Manager/BMW Executive meeting earlier this year. They apparently discussed some important issues, I learned some new things from reading through them-- this being one of them.

I am going out on a limb here, as I have no clue what the issue is. I am assuming it has to do with an actual problem configuring BMW Assist to work with Bluetooth technology. I'm not much of a techie, so I have no clue what the actual problem is.