PDA

View Full Version : Run Flat Tires

Flyingman
10-21-2009, 05:59 PM
I don't have my new 2010 335d yet, but I am already aprehensive about RFT's.

On my commute home from Miami on I-75 North, there was a lot of rubber necking as we passed a late model 3 or 5 series BMW with a right rear flat. The lady was out in the middle of the median on her cell phone calling for assistance.:mad:

I asume she did not have RFT's, and I would assume had no idea (or intention) how to change a flat. It looked like a good samaritan :angel: stopped to assist her.

It is moments like this when I suppose one can appreciate the RFT.:thumbup:

For me flats are usually far and few inbetween, but one thing is certain, they are never convenient.

z06bigbird
10-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Answer is a full size spare--even if it does take up space.

MUrhino
10-28-2009, 08:58 PM
Here here...I miss my Jeep Grand Cherokee with a matching full size spare in the trunk....but then again it was an SUV, so worse gas mileage, and took some cargo space...but hey, it's an SUV! But...if you're driving cross-country, BOOM, pop out the jack, throw the new wheel on, and torque it up at the next tire shop for a very minimal fee....I mean you could ask to borrow the torque wrench and may even be free. Definitely a time saver! Here's an idea...what a spare, even if you have RFTs? Crazy I know, but most people don't want to take up 1/2 their day (or longer) just to get back on the road.