PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered 750lxi individual

graeboy
10-19-2009, 06:28 PM
couldn't make up my mind whether to get xdrive or not. Was tempted to go without to get the 6000 lease cash on a 2009. Well everybody tell me what you think? My dealer is telling me 7-8 weeks is that accurate? Also am I going to be able to use my Valentine one with the windshield and the active cruise control?

My 750Li xDrive Sedan
4.4-liter, V-8 engine
xDrive, intelligent all-wheel-drive
See all standard features
Base MSRP
$87,355
Citrin Black Metallic
$1,800
Platinum Full Merino Leather
$0
Piano Finish Black trim
$0
BMW Individual Composition
$7,700
Camera Package
$750
Convenience Package
$1,700
Driver Assistance Package
$1,350
Luxury Rear Seating Package
$3,700
Luxury Seating Package
$2,800

Wood inlay steering wheel
$800
Premium Sound Package
$2,000
Rear Entertainment Package
$2,200
Active Cruise Control
$2,400
Ceramic Controls
$650
Head-up Display
$1,300
Smartphone Integration
$150
Satellite radio with 1 year subscription
$350
Night Vision with Pedestrian Detection
$2,600
Destination & Handling:
$825
Total MSRP as Built
$120,430
Exterior
Citrin Black Metallic
Interior Upholstery
Platinum Full Merino Leather
Interior Upholstery
Wood inlay steering wheel
Interior Trim
Piano Finish Black trim

LovinM6
10-19-2009, 07:08 PM
Congratulations. Your car will be beautiful. I think 7-8 weeks sounds pretty aggressive but one never knows if you hit the proper production slot.

One thing I noticed in your order was the wood inlay steering wheel. I chose not to get that because I wanted an all leather wheel but I was curious as to the fact that when I looked at the configurator on the BMW website it shows it is available on the 750 Li x drive but not on the 750 Li without x drive. I wonder if that is just a computer mistake as I believe I could have gotten that if I wanted and was willing to give up the heated steering wheel. Does anyone have any information on this?

graeboy
10-20-2009, 05:20 AM
its a mistake its available on both cars. I went through the order forms on both before i settled on the lxi

CT7er
10-20-2009, 05:02 PM
its a mistake its available on both cars. I went through the order forms on both before i settled on the lxi

That is correct; however, you will not have the heated steering wheel with the wood inlay. It's either one way or the other.

CT7er
10-20-2009, 05:08 PM
And anyway, what is the attraction to having the piano black inlay set off on a black steering wheel?

graeboy
10-20-2009, 06:17 PM
I like the way it looks. It is a real sacrifice for me not having the heated steering wheel living in NYC. I just love that individual wheel with the wood.

LovinM6
10-20-2009, 09:43 PM
I like the way it looks. It is a real sacrifice for me not having the heated steering wheel living in NYC. I just love that individual wheel with the wood.

I debated this exact issue in my mind a thousand times. I never liked the feel of the wood steering wheels so if there was a lot of wood it would have been an easy decision. If I were not getting Piano Black it would have been an easier decision but I feel the subtle look of the Piano Black against the black leather will look really good. My decision came down to the following: I like the heated steering wheel regardless of the fact that I am in California. Second, I have talked myself into the fact that I will feel the wood on the steering wheel and lastly, it is a new option so maybe it doesn't look that good.

Final conclusion: I may be sorry I didn't order it. :dunno:

graeboy
10-20-2009, 10:47 PM
I agree with you 100%. I don't like the feel of a wood wheel either. Right now I have a 2007 s600 benz with the wood wheel and a 2008 m6. Every time I get in the M6 I say this is the way a wheel should feel. That being said I don't think I will feel the wood on the 750 wheel. As far as the heating option I will surely miss it, I was using it today in the M6. I debated it and after seeing a picture of the wheel with the wood inlay and the individual badge I was sold. Will I regret it? probably during the winter :dunno:

LovinM6
10-20-2009, 11:02 PM
I agree with you 100%. I don't like the feel of a wood wheel either. Right now I have a 2007 s600 benz with the wood wheel and a 2008 m6. Every time I get in the M6 I say this is the way a wheel should feel. That being said I don't think I will feel the wood on the 750 wheel. As far as the heating option I will surely miss it, I was using it today in the M6. I debated it and after seeing a picture of the wheel with the wood inlay and the individual badge I was sold. Will I regret it? probably during the winter :dunno:

I do agree with you as well but I was concerned that you will be able to feel the leather ridges on each side of the wood. I could not see how they could make a smooth transition from wood to leather and I assumed the wood would be somewhat recessed. Again, I have no idea if this is true but it is what I talked myself into. I called New Jersey and they had no idea and their description of the wood inlay was actually totally incorrect.

CT7er
10-21-2009, 06:36 AM
To each his (or her) own, as they say. FYI -- Here are some photos of F02 Individual package from the '09 Paris Auto Show featuring the wood inlay steering wheel (in walnut honey brown against champagne leather). For me, if I were to go with the wood inlay wheel, I'd prefer something that actually looks like wood instead of just another plastic laminate feature (although I do realize the piano black laminate is not, in fact, plastic, and that all the "wood" trims are actually wood laminates anyway). Also, I feel the wheel inlay somehow steps too far away from the traditional BMW look. I thought about it, but in the end declined to go with the wheel inlay in the Individual (black or otherwise) for that reason.

LovinM6
10-21-2009, 08:54 AM
To each his (or her) own, as they say. FYI -- Here are some photos of F02 Individual package from the '09 Paris Auto Show featuring the wood inlay steering wheel (in walnut honey brown against champagne leather). For me, if I were to go with the wood inlay wheel, I'd prefer something that actually looks like wood instead of just another plastic laminate feature (although I do realize the piano black laminate is not, in fact, plastic, and that all the "wood" trims are actually wood laminates anyway). Also, I feel the wheel inlay somehow steps too far away from the traditional BMW look. I thought about it, but in the end declined to go with the wheel inlay in the Individual (black or otherwise) for that reason.

I agree, to each his own. Having now seen these pictures I am comfortable with my decision.

LovinM6
10-21-2009, 09:01 AM
Another question I had was that people are referring to the wood inlay sheering wheel along with the Individual package. As I look at the configurator, it appears that the wood inlay steering wheel is part of the seating package and actually has nothing to do with the Individual package.

Is this correct?

CT7er
10-22-2009, 06:41 AM
Another question I had was that people are referring to the wood inlay sheering wheel along with the Individual package. As I look at the configurator, it appears that the wood inlay steering wheel is part of the seating package and actually has nothing to do with the Individual package.

Is this correct?

Yes, I believe the luxury package (with heated steering wheel) and the wood inlay wheel are technically separate options. However, ordering the wood inlay wheel will cancel out the heated wheel neverthless. I would assume the heating elements somehow cannot coexist with the inlay material and/or the inlay won't leave enough room for the heating elements.

Sting
11-14-2009, 09:32 AM
I am having an individual 650i ordered painted in Citrin Black. The individual steering wheel with the wood inlay comes with the individual package. According to the info. that they passed too me...I could not get the heated steering wheel or the lane avoidance option if I were ordering the individual package in the 650i. I really wanted the lane avoidance option but I guess that wood inlay must affect the use of that option. Since there are not that many spots that they put it I also wanted the individual badging on the car(like on the steering wheel). Of course all of this is on the 650.