PDA

View Full Version : Houston weather does it again...92 525i

japbike736
11-03-2009, 06:54 PM
I hate this place. Can't wait for Dec. 24th to give notice at work and go back to Nevada. Living here is so bad I don't even care if there is no work in Nevada. Water has really messed up my electrical system. Once again 5 inches of rain in about 30 minutes has made my power windows power locks and sunroof go crazy. The car did not flood this time I parked it up on the curb, but all of the driving thru flooded streets to get home in this god forsaken town has caused all of this to happen... AGAIN...... I have been told one of my "ground points" may be the problem. I have a service manual but it does not tell me where these "ground points" are. Other than the battery, does anyone know where they might be??????????? PS ..Avoid Houston, Texas....It ain't no place to be.....

nmp411
11-05-2009, 09:48 AM
There should be a ground to the motor mounts. Those are the two main ones.

But I bet it is your fuseible link that is having the problem.
Check it out here.
http://www.bmwe34.net/Wiki/tiki-index.php?page=Fusible+link

solli
11-05-2009, 03:04 PM
That's good info to know - I just had two electrical failures - both after a cold night, and I thought it was the battery but the battery started up later in the day with no problem.

CarDriver
11-06-2009, 04:12 AM
That's good info to know - I just had two electrical failures - both after a cold night, and I thought it was the battery but the battery started up later in the day with no problem.

If after You mow your lawn you find an e34 in the grass... You just may be a red-neck:rofl::rofl:

Jut kidding man! I know those are plants, I just could not resist. LOL...

solli
11-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Think this is bad? You should see the car in the winter when I don't plow the driveway....:lmao:

japbike736
11-06-2009, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the link. It sounds like this could very well be the problem. I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. Last april Houston got 13 inches of rain in 2 days. I had 4 inches of water in the car. Can't wait to get under that back seat and search this thing out.....Hope it doesn't rain.....Thanks again, Tony Holland

CarDriver
11-07-2009, 05:28 AM
Think this is bad? You should see the car in the winter when I don't plow the driveway....:lmao:

Too funny.

japbike736
11-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Well I tracked down the fuseable link. It was in a sealed plastic box mounted about 4 or 5 inches above the floor on the battery side . It looked perfect. It looks like water never got to it. To make sure I jumped across it. It made no difference. I pulled both controll modules and the two yellow relays from there sockets. I noticed some of the pins in the General Module had a little crap on them so I cleaned them up and sprayed the sockets with contact cleaner and silicone spray. I snaped everything back in place and much to my surprise everything worked!!!! For about 15 minutes.....Now I am back to maybe it will lock the doors and roll up the windows and maybe it wont. I know I am close ....When I push the power window button they all flash... The inside lights flash very fast and I get a click click from the yellow relays........Im going crazy....Is there more than one fuseable link????

diederik
11-09-2009, 02:36 AM
start looking there for faulthy contact's . then the relais ....and so on .measure of everthing work's correct and you wil find the culprite

greetins