PDA

View Full Version : 19 inch multi spoke wheels:

Sohail5770
10-25-2009, 08:20 AM
I ordered my 750 xi 2010 car with 19 inch multi spoke wheels, dealer told me that with these wheels, you have to compromise on snow and rain. I want to know people's experience with these wheels. Is regular deriving is better with these wheels and how is the comfort of the ride with 19" wheels?

PS: I hate the look of the car with regular wheels.

Thanks.

BMR2009
10-25-2009, 09:37 AM
I too was very unimpressed with the standard wheels. Adrian talked me into keeping the 235 Models (which I had selected over the 252's), and I'm glad he did. I think they look better than the alternative.

There is an upgrade wheel, but it's a 21 Star Spoke model 311 and cost an additional $6,530-:eek:--looks great, though. If you buy the sport package you can do the 20 Double-spoke M, style 303 (upgrade of $1,300):thumbup:.

Since the car comes with run-flats, if you move up in size in the aftermarket, you're going to get crushed on trade-ins or just holding them and buying other wheels. If you're not willing to pay-up big, pick your favorite wheel, and move on.

SleepTight
10-26-2009, 08:44 AM
Another wheel and tire thread in the 7 Series forum! Just goes to show you the BMW seriously missed the boat by not offering all season tires on the 19"s for the 750s with xDrive. As has been discussed here several times, you could always mount all season tires on your 19" rims which, combined with xDrive, will probably be more than sufficient for downstate New York winters. You could even switch back to the performance tires in spring but you'll have to replace the TPMS sensors when you remount and balance. It's a little pricey, but probably still less than the cost of buying four good 19" wheels simply to have a full-blown winter setup.