PDA

View Full Version : Small radiator leak.

Gederts
10-30-2009, 07:12 PM
:dunno:
What damage,or harm ,if any can 'NULON' radiator STOP LEAK product do to may E34 M50 engine cooling sytem??
Gederts.

woodnthings8
10-30-2009, 08:37 PM
Stop leak is designed to "fix" leaks by blocking the leak. Problem is, it doesn't know what is leaking so it can block the tubes in the radiator and in the engine.

What is leaking? You can get a replacement radiator for under $200 new. I would not recommend using stop leak in any car or truck you plan on keeping.

CarDriver
10-31-2009, 05:15 AM
Stop leak is designed to "fix" leaks by blocking the leak. Problem is, it doesn't know what is leaking so it can block the tubes in the radiator and in the engine.

What is leaking? You can get a replacement radiator for under $200 new. I would not recommend using stop leak in any car or truck you plan on keeping.

+1

Let me find my reciept. I got my BEHR Radiator with expansion tank for $168 shipped (USD). I will send link. Not sure what shipping would cost to you though? If you do not see yours, Give them a call or send email to them, They should have it.

http://www.radiator-ac-imports.com/servlet/StoreFront

Gederts
10-31-2009, 07:51 PM
Thanks, NO stop leak.I will just top up the loss, it is only about 200cc's in 500Km. No leak when stopped and cold.

woodnthings8
11-01-2009, 06:53 AM
More than likely the plastic expansion tank is the issue. Mine was leaking at one of the crimps where the tank gets attached to the aluminum radiator. I could only find mine when I pressurized the radiator with 8-10 psi.

Gederts
11-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Same place, leaking at the crimps when hot,presurised.

lordjaded
12-01-2009, 05:29 AM
how do you fix that think i may be having the same issue i have replaced water pump and thermostat still get'n coolant low warning and overheating in short distances no heat even when i turn it on high !help a:confused:nyone