PDA

View Full Version : End-of-lease question

elbert
09-14-2003, 08:16 PM
This is the first time I've leased a car, and I will be returning it in a couple months. I'm over on the mileage, but I do plan on getting another BMW. Is it possible for the fee to be waived, or at least reduced? If minor dings will be overlooked, I don't see why this should be any different. To whom should I apply leverage, the dealer, the rep looking over my car, or someone else?

ad-thanks-vance.

(I searched to see if this was covered before, so sorry if it's a repost)

Tanin
09-15-2003, 04:29 PM
This is the first time I've leased a car, and I will be returning it in a couple months. I'm over on the mileage, but I do plan on getting another BMW. Is it possible for the fee to be waived, or at least reduced? If minor dings will be overlooked, I don't see why this should be any different. To whom should I apply leverage, the dealer, the rep looking over my car, or someone else?

ad-thanks-vance.

(I searched to see if this was covered before, so sorry if it's a repost)

How many miles are you over and what is your penalty per extra mile?

tgravo2
09-15-2003, 04:48 PM
what are you getting next? :D

elbert
09-15-2003, 08:47 PM
Yeah, I guess some info would help, huh?

It's through BMWFS, which is why I think I might get a little leeway. I'm about 7k miles over at $0.20 per mile.

I'm thinking of buying an M3, but I'm kicking myself for not jumping on a 2003 ZHP on the lease special that expired a couple weeks ago.

tgravo2
09-16-2003, 08:49 AM
Yeah, I guess some info would help, huh?

It's through BMWFS, which is why I think I might get a little leeway. I'm about 7k miles over at $0.20 per mile.

I'm thinking of buying an M3, but I'm kicking myself for not jumping on a 2003 ZHP on the lease special that expired a couple weeks ago.

M3 :banana: