PDA

View Full Version : Central Locking??HELP!

wildwise
10-26-2009, 04:50 PM
I have a very unusual problem with my rear driver's side door. It won't open for anything! The electronic window will not work on that door either? The other three doors work fine with the central locking system and the windows on the other three doors work perfectly too. I live in Hawaii and have to get a yearly safety inspection (which is now overdue). They won't pass me until I get this fixed!! I started to pull off the door panel on the door in question, but that's very difficult being that the door won't open! I'm thinking there has to be a switch or connector somewhere that controls the electronics going to that door but don't now where to begin to look. Any ideas/info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!:dunno:

Bimmer4Life_ny
10-27-2009, 06:42 PM
I had the same problem with my 1989 525i with the same rear driver side door. I couldn't open it with the key or manually from the inside. You have might have a frozen door lock actuator/motor like I did. As for the window problem, I don't know what will cause it not to open. The only way to change the actuator is to remove the door panel which is not going to be that easy. In order to do this first remove the whole back seat. This will make it easier to remove the door panel. Then remove the weatherstrip around the door. Once this is done, start taking off the door panel carefully. Good Luck.
This is what the acuator looks like:

wildwise
10-30-2009, 03:12 AM
Thank you so much for the input. That's about what I've deduced from checking all the electrical stuff and everything else I could think of. My next step was to really tear into that door panel and have a look at the actuator. I can tell it's not going to be fun when the door won't open. Thanks again!!:thumbup: