PDA

View Full Version : No Auto fold/unfold side mirrors for US Spec F01/02

asaseaban
11-03-2009, 06:36 AM
When i was in Hamburg, DE i saw a 750i that had the side mirrors automatically fold up when the car is lock from the remote key and unfold when the car is unlock. I spent several minutes digging thru my iDrive trying to find that settings but to no avail. When i got back in the States i drop of my car for the Service team to get my auto side mirror fold/unfold working. They told me the car was brand new and they didn't know much about it so they'll have one of the BMW regional tech who is train and knowledgable of the F01/02 to come look at my car. I drop the car off on Friday and i got a call on Tuesday that the regional tech came and look at my car and said the US F01/02 models don't have that option/feature. You can imagine my disappointment. :cry:

Now i understand why BMW sells their car less $$ (compare to Europe, Canada, China, etc) to US. The US spec F01/02 lack most of the feature/option that Europe, China and other countries have (but one can argue the opposite) such as 10" monitors for the rear entertainmant (8" monitors for US), Internet access via iDrive, TV capability via iDrive, iDrive DVD playback for front passenger (whilst car is in motion), Auto side mirror fold and unfold...just to mention a few.

I think most of us are willing to shell out a few bucks to get all the features and options that comes with F01/02 and even more regardless of our geographical location. Yes i understand the US safetly and laws are different compare to other countries but what harm will be caused by having a 10" monitor or side mirrors that fold and unfold automatically...really?

One can argue that with all these laws and restrictions in the US, our driving habit and vehicle accident fatality is worse than Europe and other countries.

Just my $0.02

6spdg37s
11-03-2009, 06:52 AM
im very upset that my 06 750 does not have the option period. Pretty sure you have to get out of the car and fold it in and out

asaseaban
11-03-2009, 07:15 AM
im very upset that my 06 750 does not have the option period. Pretty sure you have to get out of the car and fold it in and out

None of my past 7 series have had the motorised side mirrors so I was excited to see it on the F01/02 but don't understand why they removed the option to have the mirrors fold autotically when the car is locked and unfold when the car is put into drive. Yes I can puush a button/dot to fold and unfold the side mirrors but if other countries have the auto side mirror operation then the US ought to have it.

BMR2009
11-03-2009, 07:56 PM
You gotta be kidding me. I was already pissed about the ten inch monitors, no mouse controller or interenet in the back, now no folding mirror. What else did they cheap-out on?

bruno787
11-06-2009, 04:42 AM
if your 7 is equipped with electrically folding mirrors, look for the fold/unfold button on the driver's door switches beside the side mirror button. if you have this option, to fold/unfold mirrors, press the keyfob until the mirrors fold/unfold,same thing if you have comfort access, you need to put your finger longer on the handle.

asaseaban
11-06-2009, 05:14 AM
if your 7 is equipped with electrically folding mirrors, look for the fold/unfold button on the driver's door switches beside the side mirror button. if you have this option, to fold/unfold mirrors, press the keyfob until the mirrors fold/unfold,same thing if you have comfort access, you need to put your finger longer on the handle.

Unfortunately for USA 7 series models the remote key doesn't do much. When i press the unlock button on the remote key for a couple of seconds it does two things;
(1) Unlock the door
(2) Roll down all the windows and sunroof.

When i press the lock button (roundel) on the remote key for a couple of seconds it ONLY lock the car...nothing else happens.

I do have the comfort access and when i press on the handle for a couple of seconds it ONLY locks the car...that's it.

bruno787
11-06-2009, 05:54 AM
have you tried pressing and holding the trunk button on the key until it remotely closes the trunk?

as for the sidemirror power fold function, look first at your driver's door controls if you have the auto fold button beside the Left/Right mirror control button, if its blank...then you dont have power fold mirrors.

gassy
11-06-2009, 05:55 AM
My MY 2001 740i had power folding side view mirrors. I guess it was a Bangle decision to remove it as a US option. My current 745i doesn't have them, and I wish it did. I was going to buy a 2010 750 but now that I learn that there are no auto folding mirrors I'm going for the new Aston Martin Rapide. What's a coupla hundred grand...

asaseaban
11-06-2009, 06:09 AM
clarification: my key has 4 buttons (euro version)

1. unlock button
2. roundel / lock button
3. Trunk Button******
4. panic button

maybe this explains what you US ppl are missing :)

The remote key fob is standard on all 7er regardless of region or country. However, it's capability is limited (programming/coding) based on region or country.

Here are the keys for my US 750Li.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=203781&d=1254779474

bruno787
11-06-2009, 06:15 AM
oh, we have the same keys.