PDA

View Full Version : How to check production history?

SupraRZ
09-17-2003, 01:45 AM
I purchased my X5 off existing inventory, is there a way to look up build date with the VIN number? I'm not talking about carfaxes though... I'm curious to see how long the car sat on the lot before it was sold to me. The X5's are made in USA (doh) so I can't track the VIN with W&W :)

batm4n
09-17-2003, 04:10 AM
Have you checked Owners Circle?

SupraRZ
09-17-2003, 12:10 PM
Have you checked Owners Circle?

can't say I havent... did I miss anything on there?

batm4n
09-17-2003, 05:51 PM
can't say I havent... did I miss anything on there?

The owners circle on the bmw site has some info on your car. Once you register your VIN and such, it spits out some info about your vehicle like where it was bought, accessories and allows you to track it through production if it's a brand new vehicle

TedW
09-18-2003, 07:45 AM
I purchased my X5 off existing inventory, is there a way to look up build date with the VIN number? I'm not talking about carfaxes though... I'm curious to see how long the car sat on the lot before it was sold to me. The X5's are made in USA (doh) so I can't track the VIN with W&W :)

Open the drivers door and check the tag on the pillar. The build date will be there.

Ted

SupraRZ
09-20-2003, 03:59 PM
Open the drivers door and check the tag on the pillar. The build date will be there.

Ted

Oh wow, that was easy.... 07/03 :)

Thanks!

SASTUD
02-23-2004, 07:17 AM

what's your last 7 ? i can tell you the prod date & orig. inservice date. sastud