PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Upgrade for the Touring

BrothaMansWhip2
10-24-2009, 08:34 PM
I'm considering upgrading my entire audio system in the touring. Can someone tell me the specs for the speakers throughout the car. I believe I have the 10 speaker system. The car already had an aftermarket head unit when I purchased it. I need to know the sizes of the speakers in the roof behind the dual moonroof/sunroof? Also what would be the best brand to go with?

Viktor
10-25-2009, 12:57 AM
Bavarian Sound Werks specializes in speakers for the e34. They are a sponsor on this site if you go lower in the forums you will find them. Their sets typically come ready to install and if you want something else they may already have the info your looking for as far as sizes go. When I fix my important problems I sure plan to check into getting a set!

BrothaMansWhip2
10-25-2009, 06:30 PM
Thanks. I checked them out and they had nothing for a touring. I did find everything on realoem..... but no specs about size or dimensions:mad: I also checked out ecs tuning which has the actual picture.. but no sizes. :mad::mad:. Most of the sites I go to don't even have the option to select a touring.
I'm hoping someone who has done an upgrade can tell me.

jimoreno
10-27-2009, 08:43 AM
If you contact BSW they do have a speaker upgrade kit for the E34 (or at least they usedd to!). Its was $499 and it's plug and play. It includes 4 5-1/4" speakers (2 front kick panels, 2 rear), 4 1" tweeters (2 front doors, 2 rears) and 2 2" Mid-range speakers (front dashboard). You can get 2 5-1/4 component sets and leave the midrange speakers as you won't find them that easy (I think BSW was sourcing them from Europe) and just replace the speaker themselves since the crossovers are in the amp. You might need to add a sub to get decent low end response though.

attack eagle
11-01-2009, 08:26 PM
5 1/4 midbasses on both ends

front is ~3/4" super tweeters and 2" mids.

rear is either 1" or 3/4 inch. just pull the cover off then and see. I honestly suggest you just unplug the rear tweeters though, as they do a crap job and are in a crap location. there is similarly no reason to replace the rear mids. the car will sound better with out them. You should apply some dynamat extreme or Damplifier (not raamat or any of the ones that use mylar to look shiny, as that isn;t the point of sound deadening) back there as there is no deadening and even the factory 5.25 speakers will make the roof bow, shake, and vibrate.

attack eagle
11-01-2009, 08:26 PM
5 1/4 midbasses on both ends

front is ~3/4" super tweeters and 2" mids.

rear is either 1" or 3/4 inch. just pull the cover off then and see. I honestly suggest you just unplug the rear tweeters though, as they do a crap job and are in a crap location. there is similarly no reason to replace the rear mids. the car will sound better with out them. You should apply some dynamat extreme or Damplifier (not raamat or any of the ones that use mylar to look shiny, as that isn;t the point of sound deadening) back there as there is no deadening and even the factory 5.25 speakers will make the roof bow, shake, and vibrate.
i posted all the sizes a long time ago on Bf.c