PDA

View Full Version : e30 325is progress & car fax

Stuka
09-16-2003, 04:07 PM
Um, no, this is not a post asking for free car fax.

For anyone with a good car fax account that they no longer need, I'll be willing to pay pro-rate the remaining car fax account so I can run a few potential E30 325is candidates.

Found two for 4 grand that are supposedly good with no missing VIN stickers so far.

Andy
02 M3 CB/Cloth SMG

The HACK
09-16-2003, 04:11 PM
Um, no, this is not a post asking for free car fax.

For anyone with a good car fax account that they no longer need, I'll be willing to pay pro-rate the remaining car fax account so I can run a few potential E30 325is candidates.

Found two for 4 grand that are supposedly good with no missing VIN stickers so far.

Andy
02 M3 CB/Cloth SMG

CarFax does not have access to California DMV database for collision repairs and salvage title.

JST
09-16-2003, 04:20 PM
CarFax does not have access to California DMV database for collision repairs and salvage title.

The question is whether this matters much for an old, cheap car that is going to primarily see service on the track. I think a quick pre-purchase inspection by a competent mechanic is probably sufficient for such a vehicle; I think I'd even be willing to buy one after my own inspection, and I'm not that competent.

Stuka
09-16-2003, 04:23 PM
The question is whether this matters much for an old, cheap car that is going to primarily see service on the track. I think a quick pre-purchase inspection by a competent mechanic is probably sufficient for such a vehicle; I think I'd even be willing to buy one after my own inspection, and I'm not that competent.

Yes, I have our mechanic friend John in mind for the inspection. :thumbup: And remember, this car also has to not breakdown while I drive to our clients who are located in the 'hood. :yikes: In short, the car is going to take me to places where I don't feel comfortable leaving my fast car at. :bigpimp:

Andy
02 M3 CB/Cloth SMG

JonW
09-16-2003, 04:25 PM

You think? For my E30 track car, I was hoping to drive it to the track. (If I get to the point of ever needing a truck and trailer to take my car to the track, please shoot me) And after using it at driver schools for a while, adding a cage, etc. to make it a racer. So for all that, it may be worthwhile to get the full on inspection.

The Roadstergal
09-16-2003, 04:45 PM
A Carfax will tell you its ownership history and mileage. It's unlikey to be of any use in telling you if a car has been in an accident - at the age of an E30, very likely - or, the more important datum for buying an older car, if it has been proerly maintained.

Jist a caution. ;) I'd forget the Carfax and go for the inspection.

SergioK
09-16-2003, 11:31 PM
4 grand eh? Hmm... I likes that price. Maybe I should pick one up as well. :D