PDA

View Full Version : 525i problems

direct44
10-16-2009, 10:37 PM
ok so i have a bmw 525i 92 with 202k miles, i was just needing some help with a couple of things, first my air conditioner only works on high, next when driving i have some problems with like a bogging down noise, this doesnt happen all of the time and when i turn corners it revs high but doesnt catch for like a sec, some times when i stop at a light it jerks forward or stalls, can anyone help

Tourburgring
10-17-2009, 08:35 AM
Your A/C problem is probably really a Blower problem. There is a resistor that is in series with the fan speed switch and if it burns out you will only be able to get High Speed. Do a search here on Blower Resistor and there are lots of good tips on changing it out.

Your other problem isn't so clear. Is this an automatic? If so the revving high in turns might indicate a low fluid level causing the tranny to slip. Not sure about the other symptoms though.

direct44
10-17-2009, 01:49 PM
yea its werid, like when turning corners it loses speed and then revs high and sometimes jerks. but it only does it when turning and stopping

Tourburgring
10-17-2009, 03:48 PM
Check your transmission fluid level and unless you know the cars service history, you should probably do a Fluid & Filter change while you are down there.

direct44
10-17-2009, 03:51 PM
trans fluid level is ok, could it be the fuel pump? or something else, previous owner put in a new tran

Tourburgring
10-18-2009, 11:00 AM
Can't see how a fuel pump could cause the symptoms you describe.
Are you sure about the transmission fluid level? It must be checked hot with the car on level ground, engine running and the transmission in Neutral.

direct44
10-20-2009, 02:52 PM
i dont think its the trans fluid checked it and put some in, but ive noticed when i turn off the a/c the car gets alot better accerlation. i had the catalitic converter checked and they said the air flow was fine, but there is a whisleing noise coming from the back too any ideas