PDA

View Full Version : blank owners manual screen & no steering wheel memory

bruno787
10-28-2009, 03:58 PM
in a thread before, there was mention of one's in-car manual showing blank screens......and mine has it too!!!!!! it randomly happens, there are no text displayed, but the graphics are present.

also, i still cannot get my steering wheel position memory to work as do the easy entry exit feature, only the mirror and seat settings are memorized.

any fix for these? dont have a dealer within a thousand kilometers.

louser
10-29-2009, 01:27 AM
hi.
it was my car that was showing showing the blank owners manual.
for me there was no need to fix it after a day and half it came right by it self.
i called bmw and they say that when the car starts the whole idrive system loads from a hard drive and that sometimes it wont load. not to worry its not major. unless yours is different problem. i suggest leave the car for a day or so without starting if possible.

with regard to the memory for the wheel no help there. but try playing around with your settings youll get it right.

goodluck

bruno787
10-29-2009, 05:10 AM
Hi Louser....

if im not mistaken, is your 740i the one in cashmere silver (same as mine) with 20" style 253 wheels? if so, how is the ride? are the tires noisy?

i want to put the same 20" rims on my 7 but im having second thoughts of deteriorating the ride comfort im enjoying with the stock 18s. my suv has 21"s and it really feels bouncy and nosiy now that i drive the 7 more often.

BMR2009
10-29-2009, 07:20 AM
There's no avoiding a rougher ride if you go to 20's as there's less air and rubber between you and the road, and it's compounded if you stick with the run-flats as the side walls are even thicker, and stronger.

If you enjoy the soft ride now, you better stick with them. I went from 19's to 20's in my last 7 series and I could certainly tell a difference in the ride. It wasn't significant, but the bumps became sharper and a little more pronounced. Trade-off; more accurate cornering, but a sharper edge where the car would begin its turning radius.

your 2010 car is a 750, not a 740. But since you probably paid 100k you can call it anything you like.

louser
10-29-2009, 10:15 AM
hi
i have the 740 milano biege (great colour im sure bmr2009 will agree)
im riding on stocks never changed my wheels.

i agree with bmr2009 dont change the tires if the ride is cormfortable. i have a friend with a 750 and he cahnged to 20" he said he felt a chage in drive stlye so he put the stock wheels back.

if u still want to change to 20" then tell your bmw dealer and they will give u instruction on what to do. they are going to probably tell u to order new sports suspension from them then u will have the same comfortalbe ride with the 20". the suspensionkits are expensive.
i dont recommend it as it tampers with the dynamic damping system.

lennynchris
10-29-2009, 09:19 PM
your 2010 car is a 750, not a 740. But since you probably paid 100k you can call it anything you like.

He's in the Philippines...

bruno787
10-29-2009, 10:08 PM
He's in the Philippines...
:thumbup:correct! and i paid US$200k++ for my 740Li :)