PDA

View Full Version : Sensor removal, Help!

ryanscp
10-26-2009, 04:02 PM
I am trying to remove what I thought would be a simple sensor at the front of the engine but I am losing my mind trying to take it out. It is the reference/speed sensor just below the waterpump. I removed the bolt holding it on and thought it would just come out. Not a chance! I used very slight hammer hits (don't want to hit the rad fins), I tried removall lubricant, I tried slight heat with a small torch and nothing. As you can see from my pic I tried prying it to no avail. Am I missing something here or should it not just come out? Help:dunno:

yaofeng
10-26-2009, 07:06 PM
It should just come out. Grab on the body with a pair of pliers cushioned by rags and twist.

jimoreno
10-27-2009, 07:35 AM
Try to rotate it to loosen it up. If that doesn't work, get some PB Blaster on it and let it soak a while and then try again. Getting the bolt back on the holder is going to be the fun part afterwards.

ryanscp
10-27-2009, 07:12 PM
I let it soak overnight and drowned it again tonight. Used a rag and pliers and after 10 minutes and a few obsene words it finally moved. Sprayed again and slowly it came off. Thanks you guys, I need a beer.