PDA

View Full Version : Suggested Use of Hard Drive

Guards Red Car
11-04-2009, 04:07 AM
Can anyone give me some ideas on how to use my 7's hard drive? Is anyone using it for photos? Can I directly transfer music from iPod? Most of my music is in iTunes format on my home computer and I am aware that it is tricky to extract and share music with another device (such as another hard drive).

I have not yet studied the manual in detail about the hard drive - is it very helpful? Thanks!

gelmachine
11-09-2009, 12:55 PM
I took advantage of the year-end lease deal so I didn't have the upgraded sound package and as a result no iPod integration. Then I came to find out that you can't control iPod from the iDrive without premium sound and no aftermarket option! I was pissed!

The upside is that you can load your mp3's onto the hard-drive and all of my music is also in iTunes, what I did was downloaded noteburner....noteburner will allow you to convert the iTunes format into MP3. You simply just put the music on a USB key and stick it into the slot in the dash...iDrive automatically uploads.

One separate note, I test drove a car with premium sound and I really couldn't tell the difference and I'm an audiphile...so $2K for iPod integration is riduculous!

Hope that helps!

BMR2009
11-09-2009, 02:43 PM
Totally disagree. The upgraded sound system is much better than the stock system. Relatively speaking, fo 2k, it's not worth it, but I can't imagine listening to the stock system for any length of time. While I moan and groan about the sound system, it is better than the stock.

Your hard drive can be loaded with thousands of songs through the USB connection or through loading individual CD's. I have only done the CD loads and they are very straight forward. I have not loaded pictures, but I'm sure you could view them via the USB connection.