PDA

View Full Version : Good Deal?

dbred330ci
10-24-2009, 08:27 AM
Someone has a 93 525i automatic with 207k miles on it. They are asking $2000. I was wondering if this price seemed normal.

I have a 3 series now and i was considering getting this car for a winter ride. How long does the automatic trans last in these cars. How are they in the snow? What are some common problems

Any info would be great. Thanks

woodnthings8
10-24-2009, 01:10 PM
2k for a car in good condition is a fair price. If the interior and exterior are clean and in good shape it is a good deal. The transmissions last if the fluid is changed at 30k. Mine has the ASC and it does great in the winter, just make sure you put a good As tire on it and it will do great. The weakest part of tge car is the 2.5L water pump that has a plastic impeller. If the pump goes bad you will overheat and then need to do the head gasket too. Keep the cooling system up to snuff and you should be fine.

CarDriver
10-25-2009, 01:21 PM
Someone has a 93 525i automatic with 207k miles on it. They are asking $2000. I was wondering if this price seemed normal.

I have a 3 series now and i was considering getting this car for a winter ride. How long does the automatic trans last in these cars. How are they in the snow? What are some common problems

Any info would be great. Thanks

Mine has 241K and runs very strong. Provided the engine and tranny are good in the one you are looking at, and there are no electrical poblems, the the most common problems you will have with a car that age will be suspension related. Once you drive the car you should be able to tell if it needs suspension work.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=406952

dbred330ci
10-26-2009, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the info. I love how the water pump is still the weakest part of a BMW in 2001.